Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

3.5

on 6/29/2017 2:46:00 PM

Did not make any difference; my undereye area remained dry and cakey looking. Maybe it decreased creasing a little bit but did nothing for hydrating. Also, the price is pretty up there for such a small tube. The packaging itself is not wonderful either; the tip does not glide on as it suggests so you just squeeze out on your finger and apply.

on 6/28/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Alright, this stuff really does work. I used it for prom and it kept my under eye concealer on all night until the early morning. It's a super moisturizing and light formula which I love. It decreases creasing as well which is an added bonus. The only negative is the price.

on 2/16/2017 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this primer now for about 4 weeks and I have to say, it has knocked out my prior HG primer (Tarte 360 crease less) for top spot. I love that a small amount goes a long way. I apply it both under my eye and on my eyelid. I have dry eyelids but this primer not only hydrates my under eye area, so that the conceal goes on smoothly, but it also hydrates and smoothes out my eyelid so that I have less creasing and I can use shimmery shades again. It dries down clear and is easy to blend in. after it dries down I gently under my eyes prior to applying concealer to remove any excess or any that got into any lines. I then apply my concealer on top. It does prolong the wear of my concealer and it also does a good job of keeping my eyeshadow in place for the entire day, without creasing. It is very easy to find at Ulta, Sephora, online or anywhere they sell Smashbox. It is $29 USD but it seems like it will last a long time. I have very sensitive, reactive skin, which is why I wore this every day for 3 weeks before writing a review. I have had no reaction to the product at all (no swelling, irritation, nothing). So, I do really like this product and recommend it for dry or mature skin.

on 4/30/2017 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does what it says it will do, a good base for undereye and helps reflect light in that area. My under eye area looks plump and hydrated.

on 5/2/2017 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this for a period of time and all I can say is... it's ok. Thin almost water based cream that has a slight pearl like iridescence to it. For me it was 'meh'. Moisturized ok- nothing special. The best aspect is that it's very lightweight and dissolves nicely on the eye contour. I do notice eye puffiness has decrease since I've been using it... does not make my eyes radiant though. As for it's bigger claim of hydrating... yes I do see a moisturizing factor but not overwhelmingly. Still have fine lines present. A little certainly goes along way so the price is not an issue as this lasts for some time, I do like the packaging -slanted plastic tip with a small opening that a allows small amounts of product out with minimal pressure applied. I do like this product but I don't love it. Still searching for 'the' fab eye cream that meets my needs. Overall not worth the purchase since there are better creams out there with more to offer.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect for the undereye area. Keeps my Nars Concealer from flaking and creasing all day. I can't imagine a better product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this as a sample and when i finished it i bought the full size.. its a nice under eye primer, it keeps my concealer from caking and once i set with powder it keeps it feom settling in my under eye fine lines.

on 1/24/2017 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely one of the products i dont like to be without. I also had to play around a bit with it before i figured out what works best for me. After applying a moisturizer to my eye area i let that set Then i will go in with this and honestly a little goes a long way. If you end up using too much it will actually create creases... ill lightly pat this under my eye area and let it set for a few seconds then go in with my concealer... if im having an extra ugly day of no sleep or i want to go for the no makeup look lol i will actually mix this with my concealer beforw applying and the results are great my eyes dont look as dry and crepey...... even after i set it with powder i look more awake and just..... i guess not so run down lol elf also makes one and i will use it the same way but with even less bc with elfs you seem to get shiny undereyes lol but i feel like this is a product that needs to played around with to to see how it works best for each person. When i use it the ways i descibed i really like the outcome and i can tell when im not wearing it. Oh i dont use the applicator to apply this i my ring finger. Using the applicator usually tends to use to much and then you end up creating more underyeye creases

on 2/12/2017 12:06:00 PM

Lately i noticed my under eye is dry like the sahara desert. Even with a good under eye cream the more hydrated the better besides as a big fan of cream concealer and setting powder in summer the struggle is real . this solved all my problems. Love the silicon tip, if you squeeze too much prodoct it's easy to preserve it for the next use. Thanks to this product ,my concealer fought the scorching heat of the Portuguese summer and it won!

on 12/20/2016 7:24:00 PM

I bought a mascara set frim smashbox, and got this little tube of this. (5ml) and really, i cant see a notice between this and an eyecream. Its does not brighten for me, or help creasing. Too bad, i wanted to love it! Like really, an undereye primer, sounds too good to be true, and sadly it was just that for me.