Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

3.6

on 2/16/2017 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this primer now for about 4 weeks and I have to say, it has knocked out my prior HG primer (Tarte 360 crease less) for top spot. I love that a small amount goes a long way. I apply it both under my eye and on my eyelid. I have dry eyelids but this primer not only hydrates my under eye area, so that the conceal goes on smoothly, but it also hydrates and smoothes out my eyelid so that I have less creasing and I can use shimmery shades again. It dries down clear and is easy to blend in. after it dries down I gently under my eyes prior to applying concealer to remove any excess or any that got into any lines. I then apply my concealer on top. It does prolong the wear of my concealer and it also does a good job of keeping my eyeshadow in place for the entire day, without creasing. It is very easy to find at Ulta, Sephora, online or anywhere they sell Smashbox. It is $29 USD but it seems like it will last a long time. I have very sensitive, reactive skin, which is why I wore this every day for 3 weeks before writing a review. I have had no reaction to the product at all (no swelling, irritation, nothing). So, I do really like this product and recommend it for dry or mature skin.

on 2/12/2017 12:06:00 PM

Lately i noticed my under eye is dry like the sahara desert. Even with a good under eye cream the more hydrated the better besides as a big fan of cream concealer and setting powder in summer the struggle is real . this solved all my problems. Love the silicon tip, if you squeeze too much prodoct it's easy to preserve it for the next use. Thanks to this product ,my concealer fought the scorching heat of the Portuguese summer and it won!

on 1/24/2017 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely one of the products i dont like to be without. I also had to play around a bit with it before i figured out what works best for me. After applying a moisturizer to my eye area i let that set Then i will go in with this and honestly a little goes a long way. If you end up using too much it will actually create creases... ill lightly pat this under my eye area and let it set for a few seconds then go in with my concealer... if im having an extra ugly day of no sleep or i want to go for the no makeup look lol i will actually mix this with my concealer beforw applying and the results are great my eyes dont look as dry and crepey...... even after i set it with powder i look more awake and just..... i guess not so run down lol elf also makes one and i will use it the same way but with even less bc with elfs you seem to get shiny undereyes lol but i feel like this is a product that needs to played around with to to see how it works best for each person. When i use it the ways i descibed i really like the outcome and i can tell when im not wearing it. Oh i dont use the applicator to apply this i my ring finger. Using the applicator usually tends to use to much and then you end up creating more underyeye creases

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this as a sample and when i finished it i bought the full size.. its a nice under eye primer, it keeps my concealer from caking and once i set with powder it keeps it feom settling in my under eye fine lines.

on 12/20/2016 7:24:00 PM

I bought a mascara set frim smashbox, and got this little tube of this. (5ml) and really, i cant see a notice between this and an eyecream. Its does not brighten for me, or help creasing. Too bad, i wanted to love it! Like really, an undereye primer, sounds too good to be true, and sadly it was just that for me.

on 8/14/2016 11:34:00 AM

I don't know use this product! But I feel like it's a good product if you're someone who has dry under eyes

Used it for a week, it does brighten a little and it stopped my concealer from separating still sat in my fine lines. will carry on using.

on 5/26/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I read about this product here at MUA a while back and became curious about it, in spite of the somewhat "iffy" reviews. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and here's the verdict:

The price is ridiculous - $32 Canadian for a really small tube of the stuff - 1/3 of an ounce, which isn't even 10 mls. Extortion!

The packaging - the "applicator tube" is stupid. I tried peeling off the silicone looking "over-cover", thinking it was a layer of protective packaging and, in the process, ended up accidentally causing a lot of this product to squeeze out. At $32 for less than 10 ml., I don't want to be wasting a DROP of this stuff. This applicator also makes it hard to squeeze out just the amount I want on my under-eye area. I either get not enough or too much (again, that wasting thing...) and applying with this thing is sort of dopey - I'd rather just use my finger.

BUT, having said all that, this stuff is great. I apply it over my eye cream, let it set a bit and then apply my concealer and - VIOLA - no under-eye creasing or settling at all even without using a setting powder or taking special care with how I apply my concealer. I don't know how well it hydrates and my under-eye circles are too dark for this to brighten them sufficiently but it does leave a nice surface for applying concealer. The real test will be seeing how this works with my disappointing tube of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (which I find neither radiant nor creamy) - if it helps with that, it will be (almost) worth the price!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is one of the most underrated products I've ever used. This past winter in Canada has been really cold (wherein -20°C actually felt warm), and I was having trouble with my under eye concealer looking very dry and cakey despite using butt loads of eye cream beforehand.

Ever since purchasing this, I have come to understand the true gravity of the term Holy Grail. This product somehow makes everything smooth and gives the concealer an undetectable, skin like finish. I literally cannot tell I am wearing concealer, even with a huge magnifying mirror in front of me. I find it works equally well with both solid and liquid concealers, though I prefer to use this with a solid one (Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer). Not a lot of product is needed, either, as this primer glides on and spreads easily.

I can't say whether or not this prolongs the wear of my concealer, as I don't have problems with concealer fading, but it certainly prevents it from looking thick and unnatural, which is my first priority.

I don't think it'd have a huge effect on wrinkles or fine lines, either, but it does prevent settling ever-so-slightly.

(This is the only makeup product I have that absolutely blows my mind away.)

Not bad, don't really notice a difference.