Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by age: 36-43
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.6

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

This is an excellent lightweight serum used to combat fine lines and wrinkles and to improve skin texture and clarity.

Price: I bought this, at 2 ounces for $19, on Amazon. Compared to the last AHA serum I was using (at $90 for 1oz), it's a steal.

Packaging: Air tight bottle with a pump. Perfectly adequate

Product: I have been using AHA's on my skin for a few years: Neostrata Level 2, Neostrata Level 3, Peter Thomas Roth, Drunk Elephant and Paula's Choice (I have reviews on all except the PC, which did nothing for me). I was burning through the $90 / ounce stuff too quickly, even with only 1 pump a night. This is slightly more watery than the last serum I used, but the effects are similar--apply in the evening after washing and in the morning, my skin feels smoother, clearer and brighter. 14% is a fairly high formulation of AHA, and I definitely get a slight tingle the first minute or so following application, but nothing unbearable. Definitely do not start with this if you have never used AHA's on your skin before--the Neostrata Level 2 Smoothing lotion, at 10%, is a good beginner product, I think: easy on the wallet, easy to start slow with application and results fairly quickly. I think this product is an excellent choice for those who have been around AHA's for awhile and have a hard time justifying the much higher price point of some similar products.

on 4/23/2017 10:20:00 AM

Amazing forget every other product, if you could onlyhave one product for your skin this is the one! Use night and day before moisturising and after 2 weeks my skin is gleaming! It feels plumper, more hydrated and dont need as much moisturiser, my skin tone is more even and all out breaks have cleared up. My skin looks and feels younger, this serum encourages your skin to renew its self faster and encourages collagen production. Love this hit dont forget to protect your new fresh skin with a high spf, I recommend rosay poche face mist spf 50 💋

on 2/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

I have only been using this for about 2 weeks and what a difference! I used the 10% for years with good results, along with several other AHA products. This one isn't so easy to find, finally tracked it down online for around $17.

I'm 52, and have been genetically lucky, especially considering all the sun damage I've done to my skin. However, with menopause just starting, the aging process is speeding up in a scary way. My skin has been looking pretty dull, and though I have no deep wrinkles, I think the texture of my skin is getting rougher, not as tight and smooth. I like using powder foundations and powder highlighters, and was hating the way the powders accented all the little imperfections in my skin texture. The 1% retinol product I'd been using was not doing much, and I was planning on seeing a dermatologist and seeing about getting on some prescription products....before I decided to try this!

After removing makeup and cleansing at night, I use a toner, then wait about 15 minutes until my skin is really dry. AHA's need to go on dry skin to work. You only need about a dime sized amount of this liquid gel. I spread it all over my face, avoiding the eye lids.

In two weeks of use, my skin looks much smoother, more plumped up. I am really pleased with this stuff, and until I start using Retin A, I'm sticking with this!

This is a great serum for my skin. My skin seems to really like AHA's and I has used the soufflé from this brand and loved it. So, when I saw the serum I wanted to try this. A little about my skin I had adult acne till 2012 when I found MUA from wanting to learn about retin a. I used retin a for a year and finally I was able to switch off to peels, AHA's and bha's. I had dark spots from having acne and I started treating that with 40% Alpha hydroxy peels and mandelic acid as well. Finally I got to the point where all I need is good skincare. This is where these products have come in.

I use this to upkeep my skin so to speak. This for 14% doesn't sting at all on my skin. It's like a very watery gel but a few drops go a long way. After washing I apply my gokujyun lotion, eye cream, then my serums being this and the Mizon all in one snail cream. I top off my serum with CeraVe PM and a little Embroylisse to seal it all in. My skin looks so smooth, clear, and luminous. It's even working on my stubborn milia. It has really calmed it down. I really like Alpha Hydrox products because they are no frills, tell you what's in their product, and give you the Ph.

I will definitely repurchase this as so far the Alpha Hydrox line has really worked well for me. There might be a little crystallization around the lid but that's normal. I like the packaging and how easy it is to apply. It just goes right into my skin, doesn't irritate, and has no perfumes which I appreciate. My dark spots are gone as well. It took awhile but this helps keep them from coming back. This of course with sunscreen as that's the most important thing to me that I have learned with my skincare. I also like this as an upkeep between peels. Great product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is a really amazing product and one of the very few i saw results while using it.
I only got this as my BFF in US send it to me to try after she bought quite few her self. I told her to send if she want but wasn't expecting anything and i decide to give a try as i do like trying new products but quite faithful to my routine for quite time now.
Time ago i use to read SCB all the time and the gals there advise using AHA or BHA ( depends what your skin like - mine hate BHA ) as well as Vit.C serum , A-Ret & sunscreen. Well now i use all of those and for few years on A-Ret my skin is quite good and free of wrinkles at my 37 which is amazing as i m smoker :-(.
Anyway as for AHA i used PC 8% for about 2 years and was quite happy and wasn't really looking for anything to replace it. I use AHA every other night alternatively with A-Ret.
Well i tho i m really happy with PC till i tried this product which honestly is amazing.
All those years and all this skincare products i hardly ever saw noticeable results after using one product in particular. I'll be honest with you i do not even know what AHA is exactly about but use as recommendation to the SCB but after using this for quite few weeks my skin be come VERY much lighter and clear. I do not suffer from spots or break outs but did have quite few dark spots. As i said my skin brighten up significantly while using this and i don't have visible wrinkles but quite few fine lines and i can tell those look much better as well.
I m honest in my review and really amazed by the results of this product . This is one of the products i wish i've made pictures before & after as you can see how much brighter my skin be come,
Will definitely buy again and keep using this instead of PC as i was happy with the PC as there wasn't bad reactions or anything like but cant tell i saw anything else after using it for about 2 years . So there we go very happy i found AHA that do show some results.

BTW i have quite sensitive and dry skin as of the A-Ret use for around 5/6 years now but this serum even much stronger than the PC don't bother my skin whatsoever. It can tangle a little after cleansing masque on sundays but thats all i notice .

on 11/13/2013 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been using this everyday for the last year. It is a watery serum that quickly absorbs into skin. It is at an effective pH level to be beneficial to the skin. I have combination skin and this is not enough moisture for me so I usually add a light moisturizer on top and then sunscreen. It gently exfoliates my skin and keeps my pores unclogged.

on 2/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a very effective product. It has a consistency like water. It dries very quickly, and makeup wears well over it; it does not affect makeup application. I've had no irritation/stinging, and it leaves my skin radiant after usage. I am very clog-prone and break out very easily; this has not broken me out, and it appears to have faded some of my sun spots and acne scars. I've used this for 6 months and will continue to use. I only purchase when it's on sale.

Update 9/2014: I was given MD Forte Lotion II and MD Forte Lotion III; I loooooove them! However, I will not be able to afford them when finished, so then it will be back to Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum.

Update 7/09/14: I bounced this down a lippie. I started using this again after I ran out of my MD Forte Lotion I & Lotion II. This Alpha Hydrox Serum broke me out after only 2 nights of use. Before when I was using it, I was aggressively exfoliating every morning & evening--as well as using RetinoA. As my routine has changed to a gentler, less aggressive approach, the propyl glycol broke me out (as it usually does). Also, this product stings much more than the MD Forte did, even with the Facial Lotion II, which is 20%). My oily, hyper-allergic skin responded so well to the MD Forte Facial Lotions that switching back to this didn't work out. This serum, while a nice consistency, left my face with an oily sheen, and exacerbated my oil production; most products do that to me, so I didn't think anything of it. However, the MD Forte Facial Lotions actually reduced my oil production, dried matte, and made such a visible/noticeable difference that I realized that I didn't HAVE to stay with products that did perform as well. Sadly, the MD Forte Facial Lotions have been discontinued. (Am always the last to find out.) I found an e-store that still had some, and stocked up. While I wouldn't buy the Alpha Hydrox Serum again, it is an excellent product--it just doesn't work as well with my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The intensive serum is what I consider to be the BEST product that Alpha Hydrox makes. It sinks into my skin effortlessly, it doesn't have any odor to it, and it doesn't break me out at all. And, it it is absolutely to use boost one's facial clarity, better even out one's skin tone, suberbly provide one's face with a smoother and more taut look than without.

This is one product that's worthy to be praised!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason why i no longer regularly use this product, is because i currently see a dermatologist, and i get monthly professional facial peels done there. However, if you are someone that does not see a dermatologist and is looking for a product that will really make a difference with your skin, i highly recommend giving this product a try.