3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 months ago

By Terry Sheer Foundation is made more for dry, mature skin. I have oily skin. It looks great at first but oxidizes over time and looks orangey on me afterwards. It’s good for another skin type. Really does deflect the light to distract from wrinkles.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

**EDIT: I notice there are some negative reviews on this listing (there is another one for this foundation) which can be attributed to the reformulated version of Cover Expert, the sister product, for which there's no Makeupalley listing. I think people are confusing them. The reformulation of Cover Expert, which added SPF, was a hot mess. This foundation is--was--perfection. Sigh** By Terry have, tragically, discontinued this, my GOAT base. It was everything I could have ever wanted: sheer but blurring, insanely glowy with no sparkle, smoothing, faded gracefully throughout the day without ever caking or settling into fine lines or pores. Detractors may have said it was too heavily perfumed: true, but my skin tolerated it and so I forgave it its excesses on that front. I have no idea why the brand have done this though I have noticed that they don't promote it and they reformulated its sister, Cover Expert, about a year ago with disastrous results. I suspect the formulations and effect were too similar to the MUCH more expensive Densiliss, and they decided to remove these from circulation to boost their profit margins (as if £45 was too cheap in the first place--I'm sorry, I'm not paying £80 for Densiliss, I don't care how good it is). You might be able to tell I'm raging about this! Hit me up with any dupes you've found, meanwhile I'm going to quietly mourn my loss.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This stuff makes my skin look fantastic! And it doesn’t make it break out. It is expensive, but looks great and is cruelty free, so I will keep using it. A little goes a long way which is good.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

This has the same coverage and texture as Chantecaille's JUST SKIN so I would not buy this again; I would just buy Chantecaille. This offers very little coverage, much less than Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer but of course you can add more layers. It does make skin look fresh. I bought in 3--too orange--and 7 which is a good match for my NC 20 skin tone. My tube has no scent so has the product changed? It is good for my dry skin that I am suffering through during the winter months and has not irritated my rosacea. I definitely need a concealer with this because this offers very sheer coverage but sometimes that's what I want. I spend a boatload on skincare so I want to see how well that's going if you know what I mean. I really like the tube.

About reviewer (1591 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

So after using this product my "love" fo By terry is going down. Luckelly this foundation is not so expensive like Densiliss that's why my disappointment is smaller but from the aother side effect is really worst than Densiliss. What I dont like: -package-normal tube for so much money-why no pomp? -colours -many colours but for who? No 7 too light -next number too dark -BT Cover oxidised! after few hours No 8 is going to orange tones! -flawless face-yes sure!! but only 3 hours later you will get dry and old looking skin. Horrible matt -smell-the most intensive from all BT product and there is too much parfume in it -price -for so quality -overpriced -Causes imperfection No this is not the same product I have seen on Youtube :(

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I bought this foundation because of the great reviews from all of my fave beauty bloggers. For reference I am NC25-NC30 and I got the shade Vanilla Beige #7. I have combo skin (oily nose and chin, dry forehead and cheeks). I do not have acne however my skin is sensitive and a lot of products cause me to break out. This foundation IS NOT full coverage. It can be built up to medium coverage but that took me a ton of layers to do. It is best applied with a beauty blender. I tried with and without a primer and the finish was the same either way. Wait for each layer to dry before applying the next layer to avoid the cake face look. Pros: Long lasting. Color match was spot on. Looks better with wear (it looked more natural after a couple of hours but not overly dewy). Did not sit in my pores. Looked natural when applied correct. Cons: Light to medium coverage (I prefer a more medium coverage). Caused me to breakout. Super expensive for what it is (paid $66.00) You have to use a lot of product to get light-medium coverage. It is really hard to find foundations that match my skin perfect because of my yellow undertone. Even though it matched perfect sadly I returned this and would not buy it again. It caused me to break out horribly and caused my skin to dry out. This foundation would be ok for oily skin that is not break out prone and for people who prefer a light-medium coverage. For the price I think you can buy a better product though.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

3 years ago

After watching Ruth Crilly's video using it i decided it was time to give it a go. I absolutely hated it. The name is very deceiving! The coverage was light-medium. Very thin foundation. The colour selection wasn't great. I found it very drying on my already dry skin and I found it accentuated dry patches. Very overpriced- not for me at all. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

from

4 years ago

This is fast becoming my most used foundation when I need something to stay put. I work in a fast paced retail environment and I can trust this to stay on my face all day with no need for touch ups. (I do prime and powder). It gives a really nice medium coverage that makes me look almost flawless and settles into a nice 'glow' a few hours after wearing it (I have normal/combo skin). Overall, highly recommend.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Oh my word...the first time I applied this I thought I had exchanged faces for someone with perfect skin, it photographs amazingly and has a perfect texture. Except, the sample I received was without the sunscreen and reformulation, and I thought after reading reviews, wait get another with the change before purchasing a high end foundation. Well let's just say heavy, unflattering, sinks into pores, difficult to apply, and the colour is just...off. By Terry just stay with what works please, I used the original sample for a wedding and I was amazed, now I'm just sad...

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

4 years ago

I absolutely love this foundation. Love the texture - it applies smoothly and dries matte, but with a dewy finish. I know I'm contradicting myself here, but that's true. This gives you an airbrushed look, and this really gives me a good skin day. The coverage is medium to full, perfectly buildable without caking up. The key is to apply in thin layers, leaving each layer to set into the skin first before reapplying. I have shades 02 (neutral) and 03 (light, but with a yellow undertone) as my skin is very prone to redness but shade 03 can sometimes be tad too sallow on me when worn alone. I add just a tiny squeeze of 02 to balance out the yellow in 03 and hello, perfect skin! Im lighter than MAC's NC15 and this lasts all day without sliding off my face in humid weather, with a setting powder, of course! One of my HG foundations I am never without, as this just gives out a beautiful finish everytime.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29