Australis Eyeshadow Primer

Australis Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

on 8/17/2016 7:58:00 AM

Whoa! Okay I like this.

I usually use the NARS eye primer, which is quite expensive. I ran out the other week and decided to try the Australis eye primer to tie me over, and boy it was fantastic. Actually so good that I haven't bought another NARS primer. Sorry NARS!

This primer goes on very smoothly and doesn't irritate the eyes. My shadows come out lovely and stay on the entire day. And the best part? This primer is ridiculously cheap.

Love it.

on 4/20/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG eyeshadow primer!!!!!!! My eyeshadows will last all day over this product, and its also great for the undereye to prep for concealer. Its lasted me like 6-7 months. The packaging is a nuisance, as in the seal prevents more product use, however I've found that if you remove the seal/cap, Voila! Theres all this additional product still in the tube. The doefoot applicator makes of fool-proof in terms of application :) highly recommend

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/11/2014 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Lost some points for the applicator and bottle. It's almost impossible to get it out of the bottle once you have used a bit. I always end up applying it with my finger too. Other than that I find this product to be amazing! I'm always losing my eyeshadow to sweaty eye lids but at the end if a hot day I find that my eyeshadow is next to perfect when I use this primer. It's affordable and works so I will buy it again despite the packaging.

on 12/11/2013 4:18:00 AM

Lucky this was cheap seeing as you're only getting half of what you pay for with this silly bottle !!!

on 12/2/2013 5:53:00 AM

Cool!it works! Last the eyeshadow longer and let it more pigmented, price so cheap~The packing is so so, overall, with the nice price, it is really worth it! Will purchase again!

on 12/2/2013 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For me, this is a take it or leave it product. Actually, I'll be leaving it once I use it up. It's translucent and spreads evenly, but the package is ridiculous (why would I bother to wiggle the sponge wand around for hours to get the product once it's half-way used up?) and the product is fairly, "Meh".

It does the trick in as much as it creates a smooth surface and prevents creasing, but it does a mediocre job of keeping the colour true throughout the day. I consider it false economy to pay $12 for something you can only use half of before you don't have the time to fuss around with trying to scoop out when you can buy a tube of Too Faced for double the price, have a better product and more than 4 times as much use out of (right down to the last drop).

I've only found it useful as a primer for my MAC paint pot bases which need a bit of slip to blend well and really ensure that you have solid base for your eyeshadow and liner for the day (or night). Ultimately, like most Australis products, it just doesn't quite cut it. If you've tried swathes of primers over the years, as I have, you'd be better off not bothering with this one. The only saving grace was that it didn't cost as much as NARS Pro to find out it wasn't worth the bother.

on 11/29/2013 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product as a cheap alternative to the urban decay eye primers, and am very happy with the results given it's price. It goes on easily and is quite silky, and soaks in within a few minutes. I have oily eyelids and this product prevents them from creasing within 4-5 hours of application. It also helps retain the vibrancy of the eye shadow colours.

on 8/10/2013 12:45:00 AM

I have extremely oily eyelids and this will last me around 4-5 hours and then it will begin to crease but I only use this to control oil so I can wipe away without ruining shadow or anything. very good price, and I have a magical tip, pop out the little silicone cap at the top of the tube (i used tweezers) when you think you have none left and bam you have so much product left!

on 7/23/2013 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Do not waste your money. Overpriced and poor quality. Gave me a rash, which took days to go away. Company has very poor customer service, they ignore you if you have a problem with any of their products. Most Australis products are very cheaply made in south east Asia.

This lasted for about 6 hours without creasing, but after that sixth hour boy did it crease and crease bad. The first 6. Hours though it did last well and really bring out the pigments of the eyeshadow colors, to bad it just can't last the whole day.