Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic

No Image

4.1

Key Ingredients: Ferulic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Sodium hyaluronate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this SkinCeuticals Ferulic with Vitamin 1 but then I changed to Timeless, which is similar and cheaper. I didn't see any effective results, and Skinceuticals is very expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used Paula's Choice C15 Booster since 2013 and did pretty well with it. I wouldn't have strayed except the price kept creeping up (and discounts less and less). With our falling Canadian dollars, $48 USD for 20ml is looking very expensive indeed.

(I was given Skinceuticals CE Ferulic sample which I was quite okay with also, except for the $166 CAD price tag for a full size. No thanks.)

Finally I gave in and bought CSS' version for about $40 USD for 30ml. It arrived in just over a week, carefully packaged and serum totally clear. I put some in an empty PC sample vial and keep the big bottle (in box) in the back of the fridge. I've refilled the sample vial a few times now - the serum remains clear and there's still a lot left.

So how does this knock-off version compare to Skinceuticals and PC?

Smell: much lighter than Skinceuticals, which does have a hot dog-like scent. The smell doesn't linger I find. I never found PC version has much of a smell to begin with.

Feel: definitely more tacky than PC, but a touch less than Skinceuticals. After 15 minutes of so the tackiness goes away (don't over-apply).

Effect: this may be all in my head but I think CSS version is the most efficacious for my skin - it feels firmer, smoother and appears the most even-toned while using this.

My verdict? I will buy this again. $40 USD/$55 CAD is still not cheap but at least this is 10ml more than PC for less of a hit on my wallet.

on 4/6/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin (Asian): combo (drier in winter months and as I get older, less and less oily in t-zone). Sun damage on cheeks and prone to redness/discoloration around t-zone area (primarily due to mis-doing a peel at home); a few fine lines beginning to form around inner corner of eyes. Can no longer get away with sleeping in makeup and when i don't take care of my skin, it can look crepey...

Packaging: dark brown, glass bottle w/ dropper

Texture: thin, runny, barely yellow, clear liquid that smells like hot dogs (identical in texture, color and smell to Skinceuticals')

Usage: applied once in AM (about 4-6 drops) > let absorb for a minute or less > apply sunscreen (Allie Extra UV Long Keep Gel SPF 50 PA++++). My first bottle, I applied both morning and night; currently with this second bottle, I've just been applying in the morning but i may up to twice a day again for better results.

Effect: I had first tried CSS' C+E Ferulic serum which brightened up my skin and gave the skin texture a more youthful, firm look. I then ordered CSS' Vit C 20% AOX which allowed me to maintain the brightness, improved skin texture and tone; however, the serum didn't improve my skin any further. I finished the bottle and am now back to using the C+E Ferulic which seems to work better for me.

Price: waaaaaay cheaper than Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (which I tried years ago) and definitely just as effective so worth at least a try imho.

Bottom Line: effective, affordable, and I've already repurchased...

on 8/26/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this after using it two weeks. I apply it in the am after toner and then put my SPF overtop. I have very sensitive reactive rosacean skin and I'm shocked that this has not led to any irritation at all! My skin feels smooth and the dark spots left from previous breakouts are visibly lightening. I really like this product! The only down side is that it makes my face shiny - not oily or slick shiny, but a dry shiny. Also my product looks like pure water. The previous reviewer who said they got one that was orange - that means the product isn't fresh.

-edit- I stopped using this, as it started irritating my skin and causing whiteheads. Blah.
2nd edit- I started using this again and it was fine. But it turned orange before I finished half the bottle!

on 9/21/2012 12:52:00 PM

I decided to try CE Ferulic serum after an extensive research and reviews by various bloggers. CE Ferulic is said to protect from photo aging and possibly address age and brown spots, and hyperpigmentation. It is a light yellow watery serum that sinks into a face fast. It has not got any offensive lingering smells. It made my face slightly shiny and sticky. My face looked all right. I did not have any bumps or breakouts and did not notice any significant lightening. However, this product gave my skin an yellowish-orange tint. This is the reason I give a lower rating. I wonder whether or not anyone else has something similar.

on 11/10/2011 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is simply an awesome product. I've used the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic many times, ordered from different sources... and it's always oxidized! Whether it's light yellow or deep yellow in color or whether it smells slightly of hotdogs or strongly, I have never found a fresh Skinceuticals CE Ferulic from any where... and that's after spending close to $140! I love the CSS version. First, it's the same exact formulation. Second, nothing I've received from them ever looked or smelled like it's oxidized. Third, the shipping is free, making it even more cost effective... and they ship super fast! Wonderful product. (As an aside, I've also used the CSS AOX 20, also seems to be an exact dupe of the Skinceuticals version).

on 5/22/2011 8:52:00 AM

I've used Skinceuticals C E Ferulic many, many times and they have ALL suffered some degree of oxidation (even after being assured by a Harrod's SA that the batch was fresh in). This serum should be as clear as water- any colour change is oxidation and dangerous to apply to the skin. So, after paying £124 for 30 ml I have always ended up throwing them out. Enter the CSS version. Not only is it so much cheaper (I paid around 45 pounds for 30 ml and delivery from America), but it was, as it should be, CLEAR AS WATER. This will be the only antioxidant serum I will use indefinitely. I use a sunscreen containing Mexoryl SX/XL everyday too. A rare HG for me.

Update: I just received my second bottle of this- clear as water again- yay! :)

Popular Face Skincare Products