3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

from

a month ago

It's a really nice serum that doesn't feel too tacky, but I need to put something moisturising on top. My skin responds well to vit c, I have less breakouts. I can't say I've noticed less scar pigmentation, but my skin seems less break out prone when using this and smoother An estethician told me to use this during the day to fight free radicals and wear a good sunscreen on top. Works well, could be cheaper and higher percentage of vit c. The whole brand looks like a good buy to me.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 months ago

I added this to my morning routine 3 weeks ago, haven't added or changed anything else. Nothing happened at first, but this week I noticed that my skin is a lot less red and more even toned. I tried vitamin c in the past, but they always left a weird sticky film on my skin or was irritating. This absorbed nicely and didn't irritate my skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

9 months ago

This is a great Vitamin C Serum. Sinks into skin, does not leave a sticky residue, and is certified cruelty-free and vegan. There are no parabens, synthetic fragrance, or dyes in Mad Hippie products. I’ve tried a few other Vitamin C products that left a gritty or sticky residue behind or did not appear to do much to lighten dark spots or brighten the skin. Mad Hippie is by and far my favorite Vitamin C serum. I’m not sure you can actually see results from using this but it is supposed to help protect your skin from free radicals, provide antioxidants for your skin, etc. I kind of take it on blind faith that this is making a difference in my skin but I don’t know if it is for sure. Kind of like when you renovate a house, you can’t see the insulation, electrical, or plumbing, but it’s necessary to take care of the foundational things otherwise the cosmetics like paint and window coverings will do precious little to hide any underlying problems. Probably why I invest way more in skin care than I do in makeup. Is it worth repurchasing? Yeah, I think so.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

10 months ago

I ordered Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum, after reading tons of reviews on it. Had always read that a Vitamin C serum is very important in a beauty routine. Never having tried one myself (aside from natural sources of Vit C like Rosehip Seed oil), I was a little concerned about breaking out. I also didn't want to spend a bunch of money on something that might not work. Naturally, you are taking that gamble with anything you try ... but reading up on the ingredients and knowing what your skin is sensitive to makes a big difference. My skin isn't particularly sensitive (it handles retinol like it a champ) but it is oily and acne prone. It's been about a week since I've started using this. It only takes about half a dropper to cover your whole face and neck. I like the texture of this. At first it's a little sticky, but it absorbs very quickly. It leaves my skin glowing and brightened. I'm not sure if it's this or the retinol product I'm using at night, but I've noticed my pores have shrunk. It seems to help control oil, too. Which never hurts. I combine this with a drop of Acure Seriously Glowing Serum and a drop of Organic Aloe Vera. Makes my skin glow. The dropper is a nice touch for Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum. It allows you to control how much you use, insuring that you don't waste any. I think everyone can appreciate that. I have a feeling this little bottle is going to last a really long time. Overall, I give this product a 4/5. The price is right. It's one of the least expensive Vitamin C serums on the market. The ingredient list is great. Looking at it, makes me happy I've found something with scientifically proven ingredients :). Thoughts: Oily/combo/ acne prone? This will probably work for you. I've been using Roc Retinol Deep Wrinkle cream at night to aid in anti aging and this during the day to pamper my new skin cells :) My skin has seriously never looked better. I used to get lots of hormonal acne on my jawline and cheeks that would never heal. Not anymore. It's gone now! Worth a try! Both are very affordable. 4/13/19 It's been a little over a month since I started using Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum. This has become an everyday part of my beauty regime. I love it! It really brightens my skin. I've already bought another bottle :) and using this product alongside the Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist gives MH Vitamin C Serum a serious boost. I'm very impressed.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

a year ago

I just bought this because it was on sale at ulta and heard great things. I’ve used it twice now and regardless of if it works great or not, it pills up on my skin when I put moisturizer on top of it (even waiting 15 min to let it fully absorb)... if I can’t wear this under moisturizer or makeup, then it’s not something I want in my skincare routine.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

1.0

a year ago

Broke out in what felt like every single pore on my face for weeks. Not purging. Maybe an allergy, but I'm not sure to what. Never again.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

After finishing off CEO sample and not wanting to shell out 85 dollars on a vitamin c serum, I started looking for a more affordable replacement. I found this gem on amazon for 19 dollars and 2 day shipping. It works great, and I can’t tell the difference between it and the CEO cream. I would recommend it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

This has replaced my prior Vitamin C AM serum. I do add 1 scoop of Vitamin C powder to this serum as a booster. I am very pleased with how my complexion appear brighter. Any resolving hyperpigmentation from acne fades very quickly. Not greasy and absorbs very quickly. Price point is very reasonable, and easy to get at ULTA.com. Works well under my moisturizers/spf , primer and makeup. Highly recommended if you want to start with a nice Vitamin C serum.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I've heard a lot of hype about Mad Hippie and their Vitamin C Serum in particular. After ordering it I was ready to be either pleasantly surprised or highly disappointed. When I first used it I noticed it does have a scent to it, but it does dissipate quite quickly. They included chamomile, which is where I suspect a lot of the fragrance comes from, and that isn't a bad thing since chamomile is very good for your skin. They did include grapefruit extract, which I am not a fan of, but other than that there is no other fragrance ingredients. The Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum absorbs quickly and plays nicely with the products I apply before and after it. I love the price of this and the vitamin c has helped to lighten pigmentation. My one recommendation is that if you use this during the daytime be sure to apply SPF afterwards because of the grapefruit. I would purchase this product again and am looking forward to trying more from the Mad Hippie brand in the future. My video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/opsNHA7FtEU"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/opsNHA7FtEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I've been stepping up my skin care since I've been getting older. I realized I never had a good Vitamin C serum so when I saw this and the ingredients and I was like yes, I need this. So I've been using this for quite a while and I really like it. I have redness, large pores, and my skin is combo more oily than dry. This really brightened my skin after the 1st day of use my skin looked brighter. Now that I've been using this my pores are smaller and my skin is less oily. This also leaves my skin so smooth! I think its glowing too. It smells really good but not overpowering. My skin is also sensitive and it doesn't irritate it at all. I read this has 10-20% of vitamin C. I add this into their moisturizer and just pat it in. My skin feels so good! I think this is quite inexpensive considering the ingredients. Though I do wish they made a bigger bottle. This make my skin look so clean and clear. Plus my pores are way smaller which is what I really wanted from this serum. I also think my fine lines look better more plump. So I'm super happy with this and its a repurchase for sure.

About reviewer (912 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool