St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

on 7/4/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this moisturizer. I read so many positive reviews from top beauty bloggers/websites so I didn't think I would be unsatisfied. it is a never ending supply sized container of it for $7, which right away I was happy about the value. the lid screws off to a large opening that I can stick my whole hand in which isn't practical for moisturizer. I use such a small amount I prefer a squeeze style, pump style or thicker consistency so I can pick enough up with my finger to dab around my face to blend. this consistency is kinda of thin and hard to pick up a smaller amount. I thought the lotion felt watery when applied. it didn't leave me feeling moisturized and hydrated. once I applied it, it absorb really quickly but felt so thin and watery that it wasn't satisfying to me. I also didn't feel it had any of the positive benefits to my skin that should of occurred from collagen and elastin. it didn't lock in for the day either. I saw my skin drying out as the day went on. I'm not sure what people found so impressive about this. I didn't find anything about it satisfying and I used it long enough to know it wasn't helping my skin at all and thank goodness for fair exchange policies. I was able to get a moisturizer I like instead.

on 3/14/2018 10:22:00 PM

This is the only moisturizer I've found that sinks in and moisturizes my skin. So many others either sit on the surface as a greasy film or sink in don't change the skin. My skin is hydrated, not greasy, and healthy with this. I really wish it came in a squeeze tube, but I won't be without this regardless of packaging. Winter or summer, it just works for my skin.

on 2/15/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE -
THIS WAS MY HOLY GRAIL .. UNTIL ...
Last summer whenever I went in the sun without foundation or sunscreen my face started getting a crazy reaction, like red bumps that would turn into white pustules and itchy and burn... I didn't know what was causing it and then winter came and I forgot, then I went to Thailand, and same thing happened once I got back in the sun without make up (was still using this though HG right).. so I hid my face on this trip not knowing what caused the sensitivity. Summer hits and now i'm annoyed what is going on with my face, it couldn't be this lotion... WELL I started using a body oil spray with lavender oil and fragrance and then my body started getting really itchy and red but only in the sun, again I didn't put two and two together until I stopped using that body oil the sun irritation stopped, then I thought, maybe it's my face lotion causing the reaction from the sun and well sure enough I stopped using this lotion the last month of summer and didn't get any reactions from the sun. So if St. Ives could remove the fragrance and lavender from this that would be GREAT. How ironic is it that in my original review I complained about the scent, I know they say fragrance can cause sensitivity etc. but I didn't realize it would take years and the summer sun to cause it!

I don't know how I haven't written a review for this yet - I've been using it for probably 3 years and have repurchased more times than I can count. If they discontinued it ever I would actually cry. This is the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I have oily, acne prone 29 year old skin. It doesn't interfere with my make up application either. I use it morning and night. I could do without the smell, but I put up with it. The one I get in Canada comes in a tube and it ranges in price from 4$-8$.

Used it when i was younger and it worked great so i thought id try it again because its so cheap and last a long time and being a mother of three i do all i can to save money, but i dont feel like its moisturizing as well on my older skin, i had to add a little olive oil to it and im not sure about its effectiveness on fine lines and wrinkles, ive only used it a week. my skin is sensitive and I've developed some redness and irritation but it could be from over exfoliation so im gonna use it a bit longer and do another review

on 2/8/2017 12:24:00 PM

I have been using the same container of this for 6 months now! I can now be positive this moisturizer works very well for my face. Of course I was skeptical given the price and how much product there was (packaging looks more like a body moisturizer) but because of good MUA reviews, I gave this a shot. I was using Clinique DD gel moisturizer before but began to notice my skin needed more moisture. A few weeks after I started using this I noticed my skin was a actually clearing up! I have minor acne issues around my jawline. I looked up the ingredients and none of them are ranked high on comedogenicity (website I checked is http://skinsalvationsf.com/comedogenic/ ). There are a few ingredients that aren't not listed but I checked other sites for the ingredients and they were also ranked low.

Bottom line:
Moisturizing but not overly. Sinks into skin well and great under makeup.
Doesn't break me out.
I like the packaging because you can get every last bit of it.
Smells very pleasant and fresh.
It is around 5-6$ and will last for a VERY long time. I have been using for six months and still have 1/2 the jar left. This could last you a year!!

Will continue to repurchase! :)

on 2/7/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a fit of nostalgia. I used this all through high school, when I could pretty much use anything on my skin as long as it was cleaned and moisturized at the end of the day. I love the smell, and the texture, and the feel of this cream. Unfortunately, I can no longer use this on my face without it clogging my skin pretty thoroughly. It's no big deal since it's cheap and I can just use it up on my body and it's kind of great for that.

on 4/26/2016 3:29:00 PM

I really wish that I liked this, but sadly it broke me out like crazy.

This had a real nice clean scent, and really did a great job of moisturizing my combination skin, but within a week of using it I broke out like crazy! It also did make my skin very oily too but since I only used it at night it wasn't really a problem.

I would like to note that I have pretty sensitive skin, and heavy products (like heavy creams or foundations etc.) do tend to break me out. So just be warned if you have this problem too.

on 4/24/2016 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product, but I must say that I do not like it all. I use the St. Ives green tea scrub (which I absolutely love), so I had high hopes for this product. However, I saw right away that it made me breakout with a hug cyst on my cheek, and this was at a time when I didn't have acne. I completely stopped using it, and opted for another moisturizer.

My boyfriend and I both love this moisturizer. Can be used as a day or night cream, I mostly use it at night and opt for something with SPF during the day. With the right exfoliant and skincare routine, this will make your skin so soft. HG for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this because the ingredients and reviews were promising. I've been having troublesome skin lately really prone to breakouts. It calmed down a bit when i first starting using it. Then, after a week, my forehead and cheeks broke out in painful red bumps that just got worse with each use of this moisturizer. I figured it wouldn't break me out because it is labeled as non-comedogenic. It didn't get rid of the dryness either, which is minimal because i have oily skin. Kind of a let down because i love the smell and texture of this. Well, i stopped using it and my forehead acne has gone down.