St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A very basic moisturizer that's gentle and soothing. It does have some fragrance, but that hasn't been a problem for me, even when my skin is at its most sensitive. In fact, that's when I reach for this. My skin is naturally dry and redness prone, and this is my go-to moisturizer when my skin is irritated. Most of the time I'm looking for a moisturizer with antioxidants and more beneficial ingredients, but sometimes basic is best. Absorbs quickly, softening, good under makeup, and dirt cheap.

I have been faithful to Olay's Regenerist line, and I saw that this has had decent reviews. I was looking for a single product to keep in my to-go bag to sub out my routine of serums and creams while traveling between shifts, and because I didn't want to shell out all of the money for another set. This is definitely a affordable light moisturizer. I wish it were a little thicker and in a pump rather than a tub. While I don't think that it has the same impact on fine lines and the firmness of my skin as Olay, this stuff makes my skin feel super soft and makeup goes on beautifully. After dermaplaning, I would typically use my normal routine of serums and creams, but would always break out the first couple of days. This past time, I decided to try this product instead, and I haven't had even the slightest bit of redness or irritation. It is super inexpensive compared to my other facial products, so I will continue to purchase. I also use it on the rest of my body. :)

on 2/8/2017 12:24:00 PM

I have been using the same container of this for 6 months now! I can now be positive this moisturizer works very well for my face. Of course I was skeptical given the price and how much product there was (packaging looks more like a body moisturizer) but because of good MUA reviews, I gave this a shot. I was using Clinique DD gel moisturizer before but began to notice my skin needed more moisture. A few weeks after I started using this I noticed my skin was a actually clearing up! I have minor acne issues around my jawline. I looked up the ingredients and none of them are ranked high on comedogenicity (website I checked is http://skinsalvationsf.com/comedogenic/ ). There are a few ingredients that aren't not listed but I checked other sites for the ingredients and they were also ranked low.

Bottom line:
Moisturizing but not overly. Sinks into skin well and great under makeup.
Doesn't break me out.
I like the packaging because you can get every last bit of it.
Smells very pleasant and fresh.
It is around 5-6$ and will last for a VERY long time. I have been using for six months and still have 1/2 the jar left. This could last you a year!!

Will continue to repurchase! :)

on 2/7/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in a fit of nostalgia. I used this all through high school, when I could pretty much use anything on my skin as long as it was cleaned and moisturized at the end of the day. I love the smell, and the texture, and the feel of this cream. Unfortunately, I can no longer use this on my face without it clogging my skin pretty thoroughly. It's no big deal since it's cheap and I can just use it up on my body and it's kind of great for that.

on 1/14/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great moisturizer for a cheap price. Not sure if it will help with fine lines or wrinkles as I don't have any yet but looking at the ingredients, it doesn't really seem to be a powerful anti aging cream. However , I'm pleased as a overall moisturizer. Doesn't break me out even though I have acne prone skin. It's not too oily or too heavy. I m not sure if it's heavy enough for someone with very dry skin but it suits my combination oily skin.
What I don't like is jar packaging and having to dip my fingers in it every time I use it. So unhygienic. I hope they change the packaging to a bottle or tube.

on 1/6/2017 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin dries out because of the acne treatments I use. At night I have been using this lotion in combination with jojoba oil. This moisturizer has a nice thick consistency that absorbs quickly into the skin and feels really cooling. It works well for my skin but isn't curing my dry patches. It does have a light scent but isn't off putting and doesn't linger on the skin. It didn't cause any breakouts which is a plus. I like to use this under my makeup as well since it dries quickly but leaves my face feeling moisturized. The packaging could use some work since I feel it's unsanitary always dipping my fingers into the jar. You get a lot of product for the price (around $5). Overall, this is a nice moisturizer and I would recommend it for anyone with dry skin.

I love this cream. it works to leave my skin dewy and moisturized and it is cheap ! A little goes a long way and the jar lasts forever. I mix a little serum with it and use it as a mask, I use it as a cleanser in the morning, I use it as a moisturizer.
I also use it on my chest in the morning. . it is just a great all round cream. it is simple, efficient and affordable. I recommend this.

on 8/15/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This lotion was simply not moisturizing enough for me. I had to put two layers on ny face to make my skin not feel tight. And it didn't do anything at all to soften my laugh lines like heavier moisturizers do. It feels more like a gel-like consistency and cool on skin which is the only thing I liked about it. Also the tub is very large and lasts a long time. I had to use it up as a body lotion. I also enjoyed the smell at first, I thought it smelled like fresh leaves. But then the smell started to resemble roach killer spray to me. It never bothered my skin, but I did still itch because it wasn't moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It will probably be good for someone with oily skin but it was a miss for me.

A friend of mine gave this too me as her skin is oily,and it was too heavy for her. My skin is combination with dry patches on my cheeks, and I only get breakouts around that time of the month. It's a decent moisturizer. I prefer to use it at night, cause it is a bit greasy, which makes my makeup slide around. My skin feels a little firmer with consistent usage. Once I finish up the tub, I might consider repurchasing, but I've had this cream for a month, and have barely made a dent, so who knows when that will be...

This is one fantastic moisturizer. It's medium textured formula - Not too heavy, not too light is perfect for individuals with normal,normal to dry or dry skin. It works by making your complexion well hydrated and smoother. It can also be used as an all over moisturizer as well.
Retails for 3.99-6.99 at most major retailers.
Highly recommended.