no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Left my long fine hair soft,shiny and detangled. It has a light pleasant citrus scent,and lathers up nicely. I got a small 50ml tube,will definitely be repurchasing in a bigger size. No animal ingredients,not tested on animals.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesOther

4 years ago

On my third bottle. Absolutely love this. I have very oily hair and this keeps its feeling clean. I only use conditioner on the ends. Its the kind of shampoo that leaves no residue and gives hair a shine.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

terrible! The shampoo stinks! The conditioner as well and the oil is just as bad!! After my girlfriend opened the bathroom door, I was under the impression she has been experimenting with illegal chemicals (she must have watched too much breaking bad or something, cooking meth under the shower) the smell is obnoxious! I have not noticed any difference in the hair, she still has it, so it must not be all that bad when it comes to hair cleaning, but if they can do something about the way the shampoo smells, that would be nice... dear God what a stench!! like expired medicine combined with vinegar

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

5 years ago

Used a big tube and a trial tube up. Gorgeous smell and good packaging. At £8 for 200 ml it's reasonably priced. It's sulphate free and unlike a lot of sulfate free shampoos, it is capable of foaming nicely and thoroughly cleaning hair. I have really greasy hair that must be washed every other day, even that is pushing it. It cleans well, and hair regreased at a normal rate. I had zero scalp itching using this, and often less fallout in the shower. However, it didn't leave my hair as glossy, flyaway-free or volumised as my beloved Philip Kingsley, so l can't justify sticking with it. Used in conjunction with the matching oily hair conditioner my hair quickly got lank with itchy spots on my scalp.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I look forward to washing my hair knowing I get to use this in the shower. Compared to some natural shampoos this had a really nice fragrance, like my shower was filled with essential oils. One thing that impressed me was the lather as I wasn't expecting it to be so creamy but it was. You need only a blob about the size of a 10p coin, which works great on my shoulder length hair. I suffer with dry scalp, especially in the winter, and although this doesn't get rid of the flakes (i'm still searching for something that will) it does make my hair and scalp feel clean and soft, and not itchy either. I think the price is actually quite reasonable, as you don't need as much for a good wash, and the 200ml bottle barely feels like I've made a dent in it and I've had it a few weeks and I frequently wash my hair. So a little goes a long way. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I got a sample packet of this with one of my orders and thought it was good enough to purchase the full size. I have curly dry hair so i try to avoid SLS and silicones etc and generally these products come at a cost, in comparison to more basic shampoos. Currently sells for £8.50 for 200ml which is expensive - you can get similar products for less. I still like this product and have found you have to use it consistently to get results. It does a good job of cleaning my hair without drying it out. It also doesn't cause a reaction to the skin on my body or face which some cheaper products do. Now the only thing I dislike is the fragrance - very sweet and sickly. If it was more subtle I wouldn't mind but some mornings (during this pregnancy) it has been a bit too much. I would repurchase but due to the cost and impending birth it won't be soon.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I really like this shampoo, it's moisturising and doesn't strip hair at all. Considering it has no artificial foaming agents a little lathers up well. It is thick for a shampoo and will last a long time. To the reviewer below who was so concerned about sodium chloride - that's just salt - won't harm your hair in the minimal quantities in this product!

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

from

8 years ago

This is my favourite SLS/SLES-free shampoo and I have repurchased it numerous times. My husband has dry scalp issues and whilst this does not cure the flakies, it is much better than other shampoos at not aggravating it (we use various oils massaged into his scalp for that). I wanted to share how I use it because before I was told this, I thought it was pretty mediocre. The incredibly lovely sales assistant at the Liz Earle store (some of the nicest SAs in London there!) explained to me that you need to double wash with this. I use about three to four pea-sized dollops to massage this into my scalp. I used to have extremely long hair and that was enough because I never really suds up the lengths of my hair with shampoo - only the scalp. Once you've done the first wash and rinsed the shampoo out, do it again with about the same amount of shampoo. This second wash will lather a lot more and feel more satisfying, if you're after the sudsy experience that shampoos with SLS/SLES give (although it really doesn't lather nearly as much as the SLS/SLES shampoos). If you struggle with tangled hair, I would tackle that with conditioner, rather than trying to use the shampoo to work through the tangles. I find this shampoo is very good for my scalp - it is not drying and so I do not struggle with my scalp getting oily soon after a wash. It smells delicious and fresh and because I use much less of this than I used to use with SLS/SLES shampoos, that helps mitigate the cost a bit. The price is my only complaint because it's hard to stomach a £8 shampoo! However, until I find something better, I'll be going back for more.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

9 years ago

A friend recommended this product to me as my hair is really damaged and it has natural ingredients so lessens the damage when washing! However it hasn't worked for me. The smell is like essential oils, it's not bad but I don't love it. More importantly though, when I wash my hair with this shampoo it just builds up and makes underneath my hair feel horrible sticky, even when i try to re-wash with another shampoo and rinse for ages the sticky feeling weighs my hair down and won't go away unless i use clarifying shampoo (which is damaging so I would rather not...). Really gutted because when I had dark hair it did make the top look so shiny, but now I am back to blonde it doesn't really make it shiny either. The conditioner is okay though, nearly finished that but probably won't even be finishing the shampoo

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

9 years ago

I'm a big fan of Liz Earle so couldn't wait for the launch of this product but it just doesn't cut it. Pros Smells Divine Produces a reasonable lather SLS free Cons Contains sodium chloride For us girls that colour sodium chloride is almost as bad as SLS for stripping colour from the hair so I feel that Liz Earle has scored a massive own goal with this formulation. Certainly not a patch on Green People products.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool