79%
package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

PTR's Retinol Fusion PM is a great "first introduction" to retinols. My skin can be sensitive with the wrong products and this has never given me any irritation. At night, after I cleanse my skin with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, I shake the Retinol Fusion PM bottle really well and then apply about half-a-dropper amount to my entire face (including my eye area), neck, and decolletage. I let that sit for about 30 minutes before applying my nighttime moisturizer on top. That's it, that's all and it's been working well for me. For those who haven't tried Retinol Fusion PM, you should know that the texture of this product is a little odd. It's a liquid, but it's more of a dry oil liquid than a watery liquid. It spreads very well across the skin and sinks in VERY quickly. I wish it had a pump rather than the dropper, but I'm assuming because it is a liquid that perhaps the pump wouldn't work well ?? Just remember, because the dropper bottle allows for air to enter the entire product, you will need to use up the bottle within a few months. Once you open the bottle the entire product begins degrading. I have always had great results from using Retinol Fusion PM. My pores appear smaller and much less noticeable. My skin is more luminous and vibrant. I have combo-dry skin, and I notice that spots where my skin gets oily (nose area) seem less oily, and places where my skin gets dry seem less dry. It creates more balance to the skin. I've never broken out while using Retinol Fusion PM, and any prior brown spots seem to heal quicker. I don't have any deep wrinkles, just a few fine lines here and there. I don't think Retinol Fusion PM has made the lines disappear, but my hope is that this will slow the aging process and keep the lines from getting deeper. Also, I think my foundation applies better and smoother when I'm using this regularly. I use less foundation, less concealer, and my face just seems to glow. The foundation doesn't just "sit" on top of the skin... The foundation seems to mesh better with my skin for whatever reason. I know this product is expensive, but I really recommend it especially to those in their 20s and/or those new to retinol. I hope this works well for you like it does for me =)

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

a year ago

On second bottle. It takes time to work. At 56 I look early forties (sunscreen), I Do like that it doesn’t irritate my rosacea or leave my skin peeling. Ptr needs to lower the price a bit though. I follow up with the Hungarian moisturizer. I wake up with Uber soft skin and no redness.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

I am 63 and this has made a visible difference on my face and neck. It works wonders around the eye area. It feels like silk and sinks in almost immediately. It’s expensive so I order when QVC offers a deal.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

a year ago

PTR's Retinol Fusion PM should be the gold standard for retinol serums. It's the perfect balance of smooth and lightweight - yet strong (1.5% - way more than most brands). It feels like a soothing water on your face, I can hardly believe it's 1.5%. I've gotten more irritation from mystery percentage retinol serums and/or 0.5%. The results are noticeable and fast. Consistency is key of course, as with any skincare product. Mixed feelings on the dropper. Droppers annoy me because sometimes too much comes out, and you risk knocking it over. But at least in this case you know exactly how much product is left. At $65 it's not the cheapest but it's also not the priciest. The cost is well worth it.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

from

a year ago

I personally really like this product. It is gentle and at times I was wondering if it was doing much but I think over time I've seen results. It does keep my skin clear and more glowing, not sure if it has helped fine lines but I have had comments that I look generally younger since using it and people are always surprised ay my age (I'm 30). Not sure if this is coincidence or not. It is a bit expensive initially but does last a long time, my first bottle took 9 months to get through so I think the value for money is ok, works out to about $10 a month. Seems like it doesnt work for everyone but I would recommend giving it a go as it has worked for me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

1.0

2 years ago

This product is gentle because it doesn’t work at all. Not only does it boast about benefits that don’t last like the vitamin c which becomes unstable as soon as you open it and null/void of benefit due to the air, but the retinol becomes unstable over time and exposure to air and light and even some of the other ingredients. This did nothing for me and I will stay away from retinol and retinoids that are in squalane or serum based because they don’t work. Paula’s choice retinol worked in two days, dermilogica has a great one too. Splurge on one of those. I was fooled into thinking it would be decent due to the high amount but this does nothing. Your cells are meant to turn over so you should have some shedding and peeling and there’s nothing. No turn over and no results. What a sham. It’s more than less an expensive dry oil. Would neve rebuy!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairRed

from

2 years ago

I have been using this for about 2 months now. The first thing I will praise is that it didn't break me out or dry my skin out and I have extremely sensitive skin. It's in a darker bottle which protects it however you do have to take the lid off every time you use it. It is pricey for us average folk but it lasts forever as a little goes a long way. I have noticed my fine lines being less noticeable and I always wear sunscreen.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Prior to this I was using Roc retinol night cream. When I started using Peter Thomas Roths product I noticed a big difference after the first two weeks, fine lines were going away, even my eye bags were shrinking, and an overall amazing texture and look in my skin. Its so easy to apply with the applicator, the texture of the formula feels great, it soaks right into skin without leaving skin greasy. For retinol A to be effective it has to be a high enough concentrated dose and this definately has a high enough dose, that's why they proudly display their retinol percentage while Roc retinol will not even tell theirs, even though users have a right to know, it could be a tiny dot that they put in for all we know. I did take off a star because it's so high priced, I was given a bottle as a present and could never afford to continue using it, so I'm sure my results will diminish eventually aftet I quit using it. Its unfortunate that one of the only effective products out there are unaffordable, and not marketed for lower middle class, but you get what you pay for I guess.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

This did nothing for me. I used a whole bottle. Saw 0 results.

About reviewer (1595 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

This is a pass for me I love PTR products but after using 2 bottles of these and have not seen or feel any difference in my skin it's a pass for me.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Neutral