Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum
Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum

3.9

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE, RETINOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER (AQUA), PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, LECITHIN, BISABOLOL, ALCOHOL

PTR's Retinol Fusion PM should be the gold standard for retinol serums.
It's the perfect balance of smooth and lightweight - yet strong (1.5% - way more than most brands).
It feels like a soothing water on your face, I can hardly believe it's 1.5%.
I've gotten more irritation from mystery percentage retinol serums and/or 0.5%.
The results are noticeable and fast. Consistency is key of course, as with any skincare product.
Mixed feelings on the dropper. Droppers annoy me because sometimes too much comes out, and you risk knocking it over. But at least in this case you know exactly how much product is left.
At $65 it's not the cheapest but it's also not the priciest. The cost is well worth it.

on 9/25/2018 5:39:00 AM

I personally really like this product. It is gentle and at times I was wondering if it was doing much but I think over time I've seen results.
It does keep my skin clear and more glowing, not sure if it has helped fine lines but I have had comments that I look generally younger since using it and people are always surprised ay my age (I'm 30). Not sure if this is coincidence or not.

It is a bit expensive initially but does last a long time, my first bottle took 9 months to get through so I think the value for money is ok, works out to about $10 a month. Seems like it doesnt work for everyone but I would recommend giving it a go as it has worked for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is gentle because it doesn’t work at all.
Not only does it boast about benefits that don’t last like the vitamin c which becomes unstable as soon as you open it and null/void of benefit due to the air, but the retinol becomes unstable over time and exposure to air and light and even some of the other ingredients.

This did nothing for me and I will stay away from retinol and retinoids that are in squalane or serum based because they don’t work.
Paula’s choice retinol worked in two days, dermilogica has a great one too.
Splurge on one of those. I was fooled into thinking it would be decent due to the high amount but this does nothing.
Your cells are meant to turn over so you should have some shedding and peeling and there’s nothing.
No turn over and no results.
What a sham.
It’s more than less an expensive dry oil.
Would neve rebuy!

on 5/26/2018 5:20:00 PM

I have been using this for about 2 months now. The first thing I will praise is that it didn't break me out or dry my skin out and I have extremely sensitive skin. It's in a darker bottle which protects it however you do have to take the lid off every time you use it. It is pricey for us average folk but it lasts forever as a little goes a long way. I have noticed my fine lines being less noticeable and I always wear sunscreen.

Initially I loved this. It prevented break outs, made my skin glow, and I looked very youthful each morning. No irritation either. It's very thin but spreads very easily. 1 ounce may seem like a small bottle but you only need a few drops. It looks like it will literally last forever. My friend and I bought this together. She brought to my attention that it was causing creases in our foreheads. We both returned.

Prior to this I was using Roc retinol night cream. When I started using Peter Thomas Roths product I noticed a big difference after the first two weeks, fine lines were going away, even my eye bags were shrinking, and an overall amazing texture and look in my skin.
Its so easy to apply with the applicator, the texture of the formula feels great, it soaks right into skin without leaving skin greasy.
For retinol A to be effective it has to be a high enough concentrated dose and this definately has a high enough dose, that's why they proudly display their retinol percentage while Roc retinol will not even tell theirs, even though users have a right to know, it could be a tiny dot that they put in for all we know.
I did take off a star because it's so high priced, I was given a bottle as a present and could never afford to continue using it, so I'm sure my results will diminish eventually aftet I quit using it. Its unfortunate that one of the only effective products out there are unaffordable, and not marketed for lower middle class, but you get what you pay for I guess.

on 11/28/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did nothing for me. I used a whole bottle. Saw 0 results.

on 11/23/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a pass for me I love PTR products but after using 2 bottles of these and have not seen or feel any difference in my skin it's a pass for me.

on 11/23/2017 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I use a few drops every night and I would say it will last about 4 months. The texture feels silky, almost oily - but its not oily and it absorbs quickly.
Of all the serums I have tried - NIOD, Skinceuticals, Caudalie, Medik8, The Ordinary, Dennis Gross - this is my favourite. My skin responds well to it and I've not experienced any adverse side effects.

This is an excellent product in so many ways. I adore the texture. It's very light and easy to spread. Sinks in very quickly. Best of all, despite the high concentration of retinol, it's extremely gentle and doesn't dry out or irritate by delicate skin the way other products I've used do. I have some post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation that I'm trying to rid myself of and it's really been a great help.