Crest 3D Professional Effects White Strips

Crest 3D Professional Effects White Strips

4.1

on 7/22/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've used approx 10 strips so far, and my teeth already look a shade whiter.

I previously had professional tooth whitening from my dentist 10 years ago. It cost approx $500 at the time, and I was left with very sensitive teeth. Since then, I still use Sensodyne or Pronamel only as my toothpaste.

I use my strips every 4+ days or so. Also, I apply only approx 20mins at a time. The time it has taken for the effects to show has been slower due to my slow routine. I must admit my teeth are still slightly sensitive immediately after use, but it is very tolerable and no where near as painful as my 1st experience.

The strips stick well. My teeth are a tiny bit crooked, but I just take care to apply the strips properly.

Highly recommend for a cheaper alternative to professional tooth whitening.

Addit 5/8: Approx 15th use - I had severe pain today approx 5 hours after strip use. No pain immediately after application. I had had a hot dinner 3 hours before but for some reason the pain didn't start right away until 1-2 hours ago. Severe+++. I just thought I'd put it out there - put some Tooth mousse (GC tooth mousse plus) and it feels a bit more comfortable. Just tried Sensodyne as well. Pain not completely gone but definitely more tolerable than before.

on 7/13/2016 10:14:00 AM

Awesome product. Do not use for more than 3 days in a row. You have to take a break for a couple days and then continue the bleaching process. Its just like bleacing your hair.

To Read all 121 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2016 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I. Love. These.
I haven't used white strips for years. The old ones didn't stay on and made my teeth sensitive to just my BREATH. But recently, my teeth have been looking particularly dingey and whitening toothpaste can only do so much. Also, somewhere I picked up the (fairly obvious) suggestion to try using Sensodyne toothpaste while using the strips. So I decided to give it another go.
First of all, these Professional Effects strips are so much better at staying on your teeth than the old ones! I actually have to fight a bit to get them off when the 30 minutes are up, but that's a good thing. The old versions were sliding off my teeth by the end of each session.
Secondly, the Sensodyne has done the trick. I used the Sensodyne morning and night on the day before I started, did the strips 3 days in a row while using it morning and night, took a break from the strips over the weekend while continuing to use the Sensodyne, and am now on my second day of strips again. My teeth have NO sensitivity. By now, my teeth would shoot pain just by my breathing hard with my mouth open. So that solved that problem.
Lastly, they work. Whitening treatments by a professional is NOT in my budget so I can't compare to that. But my teeth are definitely brighter, whiter and more evenly shaded now (they were started to get a bit patchy, with more yellow by my gums). I still have 15 days of strips left, but I expect to continue to see progress.
I shopped around for the lowest price that I could find and ended up buying my pack from Amazon. They were $12 cheaper for the same number of strips at Walmart. Bonus!
I am satisfied with this purchase. I only seem to need the boost of whitening treatments every 5 years or so - I don't drink coffee or tea or red wine much and I use a daily whitening toothpaste - but I would def repurchase these. Worth the time and money and not a huge hassle.

on 5/16/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After trying other methods of teeth whitening, such as lazor treatment and getting no results, these whitestrips are an absolute must have. I saw immediate results are the first use and I have so much more confidence now. Since buying this product I've had no sensitivity what so ever and I have purchased another batch.

I have taken the time to write a detailed blog post on this product including a BEFORE and AFTER picture of my teeth, as I know looking at honest reviews and pictures definitely gave me reassurance when buying the product. You can read my blog post in the link below. I hope this helps.

on 4/20/2016 10:29:00 AM

I used to use the old school whitening strips, but my teeth have been rather dull, so I noticed how much has changed with the Crest whitening strips. Instead of just one kind, there are now several kinds of strips. There are the express strips that you leave on for a short amount of time, the kind for sensitive teeth, and there is glamorous or professional effects. I bought the professional effects one on Amazon because it is sometimes cheaper than buying at the store. It comes with 20 treatments and is in a nice, holographic box. When I use whitening strips, I use the strips everyday until the treatment is up. I try to do this at least once a year. The strips come in pairs and are like stickers. There is a bottom strip and a top strip. They will not whiten the molars, but will whiten whatever teeth are visible. The strips that Crest make nowadays adhere extremely well to the teeth. I just take the strip, make sure it covers the teeth fully and NOT THE GUMS, and then fold over the excess. I whiten before I brush my teeth at night. The reason why is because it adheres better when teeth have plaque and are a little gritty. When they have been brushed, the teeth might be too slimy. I leave it on for thirty minutes or even more. My teeth are not sensitive, but after a week, I might feel pain if I eat cold foods or if I suck in air. This sensation goes away quickly and is a fleeting pain that is so quick that I will just carry on with treatment. After my treatment, my teeth are noticeably whiter and smiling is more enjoyable. Overall, I highly recommend these because they are affordable, readily available anywhere, and are effective!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Got this about 2 weeks ago and used it twice a day like it told me to. I started to see amazing results by the third treatment! I love it so much, i got a lot of compliments and its just all in all great.

The only bad thing is after a while your gums hurt AF. i stopped for one day because od how sensitive my gums were, they started to bleed. It hurts keeping it on sometimes after a few treatments but definitely worth it!

I bought the glamorous one and i love it just as much!

on 2/28/2016 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

didn't think I'd ever write a review for something like this on makeupalley, but these strips have come a long way since I was a teen and tried using them. I'd like to state that I'm a smoker, and a daily coffee and diet soda drinker (so healthy, right?), and often drink red wine, so my teeth were starting to age me from the yellow tint, I had asked my dentist about a professional whitening Treatment and he told me that many people cannot sit til the end of the treatment because of how sensitive and uncomfortable their teeth became, well that sounded horrible. But then a revelation came to mind and I remembered about a year ago I had a sample of these and used them for about 3 days and began getting compliments on my teeth for weeks, scared of the enamel break down, I didn't purchase a full box, but back to my now again dis colored teeth. I purchased a box with a 20 percent off coupon from ulta and began using them last week, I have used about 7 treatments so far and I have to say, my yellow (deniably brown) teeth are now pearly white! They adhere excellent, no sliding around like I remember from when I was a teen, and I actually saw results quite quickly. Now for the sensitivity aspect, I do have very sensitive teeth in general, and I was extremely worried about going past the 3 day mark and developing pain, but the sensitivity hasn't been too substantial, slightly sensitive for the first hour after use, but all pain and sensitivity dissipates quickly. I get a little slight twinge of pain here and there if I drink something cold quickly, but I'll start introducing sensodyne into my routine if I feel that this is too much of a bother. Can't wait to finish up the remaining 13 days and see how white these babies can get! Highly recommend for someone on a budget or someone who doesn't want to sit in a dentists office for something that was described as substantially painful. Go get them if you're a smoker or a coffee drinker, you will not be sorry! Try sensodyne or pronamel if scared of sensitivity!

on 2/1/2016 10:30:00 PM

I love these strips! They are very affordable and work very well on my teeth. I don't have sensitive teeth at all but friends of mine says that they cannot use these because it makes their teeth painfully sensitive.

I have not tried other types of whitening treatments in the past. I have tried almost every whitening toothpaste there is available though and I don't see much of a change using them.

I used these strips once a day for a week. After that, I use a strip a month to keep them white. My teeth are much whiter than they use to be and I always get complimented on how white my teeth are.

Highly recommend these for people who do not have sensitive teeth and are looking for an affordable teeth whitening treatment.

Sadly, these are not sold in Australia but I was able to buy them online pretty easily :)

on 1/14/2016 4:26:00 PM

For the price, these are very effective. My husband and I used these strips every other day for 3 weeks before our wedding. I have used them many times over the years, but this was my husband's first time. He was very pleased with the difference they made.

I do have sensitive teeth, but I find brushing with Sensodyne while using white strips takes care of any sensitivity I feel because of whitening.

You can often get a good deal on these white strips with coupons & sales on Amazon or at Target.

The packaging is too bulky. I'm sure Crest could find a more economical way to package this product.

on 10/22/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not comparable to a professional whitening but come on for the price these are amazing. They're a staple in my bathroom and definitely make my smile whiter. You might have some sensitivity initially but I had my dentist check and these did not thin my enamel. Will continue to use them!

Popular Other Products