St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.1

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 12/20/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My fave tan by far! I can get a large bottle of this for about NZD$11 which is probably the best priced fake tan I can find anywhere in NZ, and considering it's the BEST fake tan I've ever used that is fantastic. I apply this with me Le Tan mitt. The mousse comes out evenly and has instant colour in it so you can see where you have applied it. A little goes a long way, it's very easy to blend. This is probably the least 'smelly' tan I've come across as well. Once it dries, which is also very quick, maybe 5 minutes max, the smell is hardly detectable but it's not that bad to begin with. I've found this doesn't transfer at all once it's dried so I don't have to worry about staining my clothes or sheets. The quick dry time is great for Summer so it doesnt leave you feeling sticky. I wish they had an ultra dark version as to get my desired level I have to tan twice, but it's worth it, an even BROWN tan, not orange at all and it lasts a good week before I have to scrub it all off. The only thing that lets it down is how it fades, it does the "reptile" skin fade, unlike the Le Tan one which fades naturally, but other than that it's amazing. And everything that the HORRIBLE Bondi Sands is not (I have a review and it's not good).

on 10/12/2016 10:01:00 AM

I have used this for a month now and I don't see how anyone could not love this product. 1. I love the tan this gives me, very natural looking. 2. The smell doesn't bother me. I can see how it would bother someone, but for me it wasn't so bad. 3. It does not fade blotchy or spotty. I think it fades great. 4. The price and packaging is perfectly fine and I see no problems with either. I will continue purchasing!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After many years of trying out every different type of tanners on the market, mousses, creams, gels, sprays, tinted moisturisers this is by far the best one ever!

First off the price is fantastic! In the Netherlands its about €7,50 (about $8,50USD)

I decided on the darkest colour in the mousse form. I wouldn't say I'm very tanned naturally but also not extremely white. Somewhere in between... The colour is a very natural brown and doesnt turn out orange at all. The guide colour has almost a green tinge to it which counteracts the orange. After about 4 hours you have to shower to remove the guide colour which will make you slightly lighter than what the original application colour was, but its ever so slightly that i don't really notice it.

For me the biggest positive of this tanner is that it fades naturally. With other tanners i always got weird white patches where the dead skin would scrub off and leave me patchy after about 5 days. This just fades naturally without becoming patchy. I also love that you can apply it easily without it drying to quickly and becoming streaky.

All in all i havent really got anything negative to say about this product other than i wish it would stay a bit longer than about 6-7 days. OH! And the bottle lasts forever! I get about 10 applications from it! I remember a while ago i bought an expensive australian brand mousse and it lasted me only 2 applications! This is so worth your money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this self-tan while I was living abroad (knowing fully well the hype over it) and it came in a two full-size bottle (one medium and one dark) pack for 5 euros. Insane deal! You get one bottle of any other tanning mousse in the US anywhere between $6-$12! And now that I'm back in the states, I'm having a hard time finding it online for less than $12 after shipping. But it is worth ordering.

The color is also amazing- it goes on kind of green, which makes it look completely natural when you wash it off! I also use it on my face (which is kind of amusing given the color.) Honestly, I use rubber gloves to apply it. I feel like mitts absorb/waste too much product but I also wouldn't risk putting this one without something covering your hands!

You will definitely only want to wear it to bed. (I don't really get why girls would want to wear a developing tanner out though, anyways, because tanners just smell and rub off on things...) This smell of this particular tanner isn't bad though. You mostly just smell in the morning and it washes away.

It lasts about 3-4 days, which I wouldn't mind if I were buying it at the euro prices but at home it means I save this tanner before special events or use it only for the most visible parts (face and arms) and use another self-tan for everywhere else. Great product though. I recommend it.

on 7/6/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The short review of this product is: it's great for the price, but if you can afford higher end tanners, stick with those.

Now for the details. The good: I am extremely cool-toned, so when I use fake tanners with a hint of orange in them it looks very unnatural. This tanner has a beautiful olive tint- when it comes out of the bottle it is dark green and develops to a natural, deep olive. It is also the cheapest foam tanner I have found on the market. I have a lot of cream/lotion tanners that I enjoy, but foam is by far the quickest and easiest to apply without being streaky. You get a ton of product as well. The foam dries quickly and doesn't stay sticky, and once it develops the color doesn't just wash off with a shower. It also has almost no smell.

The bad: This tan does not last long at all. I can get about 3-4 days before it looks patchy. It's nice that the bottle comes with so much product because you need to reapply this often. When applying, the foam dries extremely quickly- when drying, it maintains a slightly rubbery texture that makes it hard to get on completely evenly. Because of this, it takes a lot of practice to get this tanner to be completely even. It also leaves a green color to your skin before the tan develops, so I would only use this at night.

Because of the cost, I will continue to buy this because I just can't afford $50 for a similar product. It's good enough to keep using, but just be aware of the negatives and decide if the cost difference is worth it.

on 1/31/2016 5:53:00 PM

The fake smell of freshly painted floor- simply cannot take it. For the cheap price you pay quality is indeed good however you cannot apply this without the mitt. People who compare this to St Tropez- you cannot really compare those. St tropez is another level. It smells amazing, i apply this like foundation and don't need special mitt. So if you can pay more- get st tropez but if you are on budget- i guess St Moritz is nr 1 on the market:) it applies pretty smooth, color is on the fine line of being natural and in general you if you can handle the smell- you will like this staff:)

on 9/28/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to self tanner. Ulta carries this for $12.99 and I repurchase every single time. I used to go to the tanning beds a lot but as I get older I've been trying to find alternatives so I don't do anything that prematurely ages me or puts my body at risk. When I first bought this, I bought it in medium because I'm very fair. I now have repurchased this multiple times but now I get it in dark because medium only gives me a hint of color and dark makes me noticeably darker but still fairly light compared to some fake tanners. I purchased it with Ulta's tanning mit and I have to say the application of this mousse was smooth and streak free. This formula blended so easily and the color guard makes it easy to see if you missed a spot. I wear big clothes over it and although it doesn't stain my sheets or feel too sticky, I rather be safe than sorry. It does have a smell, not a good one but also not a bad one. I go to sleep and when i wake up I can tell I'm quite dark so I shower and gently wash the color guard off and I'm not as dark as before but everything looks natural and blended.

And I think that's my only "complaint" about this self tanner is that I wish they made one in extreme dark. But otherwise each shade gives a beautiful natural tan, it doesn't pull to orange or look fake at all. It fades within 4-5 days on me and it always fades evenly. However, I wished it lasted a little longer and was a tad darker - but for the price you absolutely cannot beat it!

on 9/27/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I picked this up at Ulta when I was on a shopping trip out of town. I didn't realize Ulta carried it, so I was very excited to find it there! I'm a self-professed sunless tanning addict and I've tried literally nearly every kind out there - from the highest of high end to the lowest of low end. My favorite brands are Loving Tan, St. Tropez, and Famous Dave's. Even though I've found some that I love, I'm always up for trying something new and this was something I was always curious about. I bought it in Dark. For reference, I'm naturally an NC10/15, NARS Siberia/Gobi - very fair-skinned with yellow/golden/slightly olive undertones. I naturally tan very quickly and dark, but don't want to risk the sun damage and increased risk of skin cancer. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and some tans have proven to be irritating.

I applied this using a St. Tropez tanning mitt. (I always recommend also wearing a pair of non-latex gloves underneath the mitt because the tan can sometimes seep through and stain your hands.) When I first pumped some of the product onto a paper towel to get an idea of the scent, it seemed to be a somewhat overwhelming soapy smell, like an old soap my grandparents used when I was a kid. But once I got it on the mitt and started applying, it wasn't that strong at all. It was actually a nice light, fresh scent. This mousse applies like *butter*. It glides on so smooth and almost creamy. It dried quickly but allowed plenty of time to get it blended properly. The color guide is much nicer looking than St. Tropez. It's not so blatantly green and is more of a deep olive brown. I was able to put my pajamas on within about 5 minutes and then I got into bed. Very impressed after initial application.

The next morning, the color guide looked gorgeous! I was so excited to see the actual result. Unfortunately, I was left pretty disappointed. After the guide had washed off I was left with very little color. It was about the equivalent of two applications of a gradual tanner. To its credit though, it was a very natural color. There are certain areas of my skin that fake tans tend to irritate, and the area that reacts the worst is my mid/lower back. After one application I experienced no itching. I decided to apply another layer the night after the first application. That got me to about where I wanted to be depth-wise, but I really prefer to only have to apply one layer of tan each week. But the color really was very nice! In all honesty I liked the color a little better than the St. Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse as it was reddish/olive/brown as opposed to the strong olive tone in St. Tropez that sometimes makes me look a bit green/coppery. However, after the day after that second application, I started experiencing pretty bad itching on my lower back. It took about 3 days for that to go away.

I also noticed after just 4 days that it was fading poorly on my upper arms and inner thighs so I ended up exfoliating it off at that point. Sunless tans (especially mousses) tend to last at least 6-7 days on me, so I was pretty disappointed with that. Prior to that I was thinking it would make a good winter tan because it's such a breeze to apply, so cheap, and gives a nice light glow with one application. But I don't think I want to deal with the bad fading and frequent re-applying. I would really probably give it a 3.5, but I bumped it up rather than down due to it's cheap price and awesome application and nice color. I do highly recommend trying it! It's so affordable and really seems to work very well for many people!

For about £3 you can't go wrong with this tan. I exfoliate with the soap and glory exfoliator and a pair exfoliating gloves and then moisturize the tricky bits (feet, knees, elbows and hands) with palmers cocoa butter. After waiting an hour for it to soak in I put 2 pumps of st moriz mousse in medium on my tanning mitt and buff into the skin. Once I've finished applying I put a tiny amount of water on a flannel and buff the 'tricky bits' to get rid of any excess tanner that can make it go darker than the rest.
In the morning I wake up to a bit of a scarily dark orangy tan until I jump in the shower. After I'm left with a gorgeously brown (not orange!) natural looking tan! The tan lasts for about 3 days until I need to reapply.
Pros:
- Easy to apply
- Doesn't streak
- Fades evenly
- Natural colour
- Cheap as chips
Cons:
- Has that familiar biscuity smell after about an hour of applying (although I actually quite like the smell!)

In conclusion I love this fake tan, although I would definitely advise anyone using the mousse to apply using a mitt, I don't think it would apply as evenly without one.

I love this product! I am light skinned and have a problem with self tanners looking orange and unnatural. I bought the st moriz mousse in medium and it looks amazing. I love how it dries quickly and doesn't streak. It also doesn't leave that weird smell like most self tanners do. I will definitely repurchase.