St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.1

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 6/9/2018 7:50:00 PM

Best self tanner ever!Save your money and don’t buy any other.
- absolutely NO ORANGE , just natural tan color
- great smell (powdery)
- easy to apply with mit, fast drying, you can see where you apply also
If you want streak free result... you should scrub in shower from me next day. Yes from the next day!Maybe loose some color but it ll be streake free.You can apply again next night for more intense result
I have light skins and I use only the DARK formula

It’s cheap but there is a reason for this. It’s my second bottle, don’t know what possessed me to buy a cheap self tanner but I did - dark mousse.
I regularly self tan, don’t really have many misshaps or struggles anymore but I actually ended up washing this one off me immediately on 1st application. Right - tried again, a few days later and it went better but I just don’t like using it, it dries really fast and you have to rub it in quickly. Yesterday I again started applying it (nice cardio...) and basically after i did my legs i switched to a different (not that much more expensive) mousse with guide colour and it was just so much easier. It still had the guide colour but it was gliding allowing me to spread it evenly.

Yes it does work and the tan looks ok but i don’t find it pleasant to use at all, it also smells.

If you want a cheap self tanner then try it, it may work, people seem to love it, I don’t.

on 1/12/2018 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this I have it in "dark" & it's perfect for my medium olive skin. It gives me a true tan nothing orange. It did not irritate my skin like St Tropez did. Now some tips make sure you exfoliate & make sure your skin is COMPLETELY dry before you apply it. Make sure you use gloves or a mitt & always shake the bottle before dispensing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my second self tanner. The first one I used was Million Dollar Tan and that product was a let down. This self tanner is so much better. First off, mousse is better than lotion when it comes to tanning. The lotion is sticky and will build up around creases like your inner elbows and wrists. So since this is a mousse, it's already a plus.

I purchased the DARK formula. First, I exfoliated and did the usual pre-tanning routine in the shower at night. I did not apply moisturizer on my entire body at all afterwards. That will affect how dark your tan turns out. I first got a regular synthetic makeup brush and applied the mousse on my face with it. I also did my neck with the brush. Next I applied moisturizer on my palms, elbows, feet, and ankles. Apply enough to where it sits on your skin and doesn't soak in. I applied 2 pumps on my arms with a mitt. 4 pumps on my legs with a mitt. And 5 pumps on my torso with a mitt. It was incredibly easy to blend. It dried very quickly as well. It was not sticky at all. I went to bed afterwards. When I woke up I did not see any stains on my white sheets. The tan looked very natural on my skin. It wasn't orange at all. There was a slight odor, but not too bad. This is a great product especially for the price it's sold for. My only complaint is that my face looked darker than the rest of my body. It may be because I used a mitt on my body and a brush on my face. I had to apply a second coat on my body the next day to match it up.

This is as good as it gets when it comes to self tanner. I can't imagine finding a better product. I heard girls say that one coat of this isn't enough. Not true. I'm pale and one coat is enough to look like a bronzed goddess. Two coats is daring, but it still looks amazing. Again, it looks very natural. I'm so satisfied with it.

UPDATE: I've had this tan for 4 days now and it still looks beautiful. There are no harsh lines on my hands and feet, like you would see with other self tanners. My mother is naturally tan and my tan looks identical to hers! Remember, I'm very pale. Two coats of the dark formula is enough. I'll probably use the medium formula to gradually add color once it starts to fade.

on 7/14/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Im on my third bottle, and i love this! I have the colour medium for the winter and dark for summer, and I love to have a summer glow all year around. It is very cheap, but the product is great. Just make sure to remove all dead skin and make sure that the moisturizer is completely dry before applying to get the perfect and even result. I am totally addicted to this self tanning mousse.

on 6/19/2017 7:06:00 AM

I am at the third bottle because it's not pricey and still works amazingly. It gives you a lovely, warm, classy, not orange color that will last for 5-6 days, when properly moisturized. Careful on feet, hands, elbows and face; it really absorbs quickly so just a hint of color would be enough.
It dries fast and it doesn't stink. Besides, you can easily find it also online.

The price is great and the package is fine. I bought this product after all the rave because it's supposedly the best budget fake tanner out there. It did very little for me. I'm very, very fair skinned. The medium left a slight orange tint which was gone after 2 days. Then I tried two layers of the dark one, again did very little. I got slightly darker but it looked like very naturally light, untanned skin. Again it was gone in 2 days, expect on my feet where I hadn't moisturized well. Fortunately this one wasn't orangey. Anyway it did so little for me I won't be buying this again.

on 4/24/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this tanner because of its cheap price and the fact that it got some pretty great reviews overall. It wasn't going to set me back to try it, so I ordered. I am not new to self tanners and have tried some pretty great ones as well as some not so great ones. I exfoliate the crap out of my skin and apply after I've freshly showered and been dry for atleast an hour. I do not moisturize beforehand, aside from my hands, ankles, knees and feet. This tanner goes on nicely, as the mousse is sort of fluffy and spreads effortlessly. I immediately notice the deep bronze color once applied, which is usually a good thing. But the problem I've found is that the color guard is very weak. Meaning when I shower in the morning or whenever I am ready to rinse the guard off, hardly any comes off of my body. At first I thought that may equate to a longer lasting, darker tan. Yes, it is dark. Dark for my medium to light-medium olive skin. And it looks good the first day. But by day two and three, the tan begins to fade off in the worst way. That is my biggest complaint. My theory is that because this lacks a good guard, so much of it is absorbed into your skin immediately upon initial application that it can't gradually develop over the course of 6 or 8 hours and in turn fades drastically by day 2 or 3 in a very noticeable way. For a self tanner to be good, rule number one is that it can not leave dry, crusty looking dark patches around an area on my skin where the tan is fading. It must fade gradually and seamlessly. This will pill up and come off in flakes if your skin is damp and your pores have opened after a shower. I mean, like your body will be covered in dark flaky skin bits after towel drying. So much so that you may need to rerinse to get it all off. I gave it 2 stars for the texture and color. You get what you pay for and even though it's very affordable, I wouldn't waste my money or time on it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can honestly say I am a self tanner addict. Been using self tanners for at least 15 years. I've used St. Tropez, Fake bake, Sunlabs, etc. This product is by far one of y favorite. I love how dark it makes me. I will always buy this until I can no longer get my hands on it.

Coming from someone who had lupus and is "light sensitive" and can no longer use tanning booths/beds. This gives you that sun kissed glow without looking orange or streaky.

Price point is nice. Color is dark and looks amazing!

on 3/18/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

*Unfortunately, I cannot compare this with any other tanning product, as the only other tanning products I have used are gradual tanners.*

Price - I'm from the UK, and I personally buy this from Body Care, for £2.99, as until recently, it was one of the few stockists, but it is now widely available online and in many stores, including Tesco! I also buy the mitt from Body Care.

Application - I have been using St. Moriz on and off for many years now, but only in the last few months have I tried the mousse, as I used to use the lotion. Compared to the lotion, the mousse is so much easier to apply, as there is a lot more blending involved with the lotion, which can end up streaky - overall the mousse is just a much more pleasant experience. As with all self-tanners, it is important to exfoliate and shave, and to moisturize the joint and bony areas of the body prior to applying, to ensure an even coverage, to prevent it clinging to dry patches, and from sinking in to fleshy, folded areas. I use a latex glove under the mitt, as the product does seep through the mitt onto the skin. I like to ensure that my pores have closed, and my skin is completely dry before applying, so about 30 mins after showering, I apply the product one layer at a time, on to one body part at a time (i.e. calves, then move on to thighs, then stomach and so on), and when the first layer has been applied to all body parts, I then apply a second layer, using the same technique. I feel that it is important to apply the second layer in a relatively short space of time after the first, as if I was to apply the second layer 1 hour after the first, for example, the product would start to pill. I apply the tan at night, sleep, and then rinse off in the morning, so it is probably on my skin for about 9 hours, even though it recommends 6 hours. I do not think that leaving it on for those extra 3 hours deepens the shade, nor extends the tan life.

Smell - On first instance, and during development, the smell is typical of self-tanners, but not as pungent as gradual tanners, which I truly cannot stand (I loved the colour of the Dove gradual tan, but I stopped using it after first use because the smell made me feel sick) but does disappear after rinsing.

Colour - I have only tried the medium shade, and the colour initially applies quite green/orange, but develops into a more red/golden shade.

Longevity - I shower every day, so I can only get about 2-3 days out of this before it starts to fade.

Overall - I have given this 4 lippies, as I don't get much wear out of it before it starts to fade. I think that the price probably reflects the longevity, and a higher priced fake tan would probably last longer on my skin, but honestly, the price is so good, with a good volume of product, that I am not too bothered about it. It just takes more time out of m life to exfoliate it off and reapply. If you're on a budget (or not), give it a try!

However, I have mixed this with the Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanner (actually mixing it in the glove then applying to the skin), which makes the St. Moriz last a little bit longer, but does change the undertone from red/golden to a more orange shade. See my review on Garnier Summer Body.

Also, I find the colour infuriating to match to a foundation! I am naturally between a Mac NC15 and NC20. If there was an NC17 shade, I think this would be perfect for me. I have a very naturally yellow undertone, and Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff is the colour I use every day without fake tan. I love Revlon Colorstay, as I have very oily skin, but I cannot find a perfect match for the St. Moriz tan!! And no other foundation that I can be bothered spending money on testing out matches the colour :( If anyone can match this tan to Revlon Colorstay, or a foundation that works as well as Colorstay, please please let me know!!