Batiste Original Dry Shampoo

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
Original Dry ShampooOriginal Dry ShampooBatiste Original Dry Shampoo

3.9

Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Parfume, Limonene, Linanool, Geranol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium, Cetrimonium Chloride

on 3/14/2017 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have brown, 3b curly hair that I straighten with a flat iron. I usually go two weeks between washes because while my roots get oily, the rest of my hair is dry. This dry shampoo leaves a white cast at first, but after rubbing it in, it goes away. The smell is slightly powdery, nothing special but it neutralizes odor very well. It gave my hair a nice texture and I was able to form a polished (but not greasy) ponytail for the day. Also, I used it as a quick fix deodorant and it did the job. I would recommend and now that I've tried it, I'll probably keep using it.

on 3/9/2017 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This dry shampoo is pretty good. The smell is OK. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've smelled worse. I've also smelled better dry shampoo. The price is definitely decent, but I recently noticed that the Dove dry shampoo comes in a larger can than the original batiste can, but cost as much as the travel sized batiste. I have been using it ever since. I can't say anything bad about this one. I used it for a long time. I just prefer the smell of the Dove brand, it works well, and costs less, and doesn't seem as heavy.

on 3/9/2017 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this brand for years, I've tried other cheaper alternatives but I always come back to this one.

I really like the original scent as it's pretty fresh smelling unlike all the other scented ones.

I sometimes use this in my freshly washed hair just to add some texture too.

I'm so glad they came out with the bigger cans because I use this a couple times a week!

on 3/8/2017 10:21:00 PM

Have tried a couple of cheaper drugstore shampoo's and this is by far my favourite, even for my thin hair.

on 3/1/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Really wanted to like this. My hair is fine, and on the long end of short (meaning I needed a cut a month ago), but Batiste didn't work for me, after several attempts. Maybe I wasn't using enough, but I used as much as I could stand before the strong fragrance made me stop.

On the plus side, the fragrance subsides after a few (very strong) minutes, and I didn't have trouble with residue on my dark hair. It's easier to work Batiste into the hair/scalp than it is to use powder (baby or otherwise), but I could have just washed my hair in the time it took me to mess around with this.

Disappointed.

on 9/16/2016 12:59:00 PM

I have tried many different dry shampoos and they have all left my hair feeling grimy and sticky - worse than if I didn't even use it at all! Also, when i slept with it in my hair the residue would end up getting into my eyes and irritate them.

I heard great thing about Batiste and wanted to give it a try since they sold it at Costco for pretty cheap. 2 full size bottles and a mini travel for $12.99 CAD.

First off, I can see why people rave about this product! It's like an instant breath mint for your hair!!! Batiste doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or gross. It leaves my hair feeling as if i never even used dry shampoo!!! My oily, gross 3rd day hair felt immediately refreshed after just a quick spritz of this!!! My hair felt clean and the nice citrus scent did a great job in neutralizing any hair odour I had. I'm trying not to wash my hair every day...and have trained it so that I am able to wash it every over day without it looking like a gross, oily mess. I don't find that this dry shampoo does the best job in absorbing the oils in my hair though. It does refresh it very well and the scent is pleasant, but in terms of actual oil absorption... i don't really notice a difference. Perhaps i'm not using enough?

All in all, I would definitely repurchase this! It's a great alternative to washing my hair at the moment since I just got my brows tattooed. I'm unable to wash my hair for the next few days or so.

on 7/23/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I understand why this is a cult classic: The lightest sweep over the scalp works powerfully and this particular one in the green bottle has a clean - almost laundry detergent - scent which is not a bad way to go in hot weather. It's totally different than the candyish-powdery smell of all the other formulas including the one for Brunettes which can get cloying. The original formula is definitely the favored.

If you have dark hair too, use a light hand & target only the few oiliest zones to avoid looking like you tripped head-first into an ashtray. Following directions by using a boar bristle brush to distribute as the finishing touch is highly recommended.

Yeah - this product is OK in my book

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have only tried a couple brands of dry shampoo but this is my favourite. It is easier to work into your hair and it smells really good. I have brown hair and I did not find it left any colour, just apply a little bit at a time. I will buy this again once I run out of my other stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG status! I've tried other dry shampoos (Aussie & Suave, I think there were a couple other brands nothing stands out in my mind). this does not leave a whitish cast in my hair but there is a secret: blast ur hair on high no heat w a hair dryer to disperse the product & I do not always comb thru my hair when I wear it curly l simply finger comb & scrunch form the curls/waves & simply wetting my hair down a bit will restore any lost or shine from using this. Warning that this can make hair look dull if overapplied to any 1 area so make sure ur constantly spraying short bursts of it moving it at the same time don't concentrate it on one area altho I tend to put it mostly on the roots but the blow dryer will disperse it. I find I can't use dry shampoo unless I blast it w cold air from my hair dryer that truly is what u need to do if u find it gives u a whitish cast or dirty dull look. This helps to scent ur hair nobody likes the scent of dirty hair it's only 2nd to BO if ur skipping a shower 2-3x in a row it's something to consider maybe investing also in hair perfume the 1s from Aquolina are really good! I have 2 of them & u can def use w dry shampoo & hair perfumes give back some shine. But yeah dirty hair smell (also smoky hair odor, be it if ur a smoker or spent a night at the club etc) is downright unattractive on either gender. IJS.

The best dry shampoo I've used, including the other versions of Batiste dry shampoo.

My daughter and I both use this. She is blonde with very long hair, and she is able to spritz lightly in the morning, brush through with her fingers, and be off.

I'm an auburn/dark strawberry blonde and this definitely leaves a white residue I'm not able to immediately brush through. It simply won't brush through for me. So I spray my hair the night before and sleep on it. The natural tossing and turning I do at night helps the dry shampoo to do its magic and I'm fresh in the morning with no white residue.

I wash my hair every second day. I use this in the evening of the second day if I'm busy or running behind and can't get to washing my hair. However the effects last only a day for me and I need to be sure I wash my hair that evening.

I would love to find something that doesn't leave a white residue and allows more than one day of wear. Until then, this is a great product for both my daughter and me.

I have repurchased and will continue to. One lippie off for the the white residue.