Batiste Original Dry Shampoo

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
Original Dry ShampooOriginal Dry ShampooBatiste Original Dry Shampoo

3.8

Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Parfume, Limonene, Linanool, Geranol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium, Cetrimonium Chloride

on 9/16/2016 12:59:00 PM

I have tried many different dry shampoos and they have all left my hair feeling grimy and sticky - worse than if I didn't even use it at all! Also, when i slept with it in my hair the residue would end up getting into my eyes and irritate them.

I heard great thing about Batiste and wanted to give it a try since they sold it at Costco for pretty cheap. 2 full size bottles and a mini travel for $12.99 CAD.

First off, I can see why people rave about this product! It's like an instant breath mint for your hair!!! Batiste doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or gross. It leaves my hair feeling as if i never even used dry shampoo!!! My oily, gross 3rd day hair felt immediately refreshed after just a quick spritz of this!!! My hair felt clean and the nice citrus scent did a great job in neutralizing any hair odour I had. I'm trying not to wash my hair every day...and have trained it so that I am able to wash it every over day without it looking like a gross, oily mess. I don't find that this dry shampoo does the best job in absorbing the oils in my hair though. It does refresh it very well and the scent is pleasant, but in terms of actual oil absorption... i don't really notice a difference. Perhaps i'm not using enough?

All in all, I would definitely repurchase this! It's a great alternative to washing my hair at the moment since I just got my brows tattooed. I'm unable to wash my hair for the next few days or so.

on 7/23/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I understand why this is a cult classic: The lightest sweep over the scalp works powerfully and this particular one in the green bottle has a clean - almost laundry detergent - scent which is not a bad way to go in hot weather. It's totally different than the candyish-powdery smell of all the other formulas including the one for Brunettes which can get cloying. The original formula is definitely the favored.

If you have dark hair too, use a light hand & target only the few oiliest zones to avoid looking like you tripped head-first into an ashtray. Following directions by using a boar bristle brush to distribute as the finishing touch is highly recommended.

Yeah - this product is OK in my book

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have only tried a couple brands of dry shampoo but this is my favourite. It is easier to work into your hair and it smells really good. I have brown hair and I did not find it left any colour, just apply a little bit at a time. I will buy this again once I run out of my other stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG status! I've tried other dry shampoos (Aussie & Suave, I think there were a couple other brands nothing stands out in my mind). this does not leave a whitish cast in my hair but there is a secret: blast ur hair on high no heat w a hair dryer to disperse the product & I do not always comb thru my hair when I wear it curly l simply finger comb & scrunch form the curls/waves & simply wetting my hair down a bit will restore any lost or shine from using this. Warning that this can make hair look dull if overapplied to any 1 area so make sure ur constantly spraying short bursts of it moving it at the same time don't concentrate it on one area altho I tend to put it mostly on the roots but the blow dryer will disperse it. I find I can't use dry shampoo unless I blast it w cold air from my hair dryer that truly is what u need to do if u find it gives u a whitish cast or dirty dull look. This helps to scent ur hair nobody likes the scent of dirty hair it's only 2nd to BO if ur skipping a shower 2-3x in a row it's something to consider maybe investing also in hair perfume the 1s from Aquolina are really good! I have 2 of them & u can def use w dry shampoo & hair perfumes give back some shine. But yeah dirty hair smell (also smoky hair odor, be it if ur a smoker or spent a night at the club etc) is downright unattractive on either gender. IJS.

The best dry shampoo I've used, including the other versions of Batiste dry shampoo.

My daughter and I both use this. She is blonde with very long hair, and she is able to spritz lightly in the morning, brush through with her fingers, and be off.

I'm an auburn/dark strawberry blonde and this definitely leaves a white residue I'm not able to immediately brush through. It simply won't brush through for me. So I spray my hair the night before and sleep on it. The natural tossing and turning I do at night helps the dry shampoo to do its magic and I'm fresh in the morning with no white residue.

I wash my hair every second day. I use this in the evening of the second day if I'm busy or running behind and can't get to washing my hair. However the effects last only a day for me and I need to be sure I wash my hair that evening.

I would love to find something that doesn't leave a white residue and allows more than one day of wear. Until then, this is a great product for both my daughter and me.

I have repurchased and will continue to. One lippie off for the the white residue.

on 2/28/2016 11:56:00 AM

It is a good shampoo and it works on my always gresy hair BUT the smell is awful. Personally I can not buy a shampoo if I don't like it's smell since I will on my hair and I will smell all day.

on 2/12/2016 10:21:00 PM

This is the best dry shampoo i have ever used. I have very oily and fine hair that gets greasy by the end of the day. I have never been able to skip a shampoo but with this dry shampoo i can! It soaks up all of the oil even after a day at the gym. I am very pleased! Ps. I am also a brunette and it does leave your hair white if you spray too much but just brush it out if you do! I spray it at night before i go to bed and let it sit (dont brush it out), and in the morning i spray a bit more, do my makeup etc and then brush it out. Works perfectly!

on 12/2/2015 11:49:00 PM

I feel terrible saying I didn't like this. :/
About my hair: it's dark-ish blonde, VERY VERY greasy (I have to wash it every single day or I look really disgusting), fine and long.

I have been using baby powder on my hair for a while, now. If you've never tried it: it's very powdery, so it does leave a residue that you can feel and see, but it soaks up the oils FOR REAL. Because I'm blonde, I don't mind the residue very much, it just kind of disappears once I rub my scalp.
Recently I had to travel and decided to buy my first bottle of dry shampoo ever, because taking baby powder on a trip it's obviously not practical. I had heard amazing things about Batiste and everyone seems to love it so much, so I decided to get it. I first bought the Fresh scent, but couldn't stand it. It gave me imediate headaches, so I returned it and got the Original scent.

I have used this product multiple times now, so here's what I think of it:

1) I do like the scent of it, it's quite citrusy and clean without being overwhelming. It gave no headaches.
2) It doesn't leave too much of a residue and I believe this will work for any hair colour as long as you blend it into your scalp. Never forget to do that, or else you'll have a white blob in the middle of your head.
3) It doesn't feel powdery, which is something that really bothers me about baby powder. Whenever my boyfriend touches my hair, he imediately knows I have it on (he doesn't understand the struggles).
4) Didn't make my hair tangly or stiff, but rather flowy and soft
5) Now, what I DON'T like about it's that it didn't do the only thing I was expecting it to do: clean my hair. It seriously does nothing. The effects are so subtil they're barely noticeable. At first, I thought I wasn't using enough, so I spritzed a few times in each section of hair (which is honestly a waste), but my hair still looked dirty. Maybe a little less, but dirty. Unlike baby powder, that would keep me clean for a few days, this made my hair slightly less gross for a few hours, and then it would look horrible again. The only way I could use it without being pissed was at the end of the day, when my hair isn't greasy yet but it's already starting to look limp, so a little oompf is appreciated.

I've tried the XXL Volume only once before, and I remember I really liked it. It gave volume, despite making my hair a little tangly but it definitely cleaned my hair in just a few spritzes.

Overall, I don't understand the point of this and I don't know why it didn't work for me. Because this is affordable, I would recommend trying it out if you're curious. I believe it could work for hairs that don't get extremely greasy but could use a little pick me up. If your hair is similar to mine, though, I don't see how it could be any good.

on 11/21/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best dry shampoo I've tried so far. It's cheap and it works.

I've tried several scents from bastiste, and this one was what worked the best. It's very white when applied (I have dark hair), but after brushing the hair it's almost gone, and the hair looks nice and not oily. I totally recommend to try it :)

on 11/19/2015 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Batiste is the only affordable dry shampoo that can completely rescue oily hair two or three days after hair washing. I usually apply it once washed hair has become oily, but I will also put it on in advance if I'm going out somewhere where I'll be hot and sweaty to give it texture and help keep it looking good all night.