Batiste Original Dry Shampoo

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
Original Dry ShampooOriginal Dry ShampooBatiste Original Dry Shampoo

3.9

Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Parfume, Limonene, Linanool, Geranol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium, Cetrimonium Chloride

on 8/3/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

this is my first dry shampoo, and i don't think i'll be switching to another dry shampoo anytime soon. i have thick, really dark brown to black hair which gets greasy every now and then (especially now that it's summer). i read good reviews about this and decided to purchase it and im glad i did! i spray not too close to my roots, and it's so so refreshing and cold and this might be an unpopular opinion, but i actually like the scent. i feel so refreshed after this. there is some white residue afterwards, but it goes away after a run through your hair with your hands or a brush. i only use this whenever my hair is greasy or when it's too hot outside that i need a little refreshing, not everyday, so im not sure if this has any negative/positive effects on your hair/scalp if used too much.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HOLY CRAP! Where have you been all my life? I bought this because I don't wash my hair everyday. If I wash my hair everyday, it dries out badly. But I also don't want dirty greasy hair so I have to use some sort of dry shampoo when I don't wash it. I've seen this brand pop out of nowhere this year. I was skeptical at first, because I thought it was just the "trendy" item of 2017. Oh man, when I applied this stuff to my hair... WOW! I was amazed. My hair was greasy before applying the product, but afterwards the greasiness went away and I even had volume to my hair. It's almost like hairspray without the stickiness. It made my hair look so big and voluminous as if I had just finished blow drying it with a round brush. The instructions said to apply a light amount, but I had to apply a large amount since I have thick hair. Don't be afraid to apply more if your hair is thick.

on 7/15/2017 7:47:00 PM

My hair is getting drier as I get older, so I can skip shampooing on the second day more often than before. However, that changed after getting a haircut with bangs (which I'm very happy with! No bangs regret this time). The rest of my hair is usually fine, but my bangs do get oily and it shows. Now I needed to find a way to degrease my bangs on the days I didn't want to wash my whole head of hair.

After reading the dry shampoo reviews on Makeupalley, I decided to try Batiste and wow, I understand the love now! It is like magic! I have dark hair so I used it sparingly, careful to work it in between sprays. No white residue for me. It really worked to degrease my bangs and actually, the hair along my part as well, which was okay but looked and felt a lot better after a spritz.

I'm not in love with the scent, but it doesn't offend me, either. Someone below said it reminded them of bathroom cleaner, which made me laugh and is pretty spot on, actually.

on 3/14/2017 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have brown, 3b curly hair that I straighten with a flat iron. I usually go two weeks between washes because while my roots get oily, the rest of my hair is dry. This dry shampoo leaves a white cast at first, but after rubbing it in, it goes away. The smell is slightly powdery, nothing special but it neutralizes odor very well. It gave my hair a nice texture and I was able to form a polished (but not greasy) ponytail for the day. Also, I used it as a quick fix deodorant and it did the job. I would recommend and now that I've tried it, I'll probably keep using it.

on 3/9/2017 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This dry shampoo is pretty good. The smell is OK. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've smelled worse. I've also smelled better dry shampoo. The price is definitely decent, but I recently noticed that the Dove dry shampoo comes in a larger can than the original batiste can, but cost as much as the travel sized batiste. I have been using it ever since. I can't say anything bad about this one. I used it for a long time. I just prefer the smell of the Dove brand, it works well, and costs less, and doesn't seem as heavy.

on 3/9/2017 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this brand for years, I've tried other cheaper alternatives but I always come back to this one.

I really like the original scent as it's pretty fresh smelling unlike all the other scented ones.

I sometimes use this in my freshly washed hair just to add some texture too.

I'm so glad they came out with the bigger cans because I use this a couple times a week!

on 3/8/2017 10:21:00 PM

Have tried a couple of cheaper drugstore shampoo's and this is by far my favourite, even for my thin hair.

on 3/1/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Really wanted to like this. My hair is fine, and on the long end of short (meaning I needed a cut a month ago), but Batiste didn't work for me, after several attempts. Maybe I wasn't using enough, but I used as much as I could stand before the strong fragrance made me stop.

On the plus side, the fragrance subsides after a few (very strong) minutes, and I didn't have trouble with residue on my dark hair. It's easier to work Batiste into the hair/scalp than it is to use powder (baby or otherwise), but I could have just washed my hair in the time it took me to mess around with this.

Disappointed.

on 9/16/2016 12:59:00 PM

I have tried many different dry shampoos and they have all left my hair feeling grimy and sticky - worse than if I didn't even use it at all! Also, when i slept with it in my hair the residue would end up getting into my eyes and irritate them.

I heard great thing about Batiste and wanted to give it a try since they sold it at Costco for pretty cheap. 2 full size bottles and a mini travel for $12.99 CAD.

First off, I can see why people rave about this product! It's like an instant breath mint for your hair!!! Batiste doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or gross. It leaves my hair feeling as if i never even used dry shampoo!!! My oily, gross 3rd day hair felt immediately refreshed after just a quick spritz of this!!! My hair felt clean and the nice citrus scent did a great job in neutralizing any hair odour I had. I'm trying not to wash my hair every day...and have trained it so that I am able to wash it every over day without it looking like a gross, oily mess. I don't find that this dry shampoo does the best job in absorbing the oils in my hair though. It does refresh it very well and the scent is pleasant, but in terms of actual oil absorption... i don't really notice a difference. Perhaps i'm not using enough?

All in all, I would definitely repurchase this! It's a great alternative to washing my hair at the moment since I just got my brows tattooed. I'm unable to wash my hair for the next few days or so.

on 7/23/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I understand why this is a cult classic: The lightest sweep over the scalp works powerfully and this particular one in the green bottle has a clean - almost laundry detergent - scent which is not a bad way to go in hot weather. It's totally different than the candyish-powdery smell of all the other formulas including the one for Brunettes which can get cloying. The original formula is definitely the favored.

If you have dark hair too, use a light hand & target only the few oiliest zones to avoid looking like you tripped head-first into an ashtray. Following directions by using a boar bristle brush to distribute as the finishing touch is highly recommended.

Yeah - this product is OK in my book