Batiste Original Dry Shampoo

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
Original Dry ShampooOriginal Dry ShampooBatiste Original Dry Shampoo

3.9

Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Parfume, Limonene, Linanool, Geranol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium, Cetrimonium Chloride

on 12/3/2017 1:46:00 AM

This stuff is the greatest. I like the scent (original) and I can't stand strong fragrances. I don't wash my hair everyday because my hair and scalp is dry, but I do tend to get a bit oily or sweaty on my forehead which can make my bangs look greasy. I spray this stuff on a comb and comb it through (especially the roots), then wipe the residue away with a towel. Perfect. It's also good for volumizing your hair - for this purpose I actually spray it on my hands, then turn my head upside down and rub this stuff into the roots and leave it on.

I really hope they never stop making it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has a light baby powder sent that doesn't bother me. I color my naturally dark brunette hair blonde so the slight white cast this gives me is actually really nice for when my roots grow in and look too harsh. I have really flat, thick, heavy hair that is a little above my shoulders with bangs and lots of short layering so without being able to put it up on my really greasy days I would wash daily. Since going blonde I really wanted to cut down on how often I would have to wash my hair and I took the plunge and went a few days without washing while using this in between even though I know people say you should go in gradually with not washing as often. This dry shampoo saved me every day to the point where wearing my hair down and under a suffocating hat at that (since it's so cold this winter and my hair is way too short to even remotely put up in any style) still had my hair looking voluminous and with tons of body. I got a giant can at Ulta that lasts me way longer than the little cans you can get at any other drugstore. Love this stuff.

This is such a holy grail and staple for me and I could not imaging living without it. For reference I have very black hair and very oily scalp and my hair gets really greasy after 24 hours.

Now this dry shampoo does leave a slight white cast - for about 5 minutes. After it gets absorbed into the roots of your hair it disappeared and my hair is full of life again - like I just washed, conditioned, and blowed dried it.

The scent is alright with me - it's a bit powdery but it disappears within 10 minutes so it doesn't interfere with the fragrance I wear later. Really cannot say enough good things about this dry shampoo and if you haven't already tried it I suggest you do.

on 9/10/2017 9:20:00 AM

This is the first aerosol dry shampoo that works really great for me, and I`m talking on Day 4 and 5 hair here. I only bought a small can while I was traveling and had no time to wash my hair, and it made my hair look so good and voluminous that I immediately went back and bought two more cans as back up. (Dry shampoos are few and expensive where I live.) The smell is pretty discreet and nice, there is white cast initially but it goes away after brushing, and this thing WORKS. Will definitely restock when I get a chance.

on 9/7/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

At $7.99, this is a pretty cheap dry shampoo for a relatively large can. The product smells very nice and it helped my hair to instantly feel less greasy. I used it approximately 24+ hours after my last hair wash and while the feel of my hair improved, the effect does not seem to last very long, as my hair quickly began to feel dirty. I do not think I will repurchase this dry shampoo as I need one that works longer than this one did.

on 9/6/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Relatively inexpensive, have a clean fresh smell and makes my hair feels fresh and clean. It does leave some whitish powder which goes away after brush through slightly.

However I feel that the effects don't last long enough, or maybe it's just my country is too hot and humid :(

on 9/6/2017 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my first dry shampoo ever. i've been using it for a few weeks now and it works to absorb the oils in my hair quite well when i use it. i'm gonna try other dry shampoo available out there so i wont be repurchasing it for a while. but i like it.

on 8/3/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

this is my first dry shampoo, and i don't think i'll be switching to another dry shampoo anytime soon. i have thick, really dark brown to black hair which gets greasy every now and then (especially now that it's summer). i read good reviews about this and decided to purchase it and im glad i did! i spray not too close to my roots, and it's so so refreshing and cold and this might be an unpopular opinion, but i actually like the scent. i feel so refreshed after this. there is some white residue afterwards, but it goes away after a run through your hair with your hands or a brush. i only use this whenever my hair is greasy or when it's too hot outside that i need a little refreshing, not everyday, so im not sure if this has any negative/positive effects on your hair/scalp if used too much.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HOLY CRAP! Where have you been all my life? I bought this because I don't wash my hair everyday. If I wash my hair everyday, it dries out badly. But I also don't want dirty greasy hair so I have to use some sort of dry shampoo when I don't wash it. I've seen this brand pop out of nowhere this year. I was skeptical at first, because I thought it was just the "trendy" item of 2017. Oh man, when I applied this stuff to my hair... WOW! I was amazed. My hair was greasy before applying the product, but afterwards the greasiness went away and I even had volume to my hair. It's almost like hairspray without the stickiness. It made my hair look so big and voluminous as if I had just finished blow drying it with a round brush. The instructions said to apply a light amount, but I had to apply a large amount since I have thick hair. Don't be afraid to apply more if your hair is thick.

on 7/15/2017 7:47:00 PM

My hair is getting drier as I get older, so I can skip shampooing on the second day more often than before. However, that changed after getting a haircut with bangs (which I'm very happy with! No bangs regret this time). The rest of my hair is usually fine, but my bangs do get oily and it shows. Now I needed to find a way to degrease my bangs on the days I didn't want to wash my whole head of hair.

After reading the dry shampoo reviews on Makeupalley, I decided to try Batiste and wow, I understand the love now! It is like magic! I have dark hair so I used it sparingly, careful to work it in between sprays. No white residue for me. It really worked to degrease my bangs and actually, the hair along my part as well, which was okay but looked and felt a lot better after a spritz.

I'm not in love with the scent, but it doesn't offend me, either. Someone below said it reminded them of bathroom cleaner, which made me laugh and is pretty spot on, actually.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo