Batiste Dry Shampoo

Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 8/24/2017 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Best dry shampoo for the price, I can always find this at TJ Max/Marshall's for $5. Scents smell nice but not too overwhelming or lingering, I like Original the best. Cleans hair without leaving much whiteness or residue.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Favorite dry shampoo ever!! It took me a while to find a great dry shampoo, but this stuff has definitely won. There's so many options for scents & the ones I've tried all smell lovely. They're not too strong & the smell doesn't really linger after a few hours, which I like. I wash my hair 1-3 times a week & this stuff is what gets me by! It does an awesome job soaking up the oils. It also leaves my hair looking clean, not to mention it adds some amazing volume. Sometimes (if I'm not too lazy), I'll apply this to my roots then use a blowdryer and use my fingers to evenly disperse the product & add more volume. Overall, a great dry shampoo for a great price. I have super dark black hair & it does leave some white cast but run your fingers through it a few times and it's gone! Love this stuff.

on 8/13/2017 11:03:00 AM

Me: Extremely oily scalp, fine hair and lots of it, medium brunette color, straight, but with a tendency to "slightly wave" at the ends.

Short version: This is the best dry shampoo on the market, hands down. Don't make the same mistake I did - trying everything BUT this. This is what I should have started with.

Long version: Sometimes, there really is a reason one product on the market embodies an entire category. When people think dry shampoo, they immediately think "batiste" because it's so talked about. Batiste is the top name in dry shampoo because it really is the most effective, easily accessible one on the market. You know how people say "Kleenex" for tissue and "Q-Tip" for cotton swab? I can see "batiste" being used as an universal name for all dry shampoo one day... that's how good this stuff is!

However, I skipped over trying this for years because I believed that if it was pushed that much, that it probably can't be *that* good. Maybelline Great Lash comes to mind...

Dry shampoos I have tried:
Drybar detox and triple sec
Amika Perk up
Dove
Suave
Herbal Essences
Living Proof
Klorane
BAMBOO cleanse extend
That sally hershberger one
Bumble and Bumble and SheaMoisture during my "powder D.S.phase" when I was trying to go alcohol-free with my hair products (turns out my hair gets breaky and damagey no matter what products I use or how little I heat style).
...and probably some others I am forgetting
Oh, and regular old corn starch, baking soda, etc whatever people use to avoid buying dry shampoo...

Now, for the batiste, I buy the Cherry scent. I like fruit scents, so this is a fantastic scent for me. They have a number of scents to try. I have medium brunette hair, and don't experience any trouble with white residue making me look gray. Probably because my mega oily hair is completely absorbing the stuff! I think if you're seeing white with this, you might be using too much or you're spraying waaaaaay too close to your scalp! Pull it away a little, cause this stuff travels and distributes beautifully from over ten inches away!

Price is great for the amount you get. I have seen $20 and up dry shampoos have as little 3 or 4 ounces of product! This should run you no more than $8 and you get nearly 7 ounces. I've seen it cheaper than $8, too.

on 8/7/2017 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Holy grail product. I live my life by this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best! I've turned so many people on to this dry shampoo. It's the only one that works and makes hair feel clean for days without actually washing it. Love it forever!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't want to be one of those people spreading horror stories, but I think Batiste does the job a little too well on non-oily scalps. We all know that dry shampoo works by absorbing oil from the scalp and the roots of the hair, allowing us to go for days without shampooing. Batiste is the Dyson vacuum of dry shampoos, though, because it sucks up so much oil. If you have an oily scalp then you'll find this to be a positive, but I did not. I had read about dry shampoo causing hair loss, but I just laughed as I applied even more Batiste to my scalp because of course that wouldn't happen to me. I was wrong. Because my hair is fine and my scalp is not oily, Batiste (the only dry shampoo I used for about six months) dried out my hair follicles as well, leading to hair loss. I noticed in late spring of 2016 that I was losing more hair when I did shampoo, but I shrugged it off and figured it would taper off. However, it did not slow down, and in fact it got worse as summer approached. Since it was hot, I was wearing my hair up in a ponytail, and it seemed like my hairline was getting thinner. I also noticed a change in the quality of my hair; it was so dry and it felt brittle no matter what I did to it. It is important to note that I am NOT one of those people who goes four or five or six days between shampoos. I have fine hair, so I still need to shampoo every other day, and I was using Batiste on the odd days when I did not shampoo. I wasn't using more than necessary, I wasn't abusing the product, and I wasn't neglecting to moisturize when I did wash my hair. Once it finally dawned on me that it was the dry shampoo I cut the Batiste out of my routine and I didn't use any dry shampoo for over two months. Within just a few days to maybe a week of cutting out the Batiste, I noticed that the hair loss slowed down, so I knew then that it was definitely that dry shampoo that did the damage. Since this is a product that is meant to be applied on or near the scalp, I know that I was using it properly and that it just did its job a little too well. Since I stopped the excessive hair loss and it has begun to grow back, I do use other dry shampoos that aren't as powdery-feeling to me. I like Psssst, which is much lighter in texture compared to Batiste, and I have not had any problems with hair loss using that product. (I still follow the same schedule, washing and conditioning every other day and using dry shampoo on the odd days.) My advice is use this at your own risk and make sure that when you're washing that you're paying close attention to the moisture levels of your scalp.

I really love how it makes my hair look, it gives it the perfect volume and texture and the smell is great. The only reason I wouldn´t buy it again is because it makes my scalp itch sooo so bad :(

on 5/25/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought this on sale to try it out seeing as it's pretty popular. I got the "blush" scent.
I have short, dyed red/orange hair that's shaved underneath and pretty light in color I didn't have any trouble with a stubborn white cast. I could use it a few days in a row without it seriously weighing down my hair. My two main problems with this product were the scent, and the size of the bottle.
The scent hung in the air really heavily, and reminded me strongly of a cheap carpet deodorizer I used to own. It smells like the typical "old women's evening perfume" in my opinion.

It's possible that I used a lot of product at a time, but seeing as I don't have that much hair I used this up a lot faster than I expected. If I could give this 3.5 lippies I would, but overall I'd fall back on it if I don't find something better for a reasonable price.

on 5/18/2017 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really don't get the hype. it leaves my hair very dry and uneasy to style

on 5/16/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The Dark and deep brown gets all over my hands and shirt after using! Does this happen to anyone else? I also find that it is difficult to wash away. It drys my hair out. It is cheap and a good price yes, but I won't be buying again :( Disappointed

Video Reviews & Tutorials