Batiste Dry Shampoo

Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't want to be one of those people spreading horror stories, but I think Batiste does the job a little too well on non-oily scalps. We all know that dry shampoo works by absorbing oil from the scalp and the roots of the hair, allowing us to go for days without shampooing. Batiste is the Dyson vacuum of dry shampoos, though, because it sucks up so much oil. If you have an oily scalp then you'll find this to be a positive, but I did not. I had read about dry shampoo causing hair loss, but I just laughed as I applied even more Batiste to my scalp because of course that wouldn't happen to me. I was wrong. Because my hair is fine and my scalp is not oily, Batiste (the only dry shampoo I used for about six months) dried out my hair follicles as well, leading to hair loss. I noticed in late spring of 2016 that I was losing more hair when I did shampoo, but I shrugged it off and figured it would taper off. However, it did not slow down, and in fact it got worse as summer approached. Since it was hot, I was wearing my hair up in a ponytail, and it seemed like my hairline was getting thinner. I also noticed a change in the quality of my hair; it was so dry and it felt brittle no matter what I did to it. It is important to note that I am NOT one of those people who goes four or five or six days between shampoos. I have fine hair, so I still need to shampoo every other day, and I was using Batiste on the odd days when I did not shampoo. I wasn't using more than necessary, I wasn't abusing the product, and I wasn't neglecting to moisturize when I did wash my hair. Once it finally dawned on me that it was the dry shampoo I cut the Batiste out of my routine and I didn't use any dry shampoo for over two months. Within just a few days to maybe a week of cutting out the Batiste, I noticed that the hair loss slowed down, so I knew then that it was definitely that dry shampoo that did the damage. Since this is a product that is meant to be applied on or near the scalp, I know that I was using it properly and that it just did its job a little too well. Since I stopped the excessive hair loss and it has begun to grow back, I do use other dry shampoos that aren't as powdery-feeling to me. I like Psssst, which is much lighter in texture compared to Batiste, and I have not had any problems with hair loss using that product. (I still follow the same schedule, washing and conditioning every other day and using dry shampoo on the odd days.) My advice is use this at your own risk and make sure that when you're washing that you're paying close attention to the moisture levels of your scalp.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best! I've turned so many people on to this dry shampoo. It's the only one that works and makes hair feel clean for days without actually washing it. Love it forever!

on 5/25/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought this on sale to try it out seeing as it's pretty popular. I got the "blush" scent.
I have short, dyed red/orange hair that's shaved underneath and pretty light in color I didn't have any trouble with a stubborn white cast. I could use it a few days in a row without it seriously weighing down my hair. My two main problems with this product were the scent, and the size of the bottle.
The scent hung in the air really heavily, and reminded me strongly of a cheap carpet deodorizer I used to own. It smells like the typical "old women's evening perfume" in my opinion.

It's possible that I used a lot of product at a time, but seeing as I don't have that much hair I used this up a lot faster than I expected. If I could give this 3.5 lippies I would, but overall I'd fall back on it if I don't find something better for a reasonable price.

on 5/18/2017 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really don't get the hype. it leaves my hair very dry and uneasy to style

on 5/16/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The Dark and deep brown gets all over my hands and shirt after using! Does this happen to anyone else? I also find that it is difficult to wash away. It drys my hair out. It is cheap and a good price yes, but I won't be buying again :( Disappointed

I really love how it makes my hair look, it gives it the perfect volume and texture and the smell is great. The only reason I wouldn´t buy it again is because it makes my scalp itch sooo so bad :(

on 5/9/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

literally the only dry shampoo I have used that works for my thick wavy hair. the only con is the floral scented one which is my favourite leaves little white specs. Will still use because it's amazing obviously but I'm definitely going to try the one for brown hair.

on 4/25/2017 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have tried all from HE to the cheapest stuff, sprays to powders

This is the best. I love the scent, fast spray, ease of use

Best of all its drugstore, not the cheapest (yeah, I tried them too), but you can buy one get one half off at times

on 4/20/2017 6:44:00 PM

I try to not use dry shampoo too often as it is not good for the skin and hair roots. But when I need to I always go for Batiste and it never disappoints me. After using it my hair looks great, fresh and has extra volume and nice smell. However the smell might be a bit too strong for someone, but there are so many options that everyone can find the right batiste for themselves.

Love it and used many many bottles over the past years.

on 4/6/2017 10:45:00 PM

i feel like its mostly air.... corn starch works better for me

Video Reviews & Tutorials