Batiste Dry Shampoo

Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 2/24/2017 4:07:00 PM

I am so glad I finally looked up dry shampoos on makeupalley! I used (and finished) 4 other brands before this, and I thought that I just hated dry shampoo. The only thing is that it does leave a slightly chalky residue, but I have dirty blonde hair so I can barely see it. It makes your roots so soft and voluminous, I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had pretty much given up on dry shampoo (spray...some powders are decent) but I happened upon a travel size of this (original scent) and gave it a try.
Because of my disappointment with dry shampoo sprays in general, it took me a second to realize that this stuff is actually great... THIS is what I'm talkin' about! Absorbs oil, rejuvenates hair, providing body and bounce.
Now that I know it's possible to make a decent product like this I'm even more pissed off about all the duds I got stuck with.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a bad mamajama. On days where I'm trying NOT to wash my hair I spray my roots with this and it takes the gym funkiness out of my hair. I've been using this for about a year and I like it better than PANTENE dry shampoo because it doesn't give me that 5:30 itch the way that the pantene does. This is a winner for me.

on 2/21/2017 10:04:00 PM

Great dry shampoo! I have tried a few different scents, most a very appealing. I have also tried the brown haired dry shampoo, like this the best as it does not leave a grey dull color to hair as some of the others do. That being said the brown one did cause some pimples at the back of my scalp with excessive use (3+ days). Will continue to repurchase, great price and common to find now at any pharmacy or Winners.

on 2/12/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried around 4-5 brands of dry shampoo, but nothing beats Batiste. They are just the best. I have very oily scalp, but I am aware that washing your hair frequently is not only bad for your hair, but it will make it more oily. So, my hair looks decent for a day or two, but then it becomes an oily mess...and then I spray a bit of Batiste on my roots! It instantly becomes less oily, but it doesn't look like I sprayed something, like with the other dry shampoos. It is not clear, but when you brush it through hair, It doesn't leave a white cast. Smell's just right...not to strong, but enough for people to think you have washed your hair with great shampoo ;) .

Sooo...
Pros:
Affordable
No white cast after brushing your hair
Great smell
Reduces the oily apparence

Cons:
None

on 1/20/2017 4:43:00 PM

I fell for all of the hype and bought this. It works to make you look less greasy (if you leave it on for a few minutes before brushing it out), but it makes my scalp itch.

I only use sulfate free shampoo these days with little to no fragrance. I've become more sensitive to harsh chemicals and fragrances.

Maybe I just can't use dry shampoo? Corn starch works okay for me, but I'm still searching for the perfect solution.

Please visit my notepad for $10 off Paula's Choice and discounts at a few clothing retailers.

on 1/15/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really do not understand the love for this dry shampoo. Right after I use it my hair only feels moderately refreshed and then by the end of the day it's about twice as greasy as it usually is. Batiste was the first dry shampoo I tried. I now use the Klorane dry shampoo with much better results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

My first dry shampoo. Obviously I consequently cannot compare it to other dry shampoos, but my experiences with this one have been very good so far.

I wear this on days when my hair's super oily and showering right now isn't feasible. I have shoulder length hair and after using it about ten times over a month long period, I still have about half of a full sized can left. Not bad considering that I seem to use up aerosol products within a use or two most of the time. If I follow the can's directions then I seldom get huge white spots in my red hair. Even then I can very easily finger comb and brush my hair to evenly distribute product.

I was surprised that my hair really does get added volume and looks like I washed it that day whenever I've used this. Five minutes was all it took, too! Why didn't I try this stuff in college? The only thing is that if my hair is oilier than a fast food grease trap that I'll need to reapply again later in the day. But hey, I'm washing it later that night anyway. Can I really complain?

(Okay, I don't like the smell of the original scent, but I can live with it. Nothing that perfume or body spray can cover up. But besides that, it's a truly fine product.)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this dry shampoo!! It gives my hair body and shine with out drying it out or making it poofy. Though I have never used another brand of dry shampoo before. It absorbs all of the oils though my hair doesn't get that oily. I love all of the different scents too!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my favourite dry shampoo I have used yet. When you first use it, it does leave a sticky texture on your hair but after brushing it out your hair looks and feels way less greasy. I have dark hair so this does leave a white shadow but after brushing and styling my hair, that is also gone. Overall my hair looks, feels and smells great after using this dry shampoo