OPI Nail Envy - Original

OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Prefer the matte version but I love this as a chronic nail biter it makes my nails thick and strong, which reminds me not to bite them!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

PERFECT FOR NAIL BITERS!!! I’ve been biting my nails for as far as I can remember. The biggest issue I have is waiting for my nails to grow out, then I don’t feel the need to bite them anymore. This product speeds up the growth process so much!!!! It’s a perfect base coat for your polishes as well and is amazing if you just want something on your nails to keep them from breaking. I’ve purchased this product over and over and will continue to use this.

on 11/4/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Loving it. Only my second day but it still worked- woot woot. Did two coats last night & one more today- was supposed to skip a day but still did it :) My nails are very thin & soft. The ongoing splitting & peeling obviously made it impossible to grow them nicely. Opi Envy already made them feel nice :)

on 10/22/2017 6:48:00 PM

Love this, I used to bite my nails and nothing I did helped.
I ended up down the route of acrylics to stop me biting which was great until I wanted them off and bit them off myself and damaging my nails
A friend told me about nail envy so I gave it a try, worked wonders and my nails felt and looked healthier.
I would definitely recommend this product.

on 8/8/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the worst peely, thin nails. I could never grow them out until now. I was skeptical, but this product really works! In the last three weeks, wearing it every day and reapplying after 4 days, my nails are super long, haven't peeled and are actually harder. I am super super impressed!

This was good, yeah. But way to expensive. My nails grew fast, and it was good. I went thorough 2 whole bottles of this in 2016. I don't know why. After a month of consistint use it would get gloopy and unusable halfway through the botttle. If you want long nails, the best way to do this is to drink your water, take your biotin, and oil nails with a natural oil(olive oil) 6 times a day. I don't remember where, but while doing research on nail growth, this women said she put a natural oil on her nails a lot for about 3 days and it helps nails tremendously. And it does. Trust me, natural tips like this will work so much better than opi. If you want to grow nails with a nail strengthener, so be it, but if your not rich, spend your money on something more affordable. Trust me, I've wasted way too much money that I don't have on this and other products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So my nails always constantly break, and wearing nail polish seemed to be pointless. But when I started using this a few times, my nails are ROCK HARD sharp. I mean literally feel like false nails, haven't broke yet, just keep growing. Even after I had a fight and scratched my boyfriends back! They didn't break which really surprised me. Proof is in OPI nail envy!

on 5/5/2017 8:08:00 PM

YES, YES, YES! This product works, and I LOVE it! My nails aren't super weak, but they are naturally not strong either. After removing my gel nails(I usually don't do gel/acrylics, but had a little nail crisis), they were severely weakened and brittle. The few times I've had my nails done, they have broken one by one after removal. So, I wanted for once to try a nail strengthening product, even though I was skeptical and didn't really believe the whole concept. Well, I was wrong. I kept on applying the product, and just after a week, when all my nails normally would have broken, none broke and they were STRONG! Yes, I could barely believe it myself. I applied more layers and more often than recommended on the package, but it worked!!!

The product is quite expensive(I paid more than $30 for it), but it turned out to be worth every penny. Highly recommended!

I personally love this product. I have used every strengthened known to man on my poor, soft, thin, weak and just down right crappy nails and Nail Envy is my fairy godmother. I have read a lot of reviews about how it did nothing for some people and I think that may possibly be from using it incorrectly??
You need to religiously apply this treatment every second day for a week, then remove and start again. You will probably start seeing results within your second week.
Be brave, as it is a clear treatment so if you're like me, it's initially very hard to wrap your head around bare nails for all this time but I promise, it will be so worth it.
I have probably bought over a dozen bottles of this stuff (including the color variations) and I will continue to do so because this, a little cuticle oil and some hand cream = fabulous nails!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I find it extremely difficult to grow my nails. I naturally have soft, thin, weak, bendy nails which crack at the sides on the nail bed (painful) split and break off. I use nail strengtheners and when things get bad I reinforce and repair the weaker nails with silk wraps.

Don't fall for the hype, unless you have pots of money to waste and love the brand. Performance is average and its not as healthy or as easy to use as other brands.

- Thicker formula takes much longer to dry than other strengtheners and slows down the overall drying time as well.. Adds an extra 10 minutes to my routine :(

- Takes longer to apply than other brands. Brush is too round and doesn't fan out properly. It gloops too much product near the sides and is hard to place evenly near the cuticles.

- Contains Camphor. One of the "big nasty" chemicals that almost every other brand has managed to remove.

- Contains wheat protein, good for many people but best avoided if you're sensitive to gluten (at the very least, leave a gap so it doesn't come in contact with your cuticles and don't put your fingers in your mouth for any reason)

- Overpriced for what it does. US $40 in my country, or $20 for older expiring bottles online.

I've got this as a gift and was happy to use it as it works adequate. I will buy a cheaper brand when its finished. Like Sally Hansen, Essie ect. Basically any standard nail strengthener containing the ingredient "formaldehyde resin" or "Tosylamide resin" will harden the nails. Great for hardening soft, bendy nails, but if you already have hard nails skip this ingredient and look for moisturising or maintenance formulas. (Resin makes already hard nails TOO hard. Makes them dry, brittle and then they start chipping and snapping off)

Popular Treatments