OPI Nail Envy - Original

OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/4/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Loving it. Only my second day but it still worked- woot woot. Did two coats last night & one more today- was supposed to skip a day but still did it :) My nails are very thin & soft. The ongoing splitting & peeling obviously made it impossible to grow them nicely. Opi Envy already made them feel nice :)

on 10/22/2017 6:48:00 PM

Love this, I used to bite my nails and nothing I did helped.
I ended up down the route of acrylics to stop me biting which was great until I wanted them off and bit them off myself and damaging my nails
A friend told me about nail envy so I gave it a try, worked wonders and my nails felt and looked healthier.
I would definitely recommend this product.

on 8/8/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the worst peely, thin nails. I could never grow them out until now. I was skeptical, but this product really works! In the last three weeks, wearing it every day and reapplying after 4 days, my nails are super long, haven't peeled and are actually harder. I am super super impressed!

This was good, yeah. But way to expensive. My nails grew fast, and it was good. I went thorough 2 whole bottles of this in 2016. I don't know why. After a month of consistint use it would get gloopy and unusable halfway through the botttle. If you want long nails, the best way to do this is to drink your water, take your biotin, and oil nails with a natural oil(olive oil) 6 times a day. I don't remember where, but while doing research on nail growth, this women said she put a natural oil on her nails a lot for about 3 days and it helps nails tremendously. And it does. Trust me, natural tips like this will work so much better than opi. If you want to grow nails with a nail strengthener, so be it, but if your not rich, spend your money on something more affordable. Trust me, I've wasted way too much money that I don't have on this and other products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So my nails always constantly break, and wearing nail polish seemed to be pointless. But when I started using this a few times, my nails are ROCK HARD sharp. I mean literally feel like false nails, haven't broke yet, just keep growing. Even after I had a fight and scratched my boyfriends back! They didn't break which really surprised me. Proof is in OPI nail envy!

on 5/5/2017 8:08:00 PM

YES, YES, YES! This product works, and I LOVE it! My nails aren't super weak, but they are naturally not strong either. After removing my gel nails(I usually don't do gel/acrylics, but had a little nail crisis), they were severely weakened and brittle. The few times I've had my nails done, they have broken one by one after removal. So, I wanted for once to try a nail strengthening product, even though I was skeptical and didn't really believe the whole concept. Well, I was wrong. I kept on applying the product, and just after a week, when all my nails normally would have broken, none broke and they were STRONG! Yes, I could barely believe it myself. I applied more layers and more often than recommended on the package, but it worked!!!

The product is quite expensive(I paid more than $30 for it), but it turned out to be worth every penny. Highly recommended!

I personally love this product. I have used every strengthened known to man on my poor, soft, thin, weak and just down right crappy nails and Nail Envy is my fairy godmother. I have read a lot of reviews about how it did nothing for some people and I think that may possibly be from using it incorrectly??
You need to religiously apply this treatment every second day for a week, then remove and start again. You will probably start seeing results within your second week.
Be brave, as it is a clear treatment so if you're like me, it's initially very hard to wrap your head around bare nails for all this time but I promise, it will be so worth it.
I have probably bought over a dozen bottles of this stuff (including the color variations) and I will continue to do so because this, a little cuticle oil and some hand cream = fabulous nails!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I find it extremely difficult to grow my nails. I naturally have soft, thin, weak, bendy nails which crack at the sides on the nail bed (painful) split and break off. I use nail strengtheners and when things get bad I reinforce and repair the weaker nails with silk wraps.

Don't fall for the hype, unless you have pots of money to waste and love the brand. Performance is average and its not as healthy or as easy to use as other brands.

- Thicker formula takes much longer to dry than other strengtheners and slows down the overall drying time as well.. Adds an extra 10 minutes to my routine :(

- Takes longer to apply than other brands. Brush is too round and doesn't fan out properly. It gloops too much product near the sides and is hard to place evenly near the cuticles.

- Contains Camphor. One of the "big nasty" chemicals that almost every other brand has managed to remove.

- Contains wheat protein, good for many people but best avoided if you're sensitive to gluten (at the very least, leave a gap so it doesn't come in contact with your cuticles and don't put your fingers in your mouth for any reason)

- Overpriced for what it does. US $40 in my country, or $20 for older expiring bottles online.

I've got this as a gift and was happy to use it as it works adequate. I will buy a cheaper brand when its finished. Like Sally Hansen, Essie ect. Basically any standard nail strengthener containing the ingredient "formaldehyde resin" or "Tosylamide resin" will harden the nails. Great for hardening soft, bendy nails, but if you already have hard nails skip this ingredient and look for moisturising or maintenance formulas. (Resin makes already hard nails TOO hard. Makes them dry, brittle and then they start chipping and snapping off)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

As a reformed nail biter (slaps wrist) I needed help to grow my nails. They were so brittle and weak, that they'd snap as soon as I managed to grow them to a neat and paintable length. Say hello to one of my beauty must-haves; Nail Envy - this classic formula was the one that first added strength to my nails and helped me grow my nails. You simply paint a layer of it on your nails every other day, and the formula strengthens nails, plus I think that it helps my nails grow a bit faster too.

Once your nails are stronger and longer [about three weeks for me], you don't throw this into a drawer and forget about it, oh no. Day to day lifting, carrying, cooking, and cleaning means that your nails will never stop needing that protective barrier. This is perfect to use alone for a glossy finish, but my favourite way to wear it is as a base coat - I've found it to prevent any staining after I used dark polish.

I've tried out loads of different topcoats, from every price range, over the years, with varying degrees of success. One day I used my Nail Envy (the bottle was within reach, whilst my usual topcoat was in a drawer). The formula does not affect the colour of my polish, adds a nice shine, and my mani lasted for four days chip free (I use a self powered wheelchair). For me, this is a great result.

When I first saw the price I thought that Nail Envy was expensive to the point of being overpriced, but when I considered that not only is it a highly effective strengthener, but it also makes a very good basecoat and topcoat, all in one product, then the price becomes very reasonable. I've gone through half a dozen bottles over the years, and will continue to buy it as - although OPI are prone to messing around with their classic product formulas - Nail Envy is as great as it was the first time I used it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Yep, worth it.

I have had very average nails all my life (moderately strong and moderately fast growing, but would suffer damage/breakage from hard impact). I typically kept them short, i.e. a few mm above the finger, because any longer than that, I would be risking unsightly unevenness from breakage. I have now quit dairy and my poor nails have been peeling and breaking uncontrollably, and are unusually thin, with much slower growth :(

I have had bad luck with nail strengtheners from other brands, so I just don't think highly of strengtheners as a concept. The reviews here and elsewhere had me thinking this product would work MIRACLES.

I would say that Nail Envy is a strengthener that does the job. It is not miraculous, and my nails are not hard as nails (ha ha), but it has restored my nails to a moderate strength (I can tap them on a table without damage) and has helped me retain length (now approaching a full cm above the finger, they're almost too long for me).

When I follow the instructions (2 coats at the wknd and then a coat every other day for a week), they end up TOO hard, that is, they won't bend at all, meaning they can crack from impact. I find that the best regime for me has been to apply 2 coats at the weekend of both Nail Envy and my colour polish (in that order), and then one coat of each on Wednesday (in reverse order), and then re-do at the weekend. This gives me sturdy but flexible nails, i.e. not abnormally hard or brittle.

MAKE SURE you apply a swipe across the rim of the nail if peeling is a problem for you. This REALLY helps!

Overall, the best strengthener I've tried, mainly because the others did exactly NOTHING for me haha

p.s. The OPI brush is the best brush in the game.

Popular Treatments