Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

4.1

Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It works, but it's awful.

Pros:
- easy to use
- very convenient packaging
- fast and efficient

Cons:
- in a long run (I used it several times) it managed to damage and insanely dehydrate my nails. How I use it: apply it on one hand, let it sit for 30 sec, push cuticle back with wooden stick, wipe it off, cut a bit of cuticle if needed and wash my hands. It takes about 2 minutes top. After I do the same on another hand and I'm done. After couple of weeks of use both my nails and my toenails were severely dehydrated and cracking. I've had a brake from this for about a month. It all came back to normal, but last week I used it again and I'm back to disaster. I want to cry...

It's awful, I never buy it again.

I love this product - and am super bummed that it isn't available in Australia. It is super effective and I haven't been able to find anything else that works as well.

on 12/4/2016 12:52:00 AM

This is for anyone with super stubborn, glued down, excessively overgrown cuticles. Apply a tiny dot to each cuticle, wait a minute, gently push them back, gently scrape the now loosened cuticle gunk off, rinse your hands and watch the magic happen. After neglecting my nails for weeks I decided to bring in some heavy artillery. After using it twice one week apart my cuticles went from overgrown and messy to neat and tidy.

I tried this only because I couldn't find my CND cuticle eraser- and honestly this works much faster and better. Remember, a little goes a long way and it works fast, do one hand at a time, and wash it off.

This works much more efficiently than most salon products i have tried, and definitely better than the product my nail tech was using when she did my gels. It always seemed like she couldn't get all of it off the plate, causing lifting. And for the price, it's a steal. I do wish the packaging was better. The bottle squeezes easily which is nice, but a finer, more precise tip would make application better so you don't accidentally flood your nail. You really only want to remove the gunk stuck on your nail plate, not your eponychium.

on 11/22/2016 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

You apply to cuticles, wait 30 or so seconds and grab a cuticle pusher/orangewood stick and push back cuticles, removing any dry, dead bits in the process. Supplement with some sort of cuticle oil and your cuticles should be lush as. For some reason this is a pain to get in Australia.

I don't like that it has parabens but I wash it off so it's not a big deal. I've on,y used it once and maybe I needed to use a cuticle pusher . It did make a difference though. I left it on for 30 seconds or so and tried to push with a q tip. I'll try the cuticle pusher next time. I notice I can do my own plain manicures if I use a metal file and This product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is great for softening the cuticles and if I take the time, my nails almost look like they've been done at a salon.
My cuticles tend to grow rather quickly and can get gnarly (I'm a recovering nail biter) and this stuff makes them look decent. I use those wooden sticks to push back my cuticles and once I'm done, I'll massage the rest on my nails.

A definitely repurchase for my DIY nail grooming.

on 12/13/2015 11:26:00 PM

Wish I could post the before and after picture with this product. Truly impressed. My cuticles have never looked better! Left it on longer than a minute because I couldn't clean them up that quick but nothing happened. No sensitivity. Got rid of those horrible dry cuticles and hang nails. Now my nail HG.

This stuff is holy grail for me. Really amazing stuff. I do personally leave it on slightly longer than the bottle says, maybe 30-45 seconds longer. It softens them so nicely to where I can easily push them back and then clip the excess if I need to. Makes my nail bed look super clean and tidy. Highly recommend this stuff!

on 5/31/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love this! I only recently got my first ever gel manicure and my cuticles looked SO amazing, so I wanted to start being more diligent about cleaning them up. I bought this for around $6 at Ulta and have been loving it! It works incredibly quickly and I just gently push back the dead cuticle skin with a metal cuticle pusher. I was also scared of the instructions (max. 1 minute on your nails) but everything worked out fine. Would recommend!

The best cuticle remover!! Works great

Popular Treatments