Philip Kingsley itchy flaky scalp shampoo

No Image

3.8

Aqua (water), tea-lauryl sulfate, lauryl betaine, cocamide dea, glycerin, piroctone olamine, benzyl alcohol, parfum (fragrance), methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride

on 12/23/2016 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Cleans the hair really well without drying and prevents dandruff (I have relaxed hair and an oily scalp).

on 8/22/2016 10:16:00 AM

What a life saver!

I've been suffering from dry and flaky scalp for a number of years without ever realising that it was dry scalp. I thought it was a bit of dandruff so I was using PK moisturizing line along with some anti dandruff shampoo I would read reviews about. Then I tried PK scalp masks and hair tonics to try and resolve the problem but it did nothing.

I took the plunge and bought the 1000ml of this and can say that it has worked wonders for me! I only wash my hair once a week (out of pure laziness) and when I do, I do two rounds with this shampoo and follow up with the moisturising conditioner and thank goodness there's no more dry scalp now. And the scalp feels clean whereas before I would feel there was just buildup of dead skin flakes. My actually hair is even much shiner. I'm not sure if that's just the conditioner. FYI - I have never dyed my hair and it gets blown dry every 8-10 weeks when I see my hairdresser.

Would recommend this if you have started suffering from dry/flaky scalp.

on 2/22/2016 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i have a specific problem with itchy scalp and i cannot use every shampoo on the market, certainly not in mass market with full of SLS. this is one of the non medical shampoos that i am still using. its a plus that im able to use this as i cant use almost anything so i can suggest this one. on the other hand, it is quite expensive. im still looking for alternatives

on 3/17/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product for my teenage daughter as she was suffering from really bad flaky scalp. We had tried Head &Shoulders, T-gel and E45 and none of them touched it! This shampoo is the only one that worked and when she stopped using it the flakiness came back so it's a product that has to stay in our bathroom now. My only gripe is the price but if you buy the 1000ml bottle it works out cheaper in the long run!

on 11/29/2014 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Ugh! My hair gets way too greasy for this. I reckon it's for those that have a dry, itchy scalp e.g. eczema. Texture and smell are ok but it doesn't clean thoroughly at all. After a few uses l had massive build up and greasiness which led to more itching. I wish companies would wake up to the fact that lots of people have itchiness caused by oily scalp and manufacture products accordingly.
This stuff couldn't even clean my BM fdn brush - had to use a different 'poo in the end.

I absolutely hated this product. If I could give it zero lippies I totally would.
My scalp is extremely sensitive- after years of neglecting (oh dear) I finally started to wash my hair properly, etc. (Trust me, a lot of people don't wash their hair properly.)

I was extremely desperate back then and thought I'd give this ago.
But gosh, it was awful. After I washed my hair (properly, mind you) my scalp felt extremely dry, and I had a fair amount of flakes on my hair. I then followed up with the scalp tonic by the same brand- which by the way. WAS HORRID! It did nothing for me compared to the one that my GP had prescribed for me (the reason why i brought it was, I felt that my scalp may be getting too used to that product, and felt the need to switch; and boy was I wrong.)

If your scalp is sensitive as mine is, I really don't recommend you use this.
I ended up saving up for Aveda's moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. IT'S HEAVENLY! I shall be writing a separate review on it. In a nutshell: after a few washes, my dry scalp cleared, my flakes cleared, and the conditioner is a bliss to use. It's very easy to wash off (which is great for people like me who aren't used to using heavy conditioners) Word of caution though-- Aveda's moisturiziing shampoo may weigh your hair down, so I suggest you use a clarifying shampoo every week to balance it out. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Expensive shampoo, but worth every cent. I've been using this shampoo for years, and always get the salon size. Over the years, I've dabbled in other anti-dandruff/anti-itch shampoos, but always come back to this!! Has a faint apple scent, and doesn't strip the hair of color, which is a plus. Doubles up as a very gentle cleansing shampoo as well, so great to remove product buildup with.The older versions used to be thicker and you have to use more to lather up, but the newer versions are runnier in consistency and an absolute pleasure to use. I used to have a really flaky scalp, and the flakes were very big pieces and using this shampoo over time has cured me of this! Thank you PK!

on 12/12/2009 6:39:00 PM

It's the only thing that's helped me. I periodically switch to cheaper shampoos and the itch comes back. It works

on 3/29/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be a HG for me but as with all scalp condition shampoos after a while (if you don't rotate them) they stop working. This was ok as long as i used it with the scalp tonic for Itchy scalp. It did more for the itching than the flakes - both contain pirotone olamine. Since then I have found L'orel anti-dandruff with salanium sulphide does a much better job and costs a fraction of the price, however it does strip your hair colour a bit whereas the PK is safe for coloured hair. I do still use this now and then but I don't think I would buy it again.

Packaging isn't overly appealing, and its expensive! But, it has helped y sensitive itchy sore scalp, and nothing else i have tried has helped. Smells nice, light scent of apples, and leaves my hair soft and shiny.
Been using it for about a year now, and each time i try a different shampoo mu scalp gets bad again, so i am sticking to this even though its very expensive.