CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Nice to use a cleanser that moisturizes and doesn't break me out or have weird stuff in it that turns me red(talking to u PTR creamy cleanser!)... Giant bottle make it a super value. No need to spend way too much on Avene cuz this works just as well and is sooo much cheaper!

I struggle with dry skin, especially in the winter. I was having issues with dry patches around my chin and cheeks. I was using a foaming cleaner from aveeno, which was stripping my skin. I decided to purchase this, and am so glad I did. The dry patch around my chin had been present for about a week, and almost appeared like milia. After using this cleanser for ONE night, the dry patches went away. This will not cleanse all of your make up off, I would use a make-up remover for that. I also go in with a hydrating toner after using this, but so far I am impressed with this cleanser! (As a side note, I use heavy moisturizers at night, including cerave and Dr. Jart sleeping mask. However, even with using these moisturizers for the past few weeks, they didn’t make a huge impact on my few dry spots. I attribute the change to this cleanser, as it was the only new thing I added to my routine.)

on 1/22/2018 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG cleanser. I do not have many Holy Grails and to be honest, I did not regularly cleanse my face until I started using this product. I have Normal/Dry skin and do not generally have much oil on my face. For many years, I tried a number of cleansers and found most of them would strip my skin especially foaming ones. This is the only cleanser I can use every day that I don't find drying. The film that it leaves is odd, but I'm use to it now. It's there to add a layer until you can apply a hydrating or moisturizing product like a toner or moisturizer afterwards.

This cleanser is useful as a second cleanser and if you don't really wear much product. I wear skincare and sunscreen daily. I do not wear makeup except for lipstick and the occasional highlighter and rarely, eye liner so this product works. However, I do use the Bioderma Sensibio miceller or an oil cleanser before the CeraVe Hyrating most nights.

I love the lack of scent, I love that it is readily available, and I love that is cheap and lasts forever!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

First and foremost, I have super dry skin these days due to my beginning of tretinoin (Retin-A). No other cleanser does what this baby does for my skin! This is a super gentle, super hydrating, non moisture barrier stripping, soothing cleanser. It is packed full of great, skin loving ingredients such as moisture binding glycerin, nourishing ceramides and hydrating hyaluronic acid. This does not remove all of my make up and it doesn't claim to. I utilize coconut oil and a hot wash cloth to tackle that part of my skin care. THIS gently cleanses the skin of products and debris. I use it morning and night...it has brought new balance to my skin since starting the tretinoin. I recommend this product to anyone struggling with dry/dehydrated skin as well as anyone using accutane or topical retinoids.

on 1/17/2018 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My absolute go-to for my morning face wash - I love how I feel like I'm washing my face with a moisturizer - I'm very acne prone and this helps balance out my dryness from nighttime acne products - my skin loves it, I don't find that it clogs my pores and it's got a list of good ingredients and no fragrance that I detect

I used to swear this was my holy grail! I thought it was the only thing that worked on my face without drying it out too much, but every time I used it I did notice a clogged pore of some sort. I insisted on using this though, since that is what my Dermatologist recommended. However, I recently switched to Dermalogica's Essential Cleanser and it is far superior to this product. I love that cleanser and my skin improved so much within just two days! I prefer Dermalogica! :) It may be more expensive, but you don't even need to use that much and it works like a champ!

on 1/16/2018 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this one,the hydrating one, and I have also used the foaming one and I definitely prefer the foaming version. Neither dry my skin out, neither feel hydrating, neither feel like they clean my face very well and neither are good at removing makeup, so what is the point of even using them? Also the pumps clog easily which is annoying. My Philosphy Purity does it all and leaves my face, clean, soft and not stripped of moisture. Yes it's more expensive but the big bottle lasts me about a year. I don't rely on cleansers to moisturize, I want them to clean. The Cerave Hydrating doesn't leave a film like Cetaphil does and it does have better ingredients that are good for your skin, but I doubt those ingredients are on long enough to do much. I don't have dry skin, so maybe those with dry skin appreciate this more. I don't know why this is such a holy grail for many, but so is Cetaphil and I think it's the worst cleanser I ever used, EVER. I just feel neither Cerave formula cleans my skin very well.

Information from the website and ingredients:

Type of skin:
Normal to dry
Areas of concern:

Dry skin, facial cleansing, itchy skin, National Eczema Association accepted, psoriasis prone skin care

Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, effectively cleanses and hydrates without disrupting the protective skin barrier. This non-foaming lotion, with 3 essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid, gently removes dirt and oil while increasing skin hydration after just one use. Fragrance free formula is suitable for sensitive skin.

Purified Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/1/2018 8:09:00 PM

I love this stuff and have repurchased countless times! I have dry skin and use Retin A Micro 0.8% so the rest of my skin routine is focused on hydration. This wash is the least drying/irritating cleanser I have ever used (although my skin does still feel a little tight in the winter) and I notice an immediate negative difference when I try different washes. I use an oil cleanser to get off my makeup, so I cannot attest to the cleanser's makeup removing abilities, and then use this morning and night. The pump packaging is great, the size is huge, and the wash doesn't dry my skin or make me break out--will probably keep using this forever!

Gentle cleanser that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin! It's also pretty hydrating... I don't feel like my skin is tight after using it.

It's *okay* at removing make-up but not all of it. Not good for exfoliating but definitely good for sensitive skin. I've repurchased about 3 times now

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this stuff. It's very mild and liquidy, and doesn't foam up. I'm not sure if it's extremely hydrating, but it certainly isn't drying. I have quite dry skin already courtesy of our subzero Midwestern winter temperatures, but this is one of the only cleansers I've found that doesn't aggravate the situation, as long as I follow it up with a moisturizer. Also, the cleanser feels quite "healing". If you have any little nicks or inflammation on your skin, this feels like it helps with that a little bit. I think it does reduce redness and helps zits to heal slightly faster. It also makes my skin feel very soft to the touch, but it doesn't seem to help with visible texture issues, it doesn't deep clean, brighten my skin or exfoliate it, but then again, it doesn't claim to. But that's why this isn't my go-to personally. You do get a lot in the bottle for the price and a little goes a long way, but overall, there is no "wow" factor for me. It's just a good basic cleanser, nothing more and nothing less...