CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe  Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

(I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin)

I have used this cleanser for 3-4 years already, and I really feel like it has improved my skin's condition! My skin feels soft and even though I do occasionally get pimples here and there, it's not as bad as how my skin was before (and for that I am so thankful).

To begin, in the beginnings of my high school years, my forehead was congested with pimples. Literally, from temple to temple my skin was red, inflamed, and bumpy. Small bumps, large bumps, medium bumps. It made me feel really embarrassed, so I started using different creams (i.e BP) and harsh cleansers (the pink grapefruit Neutrogena one). And guess what? It worked! My pimples disappeared but little me didn't know anything about moisturizing as I continued to slather on BP all over my face, so one day I woke up to my entire face being blotchy, red, hot, and pimply. It was awful because I seriously looked like a tomato. I did more research on that day about proper skincare, and decided to switch cleansers and use a moisturizer. I decided to give Cerave Hydrating Cleanser a try because I read online that it was non-foaming, not harsh, and decently priced.

Maybe it's because I stopped using such harsh products on my face, but along with taking a fish oil pill daily and drinking lots of water, my face recovered! As of now, my cheeks are still the most sensitive area on my face (probably because I wrecked it a long time ago with bad skincare habits) so the cleanser isn't a cure-all. But my pimples have been greatly reduced, and my forehead is clear to this day! It's only my cheek area that has a few pimples here and there. Also, I was always used to having a tight and clean feeling to my skin, so I was surprised that this product made my skin feel soft and smoother than usual!

I would say that you should give this a try because it is not a harsh cleanser, but I cannot guarantee that you will have good results because everybody is different!

(I also stopped drinking soda, and greatly reduced the amount of junk food eaten, so these habits have definitely improved my skin's conditions too)

on 8/13/2017 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Actually like this cleanser, if it weren't for my face being so fickle I'd buy it all the time but alas dreams never come true and dreamers must move on once that dream becomes a nightmare. Made that up I'm bored but get this product if you have normal dry skin and you just want a nice refresher and don't like moisturizing lol the only thing that scares me tho is the ingredient too much stuff I can't pronounce

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I use this as my regular morning cleanser. It doesn't strip the skin but makes me feel clean. It doesn't break me out (which is actually a pretty amazing feat). My only complaint is that it stings/burns my skin sometimes. I use retin-a and other exfoliants so sometimes my skin gets very sensitive and then this stings. Otherwise, I love it. I will not remove any makeup at all! Which is why I use it in the morning and not at night. Days I don't wear makeup I do use it at night and it works great for the daily oil and grime. I am tempted to go back to cetaphil for oily skin because that one never burned but the last time I saw an esthetician she nearly had a conniption fit when I told her I used it. Any way, this is a solid choice for a cleanser when you do not have to remove makeup.

on 8/8/2017 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love what this product does for my face.

on 8/6/2017 2:34:00 PM

HG cleanser! Switched from my Spectro dry skin cleanser and never thought I would love this more, but I do!

on 7/26/2017 1:46:00 PM

I used to like this but now it burns me. Like fire in a few seconds. Something changed

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Oh no. I wanted to love this so badly. I have dry skin and needed a gentle cleanser that didn't strip away my face's moisture barrier. Bonus: this is SLS-free and doesn't have a scent.

Unfortunately the second I slathered this all over my face, I felt a burning sensation on parts of my face. I needed to wash this off immediately!! And so I did, with the burning sensation dwindling to some tingling then finally calm. I tried again a few days later, thinking maybe something was just off with my face that day. I mean after all, I did look in the ingredients list and it looked fine. And after the first time I tried it, despite the burning, my face didn't break out nor was it dry.

Nope. Second time was also a fail. One lippie for all of that. Really wish I liked it but alas, onto the next

on 7/22/2017 4:41:00 AM

Low rating on price as very expensive in the UK.
This cleanser has been my go-to for years. It is effective and very very gentle on my ultra dry skin. It never leaves my face dry or tight. I use it mostly in the mornings as a wash. I massage it on to my face and leave it whilst I brush my teeth, then wash it off. Afterwards my skin feels refreshed and hydrated. I doubt it would be very effective for removing makeup, for which I use an oil in the evening (Una Brennan Superfacialist Vitamin C+ Skin Renew Cleansing Oil ). The Cerave has no scent, does not foam, but is not too thick and sticky. It has a watery creamy consistency that is very easy and fast to wash off.

I have also recently found this to be the perfect cream to shave my elderly Dad who was suffering from very dry flaky skin and razor burn. We switched him over to "Phillips One Blade" and use this for a wet shave in the shower. His skin now looks amazing and well nourished. :)

on 7/7/2017 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Coming from someone who has suffered from acne for many years and has used incredibly harsh and drying acne products, this stuff really helped me out. My skin was incredibly flaky and dry (dry like I couldn't smile too hard or else my face might fall off lol) but after about a week of using the I saw a big difference! For the first time in a long time my face was hydrated and felt smooth. Its non-comedogenic so its good for people who struggle with acne but I wouldn't recommend this if you have really oily skin because I feel like it might too moisturizing .

on 7/7/2017 11:02:00 PM

I suffer from combo skin + eczema. My dermatologist told me to avoid all products with almost everything and anything under the sun (VIT E, parabens, etc). Out of 10 products, only 2 products I'm able to use on my skin without rashes forming /allergy reaction.

First I would like to explain abt my skin condition to benefit those with the same condition as me:

I work as a flight attendant so after all this years of flying, my skin is a wreck. Producing oil even after moisturizing, causing oil seeds and I started breaking out about half a year ago (as I'm starting to approach my late 20s) . I never had cystic pimples, only hormonal pimples during my time of the month.

I'm allergic to products including as Dermalogica, Simple, La Roche posay, Avene, SKII, and cetaphil. I can't use any sunblock from western to Korean to Japanese brands, so my dermatologist recommended me to take oral sunblocks which I declined as I'm afraid of side effects.

I have been using Laneige's water bank series for the past 7 years but my skin has been changing lately, as I approach my late 20s. It was terrible.... until I chance upon Cerave. It was also when I learned about the important of using skin care with lower PH levels (5.5 ish). I stopped using most of my high PH levels skincare (mostly cleansers) and now my cleansing routine is :

1) Make up removal for face (Bifesta wipes/ DHC cleansing oil)

2) Bioderma (Sensibio) to final remove face makeup

3) Cerave Hydrating cleanser

4) Etude House wonder pore toner alternated with Thayers Witch hazel

5) Mario Badescu drying lotion for under the skin Zits (it doesn't dry out my skin at all)

6) Estée Lauder advanced night repair serum

7) Laneige moisture cream .. followed by eye cream ( I'm still searching for a good one)

8) For weekly deep masking, I use Queen Helene mint julep mask ( it's honestly the best )

9) For blackheads removal, I use Poretol (Japanese brand) + biore strips. Both must be used together otherwise results are just Blahhhh.

I'm very happy with my skin condition now, even after a long 15 hours London flight yesterday, I woke up to great skin. I'm really impressed and this was largely due to a change in the facial cleanser used.

I'm left with finding a good eye cream, dark spot treatments and sunblock. I'll update again further on my skin condition soon to benefit those suffering the same skin eczema/combo skin as me.

I'm really a very happy buyer,

Cons:
- a little pricey but I'm getting the larger pump bottle to see how long it lasts on daily usage. However the travel bottle size is good for frequent flyers as it's pretty sturdy/ no spillage

- I can only get it in the USA so I need to restock whenever I fly there.

- some might not like the texture but I can live with it.

Pros:

Does not dry my skin out at all after cleansing