CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe  Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/21/2017 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this cleanser for about a month now and am very pleased with it. I've been using Philosophy Purity Made Simple for ten years or more, but since I love CeraVe products, I thought I'd give this a try. I love it. It cleans as well a Purity without the price tag (Purity is $2.25/oz, CeraVe is $1.08/oz [or cheaper with sales/coupons], and I don't have to pay extra to get a pump) and the stuff that's bad for your skin. I find the CeraVe cleanser's texture pleasant, the scent inoffensive, and although my skin doesn't feel particularly moisturized after washing with it, it doesn't feel stripped, either. I use it morning and evening--in the AM I wash my face with my hands; in the PM I use my Clarisonic. It removes the heavy-duty sunscreen I use with no problem, and the same with makeup (although I wipe my face with micellar water on a pad before using the Clarisonic). In fact, it removes makeup better than Purity--there's never any residue on my towels or the toner pad after using this. I'm delighted to have found a cleanser that works well, is better for my skin, and costs half what I was paying for Purity, and I will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It's just okay... It doesn't take off makeup very well. I would recommend this only if you're using it as a face wash without makeup on.

on 1/17/2017 12:02:00 AM

This has been my go to for a year or so now, as recommended by the Reddit - SkincareAddiction subreddit. It is very gentle, and does a good job. If wearing makeup, I wash twice and use a facecloth to help get makeup off.

on 1/10/2017 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really nice hydrating cleanser perfect for step two of a double cleanse or in the morning. It doesn't strip at all which is important to me because I use heavy duty skin care including Retin-A and acids. It has no fragrance, the package is perfect and the price is good. Great product.

I have been using this product since my teenage years when it was recommended by a dermatologist. As a teen I had more oily skin, but now in my twenties my skin is generally normal, sometimes a bit oily, sometimes a bit dry, especially in winter.

Overall I find this cleanser helps keep my skin clear of small black heads and whiteheads and helps to even out my skin's texture, even if I'm not using a moisturizer regularly. I don't use it to remove makeup, so I can't speak to that, but for gentle cleansing of your skin I would highly recommend it.

I use this product twice a day, when I wash my face in the morning and evening. I usually use one and a half pumps of product and just wash with my hands, applying it in a circular motion all over my face and under my jaw line.

The packaging is good - opaque, and it uses a pump, which is more sanitary. It can be difficult to get the last of the product out of the container, but this is a small issue and one common to most forms of packaging.

Overall highly recommended!

LOVE THIS. So hydrating. My skin looks a lot better since starting this product. A perfect base for treatments and moisturizer. This product shouldn't remove makeup people! If your cleanser does remove makeup its much too harsh. You need something to gently remove dirt not strip your skin!

on 1/2/2017 2:33:00 PM

I love this, it really helped clear up my acne and balance my skin. I use it with the PM moisturizer at night and before I apply sunscreen in the morning. I do an oil cleanse to remove my makeup and sunscreen, then I use this. I don't think it's strong enough to remove makeup by itself. It doesn't lather and feels almost like lotion, I think it's very gentle.

on 11/30/2016 12:40:00 AM

I had been using and liking the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser when I had received a sample size of the Hydrating Cleanser. Because the Foaming Cleanser did such a good job at removing makeup, I was very disappointed to learn that the Hydrating Cleanser didn't come anywhere close to taking foundation off my face.

No matter how long I rubbed or how much product I used, I still was left with much of my foundation remaining (I would use a cotton pad to wipe face afterwards to notice how much foundation was not removed by the cleanser). If I have to use multiple steps to remove makeup, I do not see the point of a cleanser.

For anyone looking for a cleanser to remove foundation, please see my CeraVe Foaming Cleanser review: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=135974/Foaming-Facial-Cleanser/CeraVe-/Cleansers

on 11/29/2016 7:21:00 AM

I really wanted to try this product after seeing so many u tubers swear by this product.
We don't have it here in Australia, so i had it brought back from the States for me. I never feel like my makeup is removed after using it ,more like rubbing a lotion on my face, which i feel i need to follow up with micellar water afterwards.
Many people compare this product with cetaphil, which i do have as well. My personal preference between to two would be Cetaphil, mainly because i find on days when my skin is peeling from Retinol use, Cere Ve stings my skin, and Cetaphil never does.
I am glad i got to try CereVe, but i wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/23/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I've lost track how many years I've used it. My guess is around seven. Love how gentle it is. If I have makeup to take off I use a makeup remover wipe for that. But follow with this. But I do not wear makeup everyday. This is a great basic gentle hydrating cleanser.