CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe  Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I just started using this cleanser and love it! I was using foaming cleansers before, and now I realize how badly they were drying me out. I use this morning and night, and have not noticed any issues. It's a simple cleanser, so bare in mind that it's not going to magically take away every skin problem you have. I don't love that there is no lather, but I can deal with that for a nice, non drying cleanser. Also, if you're upset that it didn't take off your multiple layers of makeup, I'd invest in some kind of oil or makeup remover and use that first. You should always remove your makeup before cleansing, this way you know for sure all the makeup is off. Definitely buy this if you have dry or dehydrated skin.

on 6/15/2017 1:18:00 PM

I have been using this for about 10 years at least. I rarely stray from it. Lately I've been adding a bit of Eminence's exfoliant powder to it and it makes an excellent base for my scrub since it's mild and not irritating. I started using this about the time I went on Accutane, since it wasn't drying and was more soothing. Then I have continued to use it in conjuction with RetinA, TriLuma and Tazorac over the years. No fragrance, probably the only bummer for me because I do like a fragrance, but I'd rather it not smell then smell icky. And I'd rather have something that is good for daily use that is mild and soothing. I also use their daily a.m. moisturizer. And yes, having a pump, it dispenses the exact right amount every time!

This is no frills, but gets the job done. I don't think you'll notice anything great from using it, maybe over time with the repairing ingredients, but in conjunction with my other anti-aging products this is just very complimentary. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing. I tried it after I found that my routine was good with getting makeup off but not for actually cleaning the skin.

I have dry/sensitive/acne-prone skin but this cleanser didn't irritate and didn't cause me to break out at all.It doesn't strip my face of oils completely but there is never any dirt or makeup left and my skin feels so clean and happy. I generally follow this with a rosewater toner and a CeraVe moisturizer and that works pretty well.

This stuff is BEAUTIFUL! I just started retino a for anti aging and wanted a gentle cleanser. This is perfect. It makes my skin feel smooth and soft, there's no residue or smell and the packaging makes it easy to leave in the shower. I love a pump top. The size for the money is pretty unbeatable as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily skin but I like to use gentle and simple cleansers that do not irritate. This fits the bill. The texture is smooth and creamy, like a lotion almost. It does not lather and it feels soothing when applied. There is no tight feeling after washing. Highly recommend this! I rotate between this one and the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best water-based cleanser out there! I have sensitive and acne-prone skin that leans toward dry. It is so hard to find good products when you have sensitive skin that breaks out so easily. I've even tried Cetaphil and that brand makes me break out!

This cleanser is so gentle and since it's water-based it washes off with no residue or oils left behind. It's gentle enough to use twice a day. I'll wash my face and use the Cerave AM lotion with sunscreen or PM lotion at night.

If I skip washing my face at night I love the Cerave makeup remover towelettes. I just wipe my face with one of these babies and moisturize with the Cerave PM lotion and my face feels so smooth and soft with no breakouts.

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

IMO, this is a facial cleanser, not a makeup remover. For those who want to use it as a makeup remover, jkimber's review below outlines a good method. I like it much more than cetaphil. Doesn't aggravate my hives or milia. The foaming version dries out my skin too much. It's fine on my combination skin, but I keep thinking there should be something better out there. I don't use this every day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since about 12 I have had to deal with really oily skin. But just within the past 2.5 years my skin has been dramatically changing and is no longer super oily. I guess this is what aging is all about. I've had to change up my skincare regime to now suit my dehydrated skin. So far the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser has been the only one that is decently working for me. I've tried other cleansers that have claimed they were hydrating and specifically made for dry skin but I found they dried out my skin even more or left a really gross, greasy feel. This cleanser seems to cleanse my face without completely drying it out and seems gentle too. It also does not leave any sort of a greasy feel which is amazing. I didn't give this a 5 star rating because I feel that it could have been better considering its actually made for dry skin. I wouldn't recommend this cleanser for someone who has really dry skin as I feel it will probably be too drying. I also wouldn't recommend this cleanser for someone with really oily skin either. This cleanser is probably the best for someone with normal skin to dehydrated skin. Overall I'd say give it a try if you are looking for something that is gentle doesn't strip the skin. P.s. Must use makeup remover before using this cleanser.

on 3/9/2017 9:51:00 AM

I have no issues with this cleanser. It does the job of gently cleaning my face without causing redness, irritation, or god forbid- breakouts! If you wear makeup then *obviously* you have to double cleanse. I like that this cleanser (as well as the moisturizer) has ceramides, an important skincare ingredient which, "replenish the natural lipids that are lost from exposure to harsh environmental factors, use of drying products, and during in the aging process. They restore moisture, fortify the skin’s natural barrier and help protect it against harm from foreign elements. Ceramides are also particularly effective in treating eczema."

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i like the pump. like, that's the first thing i'll say. that aside, this doesn't really do... much for me. like it's okay, and that's kinda it. it's nothing special when it comes to my face. i'd recommend it for those who need a simple, non-drying, non-foaming face cleanser, but that aside... eh?