CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe  Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Actually, it's a very nice moisturizing and efficient cleanser. However, much to my dismay, there is some ingredient that causes irritation for me. It is very non drying for those with dry to very dry skin. I find the Renewing SA cleanser to work wonderfully on my skin.

on 2/11/2017 1:09:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I used both foaming cleanser and this one too. They are both great cleanser out in the drugs store. I had used 80% of the high end brands and even the high end brands cleanser need to used make up remover to remove all makeup. I love it and my 19 years old daughter also love CeraVe. Great drugs store gems. This will not removed makeup on it own, but great cleanser for dry and sensitive skin.

on 2/8/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have tried Cetaphil for a while whenever I breakout on my face but it never seems to get my face clean, it would still feel as if my face was dirty. I recently had a bad breakout and had to go to the Derm doctor, she was great, she prescribed that I try CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, now I have to say this stuff is not cheap at all, I bought a bottle for about $22. Whew! The packaging is great and comes in a 12 oz bottle, not sure if they have a larger one and the pump works great, unlike Cetaphil. It's a very gentle cleanser but leaves your skin very clean, it foams great just like a regular soap and leaves no sticky, dirty residue behind. Now I have to say this to some use this as a makeup remover, CeraVe and Cetaphil are not supposed to be used to take off makeup, that's what make-up removers are for, so of course it doesn't get all the makeup off. This is a very gentle cleanser that is mostly used for people who may have skin issues and can't use regular soap. The texture of the Foaming one is a nice clear gel which foams up as soon as you start to wash your face, and rinses very easy. I keep this on hand just in case I have to go back and use it for breakouts, but believe me it's better than Cetaphil, even though Cetaphil is a cheaper source.

on 2/3/2017 3:38:00 PM

This is a very good basic face wash--however, I would not recommend it if you are looking for scrub-free eye makeup removal.

Price: I think I paid $12 at Walgreens, and it is a decent size.

Packaging: Pump works great; I like it much better than the squirt bottle that I used from Cetaphil

Product: In the days before I had a real job, Cetaphil was my go-to daily cleanser. I have dry, acne-prone skin, and for a long time, I was cycling through products that left my face feeling overly tight after I finished washing. I can't remember who suggested Cetaphil, but it worked well enough and was cheap. When I finally became a grown-up (i.e. I had money to burn on skincare), that bottle was relegated to my gym bag.

The texture of this product is very similar to Cetaphil; I'd be surprised if anyone would be able to tell them apart. It smooths on easily and I love the pump--something about grabbing Cetaphil's bottle with my wet hands to pour some out always felt sort-of gross. And make no mistake--I'm severely a grown up now, and spend a lot of money on facial care, so why did I buy this? My HG daily cleanser is now Clinique's Take the Day Off balm, which I will probably love forever, BUT--it is more than twice as expensive, is easy to waste (you have to scrape it out of the tub, which makes over-application easy) and not always practical to just throw in a travel bag. So I thought--what the heck? If this works for my dry skin, I can get it just about anywhere and will save some money (that I can then pour into AHAs/BHAs/masks, etc), let's give it a shot.

Unfortunately, this didn't end up being the savior that I'd hoped. While it does (IMO) do a good job keeping my skin hydrated (no tightness) and removes *most* of my makeup, it's no match for my mascara--and I use cheapie Cover Girl, so I'd never dare attempt to put this up other brands that are way more pigmented. As such, using this before bed isn't worth it, as I still have to follow up with TTDO (which wipes ALL of my makeup clean, no questions asked). I'm going to throw this in my gym bag (and would probably rebuy for that purpose only) to use as a fast fix on days when I need to make myself look marginally presentable for awhile after a workout.

on 2/2/2017 4:49:00 PM

My first real foray into non-foaming cleansers, but I've been so happy with this one! I used to use the foaming, but it dried out my skin. The hydrating cleanser really calms my skin, and once I got used to not having a squeaky clean feeling post-wash, I came to love the soft, moisturized feeling it leaves me with. It does not remove makeup, but I use this after going in with my Clinique Take the Day Off balm, so the heavy lifting is already done by the time Cerave hits my face.

It definitely helped repair my damaged moisture barrier, and my skin is less shiny after going through a bottle of this stuff. One bottle lasted about 2 months at 2x a day.

on 1/21/2017 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this cleanser for about a month now and am very pleased with it. I've been using Philosophy Purity Made Simple for ten years or more, but since I love CeraVe products, I thought I'd give this a try. I love it. It cleans as well a Purity without the price tag (Purity is $2.25/oz, CeraVe is $1.08/oz [or cheaper with sales/coupons], and I don't have to pay extra to get a pump) and the stuff that's bad for your skin. I find the CeraVe cleanser's texture pleasant, the scent inoffensive, and although my skin doesn't feel particularly moisturized after washing with it, it doesn't feel stripped, either. I use it morning and evening--in the AM I wash my face with my hands; in the PM I use my Clarisonic. It removes the heavy-duty sunscreen I use with no problem, and the same with makeup (although I wipe my face with micellar water on a pad before using the Clarisonic). In fact, it removes makeup better than Purity--there's never any residue on my towels or the toner pad after using this. I'm delighted to have found a cleanser that works well, is better for my skin, and costs half what I was paying for Purity, and I will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It's just okay... It doesn't take off makeup very well. I would recommend this only if you're using it as a face wash without makeup on.

on 1/17/2017 12:02:00 AM

This has been my go to for a year or so now, as recommended by the Reddit - SkincareAddiction subreddit. It is very gentle, and does a good job. If wearing makeup, I wash twice and use a facecloth to help get makeup off.

on 1/10/2017 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really nice hydrating cleanser perfect for step two of a double cleanse or in the morning. It doesn't strip at all which is important to me because I use heavy duty skin care including Retin-A and acids. It has no fragrance, the package is perfect and the price is good. Great product.

I have been using this product since my teenage years when it was recommended by a dermatologist. As a teen I had more oily skin, but now in my twenties my skin is generally normal, sometimes a bit oily, sometimes a bit dry, especially in winter.

Overall I find this cleanser helps keep my skin clear of small black heads and whiteheads and helps to even out my skin's texture, even if I'm not using a moisturizer regularly. I don't use it to remove makeup, so I can't speak to that, but for gentle cleansing of your skin I would highly recommend it.

I use this product twice a day, when I wash my face in the morning and evening. I usually use one and a half pumps of product and just wash with my hands, applying it in a circular motion all over my face and under my jaw line.

The packaging is good - opaque, and it uses a pump, which is more sanitary. It can be difficult to get the last of the product out of the container, but this is a small issue and one common to most forms of packaging.

Overall highly recommended!