CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the CeraVe line. I bought this cleanser this winter when my skin was feeling really dry and uneven due to the dry winter we have been having where I live. The cleanser is such a great value, almost 500 mL and a low price. You can also use this as a body wash. It cleanses gently and improved the feel of my skin after just one use. I also use their gel cleanser usually in the summer. You can't argue with such a great size cleanser for a low price.

on 4/15/2018 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So happy with this! Have repurchased the larger size, though it takes a while to go through it. One pump does it. I do use a wet washcloth to remove it, and that works well to remove face makeup, though not waterproof lipstick or mascara. I had used the bar version before this, but don't like it as well. It's baan a lifesaver in Minnesota's climate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Sigh. I honestly really wanted to like this cleanser; I really, really did it. I have oily/combination skin- oily mainly on my T-zone. I occasionally get comedonal breakouts on my forehead, sometimes chin, but I keep them under control with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid (great purchase by the way). Now, I NEVER break out on my cheeks, ever. I used this cleanser one time, the next morning I woke up and was surprised to find little skin coloured comedonal type spots on my cheek, of which two got inflamed the following day into little red spots. I was furious. I couldn't believe the product that every one has been raving about could actually have such a horrible impact in such a short space of time. I stopped using it and my face cleared up within a couple of weeks.

Seriously disappointed with this cleanser. It did leave my face soft and hydrated, but it's just not worth the breakout.

on 4/11/2018 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm so sad at the fact this product hasnt worked for my closed comedonal acne :(
I heard such great things about this product from Reddit and makeup alley, i decided to give it a good try.
The product burns when i put it on and that's all it really does. It has actually made my acne worse which really sucks because i heard such great things.

I

So I ran out of the sulfur face wash prescribed to me about a year ago to clear up my cystic acne. That face wash really did help clear up my skin, and kept it very clear.

But it ran out. As I desperately searched for a new simple, accessible non prescribed face wash to keep my skin clear, I decided to settle for this. I think it was a huge mistake. I already have 4 new cystic breakouts, and I’m almost certain this is the culprit. It began around the time I started to use this a little over a week ago. I haven’t had deep, red inflamed bumps like this in a long time. Extremely disappointing.

As far as how well it cleans, It does the job. I don’t expect this to remove my makeup. I also don’t notice any miracle hydration on my oily acne prone skin. It reminds me of Cetaphil, (which I also loathe as it also breaks me out) where it doesn’t really *feel* like it’s cleaning your skin. The texture is similar to a thin lotion.

on 4/7/2018 2:22:00 PM

I got a 2 oz sample of this ceravae hydrating cleanser to try for free Bc my family had bought the ceravae body lotion from cosco & this was a bonus first off I have a very oily skin type & so I basically just use foaming cleansers or bar soaps from Clinique on my face! But this past winter ❄️ I had developed some dehydrated dry skin so @ night I tried this cleanser in the shower 🚿! & it was really a refreshing change not to be stripping my face squeaky clean with soaps! 😲! It didn't feel particularly " hydrating " to me but it cleanses very well without overly drying me out! Before I was testing out the cetaphil gentle cleanser & this stuff is like the same thing! But just a bit more Emolient than the cetaphil! & I was a bit nervous trying this out Bc some people said that their face reacted to this with burning & tingling! 😲 But thankfully it didn't happen with me but I did happen to feel a little tingling once when I tried it for some reason! I say to try it out & see for yourselves Bc people either like it or hate it ! it's a average cleanser for me! Did appreciate ceravae for being completely fragrance free 👍So it's a good drug store alternative to my expensive Clinique stuff! LOL

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to cleanser for morning and second cleanse. For reference, my skin is sensitive, reactive, and easily irritated, but it's also severely dehydrated and prone to hormonal and inflammatory acne. I love this cleanser because it's gentle, soothing, and effective, but never disturbs the skin's moisture barrier. I don't use it to remove makeup or sunscreen (that's what oil cleansers are for, y'all, get on the double cleansing bandwagon if you're not here already), but it does a good job at removing surface grime and preparing the skin to receive your skincare products. It's easy to find, pH balanced, relatively inexpensive, and comes in a user friendly albeit unattractive pump bottle. I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

I've been using this product for years to manage my acne/rosacea/combo/sensitive skin. At times, it's the only thing my skin will tolerate. Can't comment on it's effectiveness at removing makeup.

on 2/25/2018 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I only use non foaming cleansers which always dry my dehydrated acne prone skin and break me out. This removes make up if you use a warm wash cloth after applying to dry skin. I have moved on to Albolene, however. Keeps my skin clearer and more moisturized with less rubbing. Still like this cleanser but it's no longer my go to

Nice to use a cleanser that moisturizes and doesn't break me out or have weird stuff in it that turns me red(talking to u PTR creamy cleanser!)... Giant bottle make it a super value. No need to spend way too much on Avene cuz this works just as well and is sooo much cheaper!