CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 9/17/2018 3:38:00 AM

I have acne rosacea and the only thing that treats my inflammations and clears up my skin is Hydrating Cleanser. I am using this cleanser for years and without it my skin is bumby, red, itchy and dry. However, when my last bottle finished, I bought another one with the NEW FORMULA. I am really disappointed, my skin got red and broke out after using it for a week. At first I didn't think that it was from the cleanser but I tried the old bottle again, my skin got healthy. CERAVE pleasee go back to old formula, I dont know how my skin will survive without this magic cleanser :((

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, such a good, gentle cleanser, so much product for such a low price, and you can pick it up at your local drugstore, what could be better? I really wanted this product to work for me, but unfortunately, I can't use it. The moment I applied this to my face, my skin started to tingle, burn, and itch. The same thing happened to me when I tried one of CeraVe's sunscreens, which just lead me to accept that CeraVe and I are not meant to be. There are so many good ingredients in this cleanser and I have no idea what caused this reaction. I know I'm not the only one to have this reaction, and I wish we could get to the bottom of this allergen mystery. It's just strange that the dermatologist recommended brand that seems so specifically marketed to people with sensitive skin and other skin issues, the one that puts all of these soothing ingredients in their products, would be the one that my skin can't tolerate.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product, my new favourite cleanser! It is fragrance free, very gentle & leaves my skin feeling comfortable & hydrated. I think it is very good value for money and lasts a decent amount of time, so I will repurchase. This says for normal to dry skin, but mine is combination and I believe this would work for most skin types.
The only downside is that is doesn't effectively remove spf/makeup. Not a problem for me as I always double cleanse with a balm as 1st cleanse when wearing spf/makeup, however if you are after a cleanser that will do it all this may not be for you

A gentle and hydrating cleanser that is perfect for the morning routine.
I recieced this product as a sample.nn It’s extremely hydrating and super gentle. When I used it for the first time I was a bit confused, since it didn’t foam up and I wasn’t sure if it was doing anything, but after using it for few times, I understood the hype around it. It didn’t feel stripping like foaming washes do. It left my skin soft and hydrated.
Some people experience irritation or breakouts from it, but I didn’t. It didn’t give me breakouts, for which I am thankful. That would be horrible.
I will definitely recomend purchase of this product.

I am in aesthetician school, and I asked my instructor what is the best over the counter cleanser. Cerevé is the only one she would recommend. It has a proper ph of 5.5 and will not strip the acid mantle, which protects us. Just about every other face wash out there has the same pH as car wash detergent, and will most definitely strip the skin, make it extremely sensitive, flaky, red— reactive. Most people who think that they have sensitive skin only have stripped skin. Even Cetaphil strips the skin. Professional estheticians use only professional products for a reason.

on 7/14/2018 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This cleanser made my skin feel soft initially but after using it for a week it caused a huge breakout on my chin and also my both sides of my jaw. I rarely ever get breakouts that are not hormonal. I took a break, allowing my skin to normalize and tried it again. I got the same type of acne as before. I’m giving the bottle away to my Mother as she’s a fan of Cetaphil and has been wanting to try the CeraVe.

on 6/14/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

CeraVe has a good reputation in the dermatology world and thus, I got a free 1 oz. sample (normal to dry) which so far, is just fine. Slightly milky, seems to remove most of my makeup - and no scent, per se - perhaps a slight nuance of "chemical" scent/soapy scent. No issues so far.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

For majority of my life I've had combination skin. Earlier this year, my skin got really dry especially on my forehead and cheeks. Wherever I applied makeup, it was such a struggle because my skin was stripping and it looked really dry. Despite using layers of hydrating moisturizer, facial oil, and I got to the point where I was using Vaseline on the very dry areas. Though I did not see an immediate change, I stuck to using this face wash because it was so gentle and was suppose to help with the dry skin. Fast forward to today, my skin is no longer dry and stripping and my face doesn't have that tightness that it usually has when I wash my face and don't apply moisturizer immediately. Yes I break out occasionally, but my skin has improved tremendously to the point that some days I skip applying that layer of makeup when I'm running errands

Micellar water to remove makeup, rinse, then wash with this. I love it, definitely feels hydrating. Great for my sensitive skin with mild rosacea.

on 6/9/2018 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is probably my new HG cleanser. I've tried a LOT of cleansers since my early teens, and finally, finally, finally I have found one that seems to agree with my skin.

I bought this a couple months ago when my skin freaked out randomly and went from normal-to-dry to the Sahara almost overnight. (I have no clue why because I hadn't added or changed anything in my skincare routine at the time.) I had to ditch all the products that had been working for my sensitive, acne-prone skin and go on an epic quest to find stuff that didn't make my face breakout and/or feel like it was melting off. Enter this cleanser.

Honestly, I'm not completely in love with it, though. The reason for that is, for some reason, this makes my face feel warm when I use it. At first, it was almost uncomfortably warm, on the edge of "Ouch, this burns!" territory. It's not all over, just around the tops of my cheeks, which is where I tend to get the most dryness, but it's still not super pleasant. (My skin doesn't look red and irritated after using this, unlike my experience with a lot of other cleansers.)

Other than that, I really like it. I haven't broken out, my skin hasn't gotten dryer (and I feel like this really helped it bounce back from whatever happened that dried it out before), it does a good job getting my face clean without feeling tight and painful, and my face feels really nice after I wash it. I also like that, while it's a moisturizing cleanser, I don't feel any residue left over when I rinse it off. (That was a problem I had with the one other moisturizing cleanser I tried a few years ago.)

One thing I really like about the packaging (and this is becoming more popular, it seems, with products with a pump) is how the pump twists to lock or unlock. I keep this in the shower, usually, and sometimes stuff gets knocked over, and pumps have always ended up either breaking or kind of exploding all over the floor when that happens. Being able to close off the pump has saved me from a couple of potential disasters.

This is also kind of a giant bottle. I think it has more product than most other cleansers I've tried, so I imagine it's going to last me a long time, which is nice because CeraVe is a tiny bit pricey for drugstore products. Not horribly high, but high enough so I didn't buy them until they were my last resort.

For me, this is still the best cleanser I've ever used, and I'm happy enough with it to continue to purchase it unless I end up having an actual reaction at some point. I could probably find something I like more, but this is affordable, easy to find, and does the job without any real issues, so I'm satisfied with it.