CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/18/2019 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this!!! Also love foaming one......but this is nice for winter time. Feels like lotion going on, soft and creamy! Easily removes makeup and I feel so clean and refreshed!! Scent free too.

I did a review on the Cerva Hydrating Cleanser and I put to the test! I purchased the cleanser myself because I needed a new one and gave it a good go so that I could gather my own thoughts on it.

Hope you like it and if you had any experience with the Cerva Hydrating Cleanser let me know down below what you think about :)

on 12/26/2018 6:20:00 PM

This is a great product. Affordable, didn't irritate my skin. I actually feel like this calms my skin to some extent and it makes it very smoooth. And I like that there are different sizes available.
The weather is quite cold and dry where I live during this time of the year and I am quite impressed that this doesn't feel drying.
The texture is quite different from anything I've tried before in terms of cleansers. It's a white gel / lotion and it doesn't foam up. It can feel like it's not cleaning the skin as thoroughly as a foaming cleanser, but I think that this could be part of the reason why it's so gentle and calming. And I find that it actually leaves my skin pretty clean, even though it doesn't foam up.

Smell
It doesn't seem like it has any fragrance added into it. It has a mild smell that vaguely reminds me of beer. I don't dislike it, now that I am used to it I could say I slightly enjoy it.
Anyway, I appreciate that it doesn't have any added fragrance to it as I know it can be irritating to some people's skin. Also, I tried products that had a very strong artificial smell in the past and I am very happy that this doesn't.

Packaging
Very practical, it's pretty much the perfect packaging for a cleanser: a plastic bottle with a pump. It's easy for me to use it in the morning, when I'm still not exactly aware of what I'm doing. :))
I appreciate that the bottle is not too heavy. Some products have heavy packaging to make it seem like there is more product or to make the product feel luxurious. I think that is a bit silly, deceiving and simply inefficient (especially if you want to travel with the product).

The only reason why I might look into another cleanser in the future is that I sometimes get acne and my skin is on the oily side (it fluctuates, sometimes it's more on the dry side, other times more oily). Therefore, I feel the need for something a bit more exfoliating from time to time.
But other than that, this is a great product and I definitely recommend it.

on 11/28/2018 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I just started using this cleanser about 2 months ago. I had avoided it because I always like the foaming ones, but I'm using a foaming cleanser only at night after using an oil to remove makeup. But in the morning I use this and love it. It leaves my face feeling clean, but not tight, and I love the beneficial ingredients of ceramides, peptides, and hyaluronic acid - all of which are proven effective for retaining moisture on the skin. CeraVe products do, however, contain parabins. I wish they did not.

on 11/9/2018 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is another product I keep coming back to. I have rosacea. It is controlled now. I avoid any facial product with drying alcohols in it. Be aware there are moisturizing alcohols, google it.

This product cleanses my face and does not leave my skin feeling stripped. You don’t need a lot of product to get the job done. It gets my makeup off, if I do not use Waterproof eye makeup or foundation. If I use waterproof makeup and/or foundation, I have to use a makeup remover first.

I hate the packaging. I feel I can not get all the cleanser out. The pump failed on one bottle. I wish they would make this in a tube. But I keep coming back to it because of the results.

on 10/26/2018 11:39:00 PM

This cleanser feels very luxurious and doesn’t strip the skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I did not get the burning sensation from this cleanser that a lot of people describe. But I think this cleanser is only good for people with very dry, very sensitive skin who wear little or no makeup and do a thorough first cleanse beforehand. When I tried this, I would have makeup left over on my face after washing even when I did a first cleanse. This product just doesn’t cleanse well enough for regular use.

on 10/13/2018 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I swear by CeraVe's lotions and creams but their cleansers just don't do it for me. This one is irritating on my skin and I'm not sure why. It makes my face feel tingly during application and my skin feels waxy afterwards. I'm not impressed by the active ingredients either since this is something that's meant to be on my face for only a minute or two. Not worth it.

on 10/8/2018 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I selected 'No' for the 'would I purchase again' question but I would recommend this depending on your skin needs and where you live. Let me explain...

I have combination non-sensitive skin but my skin can get quite dry in winter or if I use a stripping cleanser. I purchased this when CeraVe launched in the UK because so many people rave about it. It was universally referred to as a gentle non-drying cleanser. Also CeraVe has a fantastic brand reputation for being 'kind to skin' and I love their moisturisers so I thought this would be perfect for me. I tried this as a second cleanse in the evening and as a morning cleanser and I just don't like it. I really don't. I tossed this in the bin after a few weeks.

In terms of the cleansing experience - I do not like the texture of this. It is a 'gel' but not like most cleansing gels or jellies on the market. It also does not seem to react well with water. For example, when I spread this on wet skin I can feel both water and gel - it's very odd. Also, because there is no oil it does not spread well. When I had an allergy flare up and my skin was super sensitive this was more uncomfortable than several other gel cleansers in my cabinet. It rinses away seemingly easily but 2 minutes later my skin feels both like there's residue on it and like its parched. I could not bear to keep using this and it went in the bin mostly full.

Now, all of that said when I used this on vacation I found it to be perfectly serviceable. It is not glam but it works and nothing felt dry or strange. So, honestly I think this just does not work well with the extremely hard water where I live. In the past few years I've come to think water quality is a key consideration in any washing products but its something very few people comment on. I follow lots of non-UK bloggers who have similar routines, preferences, skin types, life styles (i.e. city dwellers, make-up wearers etc) and so many of them are spot on with their reviews of so many products but I have never liked their cleanser recommendations. I find that I have the best luck with cleansers made by UK brands whether or not I like anything else in their ranges. So I love and still use a few CeraVe moisturisers but the cleanser did not work out.

So I would never buy this again for my personal home use, but if you have softer water and are looking for a basic no frills gentle and non-drying cleanser then this will probably work.

on 9/17/2018 3:38:00 AM

I have acne rosacea and the only thing that treats my inflammations and clears up my skin is Hydrating Cleanser. I am using this cleanser for years and without it my skin is bumby, red, itchy and dry. However, when my last bottle finished, I bought another one with the NEW FORMULA. I am really disappointed, my skin got red and broke out after using it for a week. At first I didn't think that it was from the cleanser but I tried the old bottle again, my skin got healthy. CERAVE pleasee go back to old formula, I dont know how my skin will survive without this magic cleanser :((

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, such a good, gentle cleanser, so much product for such a low price, and you can pick it up at your local drugstore, what could be better? I really wanted this product to work for me, but unfortunately, I can't use it. The moment I applied this to my face, my skin started to tingle, burn, and itch. The same thing happened to me when I tried one of CeraVe's sunscreens, which just lead me to accept that CeraVe and I are not meant to be. There are so many good ingredients in this cleanser and I have no idea what caused this reaction. I know I'm not the only one to have this reaction, and I wish we could get to the bottom of this allergen mystery. It's just strange that the dermatologist recommended brand that seems so specifically marketed to people with sensitive skin and other skin issues, the one that puts all of these soothing ingredients in their products, would be the one that my skin can't tolerate.