CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 11/9/2018 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is another product I keep coming back to. I have rosacea. It is controlled now. I avoid any facial product with drying alcohols in it. Be aware there are moisturizing alcohols, google it.

This product cleanses my face and does not leave my skin feeling stripped. You don’t need a lot of product to get the job done. It gets my makeup off, if I do not use Waterproof eye makeup or foundation. If I use waterproof makeup and/or foundation, I have to use a makeup remover first.

I hate the packaging. I feel I can not get all the cleanser out. The pump failed on one bottle. I wish they would make this in a tube. But I keep coming back to it because of the results.

on 10/26/2018 11:39:00 PM

This cleanser feels very luxurious and doesn’t strip the skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I did not get the burning sensation from this cleanser that a lot of people describe. But I think this cleanser is only good for people with very dry, very sensitive skin who wear little or no makeup and do a thorough first cleanse beforehand. When I tried this, I would have makeup left over on my face after washing even when I did a first cleanse. This product just doesn’t cleanse well enough for regular use.

on 10/13/2018 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I swear by CeraVe's lotions and creams but their cleansers just don't do it for me. This one is irritating on my skin and I'm not sure why. It makes my face feel tingly during application and my skin feels waxy rather than hydrated afterwards. I'm not impressed by the fancy ingredients either since this is something that, by design, is only supposed to be on my face for a minute or two. Not worth it.

on 10/8/2018 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I selected 'No' for the 'would I purchase again' question but I would recommend this depending on your skin needs and where you live. Let me explain...

I have combination non-sensitive skin but my skin can get quite dry in winter or if I use a stripping cleanser. I purchased this when CeraVe launched in the UK because so many people rave about it. It was universally referred to as a gentle non-drying cleanser. Also CeraVe has a fantastic brand reputation for being 'kind to skin' and I love their moisturisers so I thought this would be perfect for me. I tried this as a second cleanse in the evening and as a morning cleanser and I just don't like it. I really don't. I tossed this in the bin after a few weeks.

In terms of the cleansing experience - I do not like the texture of this. It is a 'gel' but not like most cleansing gels or jellies on the market. It also does not seem to react well with water. For example, when I spread this on wet skin I can feel both water and gel - it's very odd. Also, because there is no oil it does not spread well. When I had an allergy flare up and my skin was super sensitive this was more uncomfortable than several other gel cleansers in my cabinet. It rinses away seemingly easily but 2 minutes later my skin feels both like there's residue on it and like its parched. I could not bear to keep using this and it went in the bin mostly full.

Now, all of that said when I used this on vacation I found it to be perfectly serviceable. It is not glam but it works and nothing felt dry or strange. So, honestly I think this just does not work well with the extremely hard water where I live. In the past few years I've come to think water quality is a key consideration in any washing products but its something very few people comment on. I follow lots of non-UK bloggers who have similar routines, preferences, skin types, life styles (i.e. city dwellers, make-up wearers etc) and so many of them are spot on with their reviews of so many products but I have never liked their cleanser recommendations. I find that I have the best luck with cleansers made by UK brands whether or not I like anything else in their ranges. So I love and still use a few CeraVe moisturisers but the cleanser did not work out.

So I would never buy this again for my personal home use, but if you have softer water and are looking for a basic no frills gentle and non-drying cleanser then this will probably work.

on 9/17/2018 3:38:00 AM

I have acne rosacea and the only thing that treats my inflammations and clears up my skin is Hydrating Cleanser. I am using this cleanser for years and without it my skin is bumby, red, itchy and dry. However, when my last bottle finished, I bought another one with the NEW FORMULA. I am really disappointed, my skin got red and broke out after using it for a week. At first I didn't think that it was from the cleanser but I tried the old bottle again, my skin got healthy. CERAVE pleasee go back to old formula, I dont know how my skin will survive without this magic cleanser :((

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, such a good, gentle cleanser, so much product for such a low price, and you can pick it up at your local drugstore, what could be better? I really wanted this product to work for me, but unfortunately, I can't use it. The moment I applied this to my face, my skin started to tingle, burn, and itch. The same thing happened to me when I tried one of CeraVe's sunscreens, which just lead me to accept that CeraVe and I are not meant to be. There are so many good ingredients in this cleanser and I have no idea what caused this reaction. I know I'm not the only one to have this reaction, and I wish we could get to the bottom of this allergen mystery. It's just strange that the dermatologist recommended brand that seems so specifically marketed to people with sensitive skin and other skin issues, the one that puts all of these soothing ingredients in their products, would be the one that my skin can't tolerate.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product, my new favourite cleanser! It is fragrance free, very gentle & leaves my skin feeling comfortable & hydrated. I think it is very good value for money and lasts a decent amount of time, so I will repurchase. This says for normal to dry skin, but mine is combination and I believe this would work for most skin types.
The only downside is that is doesn't effectively remove spf/makeup. Not a problem for me as I always double cleanse with a balm as 1st cleanse when wearing spf/makeup, however if you are after a cleanser that will do it all this may not be for you

A gentle and hydrating cleanser that is perfect for the morning routine.
I recieced this product as a sample.nn It’s extremely hydrating and super gentle. When I used it for the first time I was a bit confused, since it didn’t foam up and I wasn’t sure if it was doing anything, but after using it for few times, I understood the hype around it. It didn’t feel stripping like foaming washes do. It left my skin soft and hydrated.
Some people experience irritation or breakouts from it, but I didn’t. It didn’t give me breakouts, for which I am thankful. That would be horrible.
I will definitely recomend purchase of this product.

I am in aesthetician school, and I asked my instructor what is the best over the counter cleanser. Cerevé is the only one she would recommend. It has a proper ph of 5.5 and will not strip the acid mantle, which protects us. Just about every other face wash out there has the same pH as car wash detergent, and will most definitely strip the skin, make it extremely sensitive, flaky, red— reactive. Most people who think that they have sensitive skin only have stripped skin. Even Cetaphil strips the skin. Professional estheticians use only professional products for a reason.

on 7/14/2018 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This cleanser made my skin feel soft initially but after using it for a week it caused a huge breakout on my chin and also my both sides of my jaw. I rarely ever get breakouts that are not hormonal. I took a break, allowing my skin to normalize and tried it again. I got the same type of acne as before. I’m giving the bottle away to my Mother as she’s a fan of Cetaphil and has been wanting to try the CeraVe.