Dermalogica Clearing Mattifier

Dermalogica Clearing Mattifier

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 1/18/2017 4:08:00 PM

I have a very oily T-zone, especially in summer.

This is the best product I've used for that. It takes care of the oil for the longest - for me at least for 3-6 hours I would say. I love it for that. It also kinda works as a primer I feel like.

But it doesn't come without draw backs. I need a lot more moisture than it gives on its own, and therefore I use a layer of moisturizer above it (also one thats supposed to be mattifying). This shortens its mattifying effect. Without an extra layer, my skin gets super dry and upset in like 2 seconds.

Lasts for a good three months with daily use. Therefore not really that expensive, although it hurts a bit at the moment when you're buying it.

I did repurchase it.

on 12/9/2016 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

It's been a few weeks since I've started using this and... nothing. I've used several salicylic acid products though, and I never really notice a difference until I'm done with the whole product, and even then, it's minimal.

However, since 2% is the highest concentration available without a prescription & I like having a variety of exfoliators (salicylic acid, AHA, retinol, & mechanical), I'll keep looking for that holy grail SA product.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure if I can comment on this product's skin care effectiveness as I've only been using for a week, but as a primer this is amazing!! I have used Arbonne primer, NYX angel veil, The Face Shop cut it pore balm, W7 primer, Victoria's Secret make it last prime and set (excellent setting spray!), Becca line and pore corrector and many other drugstore primers and none come close to this in keeping my oiliness at bay! It doesn't blur lines or pores as well as others I've tried, but I can use concealer and finishing powder for those problems. My main issue has always been my oily t-zone, which goes super shiny halfway through the work day- using this mattifier though, I haven't had to blot or touch up once through my 8 hour work days this week! A bit expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/26/2014 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So I can't say I entirely have terrible acne anymore. I used to though, and once and a while i'll still get the odd zit that is really deep under my skins surface and really hurts and takes forever to go away! I really only got this mattifier to see if it would work as a decent makeup primer but still help to keep my skin clear. Well I can't say that it really worked for either purpose. It says mattifying but I honestly didn't notice any kind of difference in the appearance of my t-zone, because it still looked and felt oily whether I was wearing makeup or not. I did notice a bit of a subtle difference in my skin in the sense that while I was using this product I did not end up with any painful zits, but for the price and the overall quality of it, I don't think this product is completely worth it for me. I do continue to use other Dermalogica products though!

on 12/28/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

LOVE this product! When used in conjunction with the medibac cleanser and the overnight cream, this does wonders! Before dermalogica I had a cluster of pimples all around my chin and jawline. Now I don't even get big pussy pimples at all, I get afew tiny red ones when it's 'that time' of the month but that is all! Sooo worth the money and I am beyond happy to now go makeup free some days without being embarrassed of my red spotty face :D

EXCELLENT PRODUCT. I have combo/oily skin in the t-zone and used to use milk of magnesia to keep my forehead and nose matte after my moisturizers made them all shiny. It worked, but I was itching to try this and I'm so glad I did- my forehead hasn't been this clear since I was ten goddamn years old. It's not QUITE as mattifying as the MOM (if you're gonna go clubbing, use that) and for some reason I find skin needs to be rather dry to for this to stick so really let any moisturizers sink in first. Still, between this and my Ben Nye powder I don't get any shine until the end of the day, and that's saying something!

on 8/19/2013 9:13:00 PM

About once a month (if you know what I'm saying) I get breakouts on my chin and forehead almost like clockwork zits start to pop up. My skin is just more oily at that time. I started using this stuff and have been really happy with the results! It lasts a long time-- I only use it for like, 1 weeks amonth and it feels like the bottle is still mostly full. Great price, good packaging, and most importantly, it works!

on 8/10/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would have liked to see the kind of results as everyone else on here, but I didn't. It didn't make it worse and I didn't have any adverse effects. It just didn't seem to really do much of anything. Just after putting it on and waiting a few minutes, I didn't notice any mattifying. Of course, this was after washing my face, so I didn't have a lot of oil in the first place. But after applying makeup and throughout the day, I didn't notice that it kept my face any more matte than before using it. There's really no use to purchase it again. It does feel soft as I put it on my face and if anything, I guess it could be used as a primer. That's about it...

on 3/3/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

BUH-BYE ZITS, this works wonders! I was totally skeptical when I first tried this product because it felt very silicon-y. But it cleared my cystic acne pretty quickly. I applied this on my face BEFORE my moisturizer. Honestly this "mattifier" lives up to its name because it took out the shine in the zit. I had the tube for 3 years and just ran out. Going to repurchase!

on 11/8/2012 12:18:00 PM

I bought a Dermalogica kit to try it out, it is good. The kit comes with a small tube of Clearing Matifier, which I forgot about it. I finally start using it since 3 days ago. It Works Miracle!

It does what it claims to do absolutely! I have oily skin and this really keeps it down. It makes my skin clearer, smoother, less pore and etc etc. I am going to buy the product in full size and I think it retails for $45. But looks like www.skinmedix.com is selling it cheaper.

Anyway, I highly recommend this product. Works wonder.

Good luck girls!