2.5

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

This stuff dried my skin out!! The scrub didn't do that though. It did help get rid of some of my acne but the itchiness and flaking though. I'd prefer something else.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

2.0

3 years ago

For me this product is simply this: a face cleanser. It helps me to get my makeup off post makeup remover wipes, and to cleanse it so that I can moisturize. I notice no difference one way or the other. My skin doesn't feel any better or worse than when I use other products. While I don't have acne, I wouldn't call this a miracle worker anyway. Very unimpressive product in my opinion, that I repurchase because of convenience and price.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Please do not purchase this chemical lardin product! I have never had an allergic reaction to any products before this one. I only used it once and it broke my skin out into a red scaly rash, not a good look at all!!! Took well over a week for it to heal. Looked at the ingredient and should have known better, I just needed a cheap cleanser before finding a Lush store as I'm on holidays overseas. I wi never buy a neutrogena product again.

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2.0

3 years ago

I read the awful reviews and purchased anyways. I've heard both sides for this cleanser. It works like magic or it turns your face to leather. For me, it's been both. It has really helped with most of my leftover acne that I haven't been able to target within just a few washes but oh hell has my moisture barrier ever been compromised. I've given it 2 lippes because after my barrier is healed, I fully intend to use this as a once/week product. It packs a hell of a punch and should be used sparingly

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I love this face wash. I used it a ton in middle school and high school before I really got into skincare and tried other stuff. I recently had terrible breakouts from the Garnier miceller water and was desperate for something to help. I bought this because I remember it working well. I wish I never stopped using it. After two days my skin cleared dramatically. I never got too dry, I do use a semi heavy duty moisturizer though, definitely use some type of moisturizer after. My skin wasn't irritated at all. I'm not sure if the grapefruit does anything but I love the smell. If you are sensitive to smells I would recommend the green redness reducing one as the smell in that one is very mild. I highly recommend trying this is you are having issues with acne. It works great and isn't very expensive.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

I love it! It smells really nice fresh and fruity The packaging is lovely and Pink It foams really well It clears and softens Skin I use it when double cleansing with coconut oil and it washes away all the coconut oil making my skin clean and refreshed! <33

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

This is one of my favorite cleansers from the drugstore. I ended up using this as a night cleanser, as it seems too harsh to use in the morning. On my combination skin, this cleanser left my skin feeling very clean, to the point that it was drying without moisturizer. I would recommend this product to people who have more combination-oily to oily skin because of the potential drying quality. I find that after time, it does keep my acne at bay especially when used with a salicylic acid acne treatment. In addition to the cleanser being slightly drying, the grapefruit fragrance might not be for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin. It is not strong and it does not linger on the skin after rinsing but it is apparent when you are using it. Even though Neutrogena claims that the pink grapefruit is "100% naturally derived", there is still added fragrance in it. When I stopped using this cleanser after almost a year of using it daily, I found that I had more frequent breakouts. For less than $10 and frequent drugstore sales and coupons, I believe this is a great option for acne prone skin.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

from

4 years ago

THIS PRODUCT IS A GODSEND! I am seriously in love with this product. I had a massive breakout and my dermatologist recommended this. I had pretty bad cystic acne at the time and after my first week of using this my face was REALLY dry and flaky. My dermatologist told me not to use a moisturizer so I nearly threw the bottle out. Thank god I didn't! I noticed after the first week that, although my skin became very dry, all the bumps were gone! My face looked the same but the texture was completely different. It has now been six months and I am on my second bottle and everyone is asking what I've done to my face! My acne has completely cleared up! I do however still have horrible scarring (If anyone could recommend something for that, that would be great). I would definitely recommend this to anyone with stress-induced acne(I'm not sure if it would work with hormonal acne). As for the packaging, I actually hate the smell but the bottle is very practical(can be locked so it won't spill in your bag).

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I never usually write reviews, but I believe I need to tell people how much I hate this product to save others from the same horrors. I have always been intrigued by this facewash, as I have seen it on the shelves for many years.. so it must be good? Absolutely not. After about three days of using this my skin broke out with tiny little bumps all over, and it sucked out every single bit of moisture I had from my face. I have now stopped using this product for a week, and my skin still has not gotten back to normal. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Sooooo noooooo I personally feel quite betrayed by this product, because it smells fantastic and I genuinely thought I was making good life choices. This over-fragranced face wash broke me out like mad, every. single. week. It was only after I jumped onto the Paula's Choice/ Caroline Hirons train of skincare wisdom that I realized I was shoving irritatingly harsh fruity soap all over my delicate face. I personally think foaming face washes are fine, but this is too harsh and it makes your skin worse. It's attractively affordable but it's so not worth it, I'd rather switch to using body wash on my face than use this again.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral