Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 1/29/2018 1:21:00 PM

I think this is the same product I use but in Finland the name is Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash. The product is deep cleansing and tends to dry out my skin but that's what moisturisers are for. Anyways, this product in the only thing I've found that gets rid of my blackheads (in combination with Olivia Klein's Hydra Lotion which is a very light and lovely moisturizer). Smells awesome!

on 1/25/2018 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this for a few years now as my skin moves from very oily, (54) with constant breakouts to more combination skin as I age. I love the smell, and no, I don't like fragrance normally, but it is washed off. My dermatologist recommended this for me and it's been a holy grail. I never, ever scrub with it. I use my fingers gently and move it around, following it with a Witch Hazel, alcohol free toner, to get it all off. I blot between with a towel. It has not irritated my skin, but it has helped remove some of my small bumps and has never caused irritation, or burning. I just love this and I know it's not the most popular on the market, but for the money and the recommendation, it's been perfect for me.

on 12/16/2017 1:25:00 PM

This stuff is toxic ☠️LOL they should print a freaking poison symbol on this crap 💩 ☠️! Read all the bad reviews on this garbage & believe them !& you should look 👀 @ all the bad reviews on their neutrogena website too & check out how this poison stuff messed up people's faces & it's interesting how neutrogena responds by saying " this is not typical please call us " in fact so many people have complained that it's bad so it is typical! 😳LOL!

What's up with Neutrogena's Grapefruit line of skin care?! Just like their grapefruit moisturizer, this cleanser made my skin feel liek it was burning and angry. I'm so upset that this product is still available! It needs to be discontinued ASAP. I've found so many complaints about this cleanser and the grapefruit moisturizer as well, and they have both been around for years despite the reactions. SHAME on Neutrogena for continuing to carry toxic products.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is way, way too harsh; I have sensitive skin, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it for any skin type due to the harshness and the heavy fragrance. Even when my skin was less sensitive this really dried my face out and caused way more problems than it could have solved. It does smell nice, but face stuff doesn't need to smell nice--it needs to not wreck my face. I'd honestly just recommend staying far away from this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have somewhat sensitive, very oily skin and harsh cleaners can leave me with slight dry patches- this monstrosity had my entire face peeling after two uses. Unless you have the world's toughest skin, I wouldn't touch this, and even then there are many better cleansers at the drugstore and even in the Neutrogena range.

on 7/6/2017 10:06:00 AM

I have been using this product for years and I have come to depend on it to keep my face clear. I am 62 years old but my face will still break out like a younger person if it isn't kept clean. I also gently exfoliate each time I wash my face. Not many women my age do these things but my skin is still oily so it's necessary. And...my skin looks much younger than my age so I am happy about that! I love it! I hope Neutrogena never stops making this product!

on 6/18/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a bottle of this for $6 at Target for my 12 year old who is starting to break out and has a typically oily-teen-T-zone. So far no issues but she does not use this every day. Can be drying by the nature of its ingredients.

I bought this because I have oily skin, and I´m usually fine using just micellar water but around my period it´s a freaking oil fest so I thought, maybe I can use this in the week before my period and it´ll do me a favor.
And it did, after using it 1-2 nights (only once a day) my skin was significantly less oily, but one more time and it overdried like it was getting paid for. It overdried my skin so bad it hurts, the sun hurts, the wind hurts, and I´m all red and bumpy around my mouth. This has happened to me twice so for me, I know it was this product that caused it. And maybe I´m allergic to a specific ingredient in this, but I still wanted to do this review because I´ve read others about this same product and found similar opinions.
I´ll never buy this again, I actually just threw away an almost full bottle of it, it was that bad for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A lot of people hate this product but it cleared my terrible acne in like 2 weeks . It first makes your skin worse the first week then after that my skin cleared up and now I have no more acne . I live in South Africa though so ours is different it's not the acne wash it's just the pink grapefruit so it might be a different formula that's why it worked for me 🤔