Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

I love it!
It smells really nice fresh and fruity
The packaging is lovely and Pink
It foams really well
It clears and softens Skin
I use it when double cleansing with coconut oil and it washes away all the coconut oil making my skin clean and refreshed!
<33

This is one of my favorite cleansers from the drugstore. I ended up using this as a night cleanser, as it seems too harsh to use in the morning. On my combination skin, this cleanser left my skin feeling very clean, to the point that it was drying without moisturizer.

I would recommend this product to people who have more combination-oily to oily skin because of the potential drying quality. I find that after time, it does keep my acne at bay especially when used with a salicylic acid acne treatment.

In addition to the cleanser being slightly drying, the grapefruit fragrance might not be for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin. It is not strong and it does not linger on the skin after rinsing but it is apparent when you are using it. Even though Neutrogena claims that the pink grapefruit is "100% naturally derived", there is still added fragrance it.

When I stopped using this cleanser after almost a year of using it daily, I found that I had more frequent breakouts. For less than $10 and frequent drugstore sales and coupons, I believe this is a great option for acne prone skin.

To Read all 620 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/26/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT IS A GODSEND!
I am seriously in love with this product. I had a massive breakout and my dermatologist recommended this.
I had pretty bad cystic acne at the time and after my first week of using this my face was REALLY dry and flaky. My dermatologist told me not to use a moisturizer so I nearly threw the bottle out. Thank god I didn't!
I noticed after the first week that, although my skin became very dry, all the bumps were gone! My face looked the same but the texture was completely different.
It has now been six months and I am on my second bottle and everyone is asking what I've done to my face! My acne has completely cleared up! I do however still have horrible scarring (If anyone could recommend something for that, that would be great).
I would definitely recommend this to anyone with stress-induced acne(I'm not sure if it would work with hormonal acne).
As for the packaging, I actually hate the smell but the bottle is very practical(can be locked so it won't spill in your bag).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I never usually write reviews, but I believe I need to tell people how much I hate this product to save others from the same horrors. I have always been intrigued by this facewash, as I have seen it on the shelves for many years.. so it must be good? Absolutely not. After about three days of using this my skin broke out with tiny little bumps all over, and it sucked out every single bit of moisture I had from my face. I have now stopped using this product for a week, and my skin still has not gotten back to normal. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sooooo

noooooo

I personally feel quite betrayed by this product, because it smells fantastic and I genuinely thought I was making good life choices.

This over-fragranced face wash broke me out like mad, every. single. week. It was only after I jumped onto the Paula's Choice/ Caroline Hirons train of skincare wisdom that I realized I was shoving irritatingly harsh fruity soap all over my delicate face.

I personally think foaming face washes are fine, but this is too harsh and it makes your skin worse. It's attractively affordable but it's so not worth it, I'd rather switch to using body wash on my face than use this again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i love that product really it is the best one for oily or combined skin also i love the color and the smell however you must put a moisturizer after it but it don't dry the skin so much

I love this product, it works like a miracle. It gets reduces pimples, zits, blackheads, and white head like they are crumbs on a table. I would recommend this any day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Too drying for my face.It reminds me of Vichy Normaderm face wash.It made my acne worse,because it striped all of the oil of my face and because of that skin produced even more which lead to acne.It's a vicious circle,I use Palmers gel now,which is less harsh and my skin is finally clean and not super oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The amount of harmful chemicals in this product was enough to make me hesitate to use this. What attracted me was the strong and sweet grapefruit smell, but the actual cleanser was so harsh that it stripped all oil from my oily skin (it contains sulfate, which is used in detergents and industrial cleanser to completely get rid of oil. This is not something you want to be putting on your face). My face became hot, red and irritated, and much oilier afterwards because of the irritation and also from the loss of facial oils. I used to use this cleanser in my early teens and it aggravated my acne. I never understood why an oil free acne wash would make me oilier and break out even more but after learning about the ingredients they put in cheap drugstore cosmetics, it's evident that the more natural a product is, the better and more effective it will be for you skin. I will never go back to harmful products like these.

on 1/24/2016 6:02:00 PM

This product to terrible. Please do not use it! It made my face swell and then turn really red with little white pimples everywhere! It was so painful. It feels like a chemical burn. Someone should do something about the product! Not cool.