Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have hormonal acne prone skin and a previous world-renowed dermatologist in Chicago suggest to my husband that the original neutrogena bar is what he would constantly recommend to his patients, so following that theme, I always like to try Neutrogena products.

I began to use this facewash with my Clarisonic. Unfortunately, i noticed my skin become dull, and did nothing to help my acne. I finished the bottle and won't be purchasing again. This might work great for some (teens, etc) but for adult skin, didn't work for me.

I bought this due to heavy advertising... the last time I will buy something without checking MakeupAlley. This stuff was drying and harsh on my combination, acne-plagued skin. I'm starting to clear up, but that was after I dumped this crap cleanser on its ass where it belongs. But hey, it did smell good.

on 1/12/2017 9:36:00 PM

I don't know why people keep buying this cleanser. It dried my skin out after just one use. Way too harsh for skin and I wouldn't consider mine to be sensitive at all. Gave me flakey dry skin. DO NOT BUY!

Destroyed my skins barrier. Gave me the worse acne I've ever had. DO NOT BUY

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff dried my skin out!! The scrub didn't do that though. It did help get rid of some of my acne but the itchiness and flaking though. I'd prefer something else.

on 12/31/2016 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

For me this product is simply this: a face cleanser. It helps me to get my makeup off post makeup remover wipes, and to cleanse it so that I can moisturize. I notice no difference one way or the other. My skin doesn't feel any better or worse than when I use other products. While I don't have acne, I wouldn't call this a miracle worker anyway. Very unimpressive product in my opinion, that I repurchase because of convenience and price.

on 12/9/2016 9:05:00 PM

Please do not purchase this chemical lardin product! I have never had an allergic reaction to any products before this one. I only used it once and it broke my skin out into a red scaly rash, not a good look at all!!! Took well over a week for it to heal.
Looked at the ingredient and should have known better, I just needed a cheap cleanser before finding a Lush store as I'm on holidays overseas.
I wi never buy a neutrogena product again.

on 12/2/2016 11:04:00 PM

I read the awful reviews and purchased anyways. I've heard both sides for this cleanser. It works like magic or it turns your face to leather. For me, it's been both. It has really helped with most of my leftover acne that I haven't been able to target within just a few washes but oh hell has my moisture barrier ever been compromised. I've given it 2 lippes because after my barrier is healed, I fully intend to use this as a once/week product. It packs a hell of a punch and should be used sparingly

on 11/22/2016 1:03:00 PM

I love this face wash. I used it a ton in middle school and high school before I really got into skincare and tried other stuff. I recently had terrible breakouts from the Garnier miceller water and was desperate for something to help. I bought this because I remember it working well. I wish I never stopped using it. After two days my skin cleared dramatically. I never got too dry, I do use a semi heavy duty moisturizer though, definitely use some type of moisturizer after. My skin wasn't irritated at all. I'm not sure if the grapefruit does anything but I love the smell. If you are sensitive to smells I would recommend the green redness reducing one as the smell in that one is very mild. I highly recommend trying this is you are having issues with acne. It works great and isn't very expensive.

I love it!
It smells really nice fresh and fruity
The packaging is lovely and Pink
It foams really well
It clears and softens Skin
I use it when double cleansing with coconut oil and it washes away all the coconut oil making my skin clean and refreshed!
<33