Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

I bought this because I have oily skin, and I´m usually fine using just micellar water but around my period it´s a freaking oil fest so I thought, maybe I can use this in the week before my period and it´ll do me a favor.
And it did, after using it 1-2 nights (only once a day) my skin was significantly less oily, but one more time and it overdried like it was getting paid for. It overdried my skin so bad it hurts, the sun hurts, the wind hurts, and I´m all red and bumpy around my mouth. This has happened to me twice so for me, I know it was this product that caused it. And maybe I´m allergic to a specific ingredient in this, but I still wanted to do this review because I´ve read others about this same product and found similar opinions.
I´ll never buy this again, I actually just threw away an almost full bottle of it, it was that bad for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A lot of people hate this product but it cleared my terrible acne in like 2 weeks . It first makes your skin worse the first week then after that my skin cleared up and now I have no more acne . I live in South Africa though so ours is different it's not the acne wash it's just the pink grapefruit so it might be a different formula that's why it worked for me 🤔

on 1/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This one gets a lot of hate, but I happen to quite like it.

I use it to remove makeup before toning and moisturising. The simple reason why I like it, is that it does what it`s suppose to do - remove my make-up without causing me breakouts or other problems. I even use it around my eyes with no irritation at all.

I also like the scent, texture and feel of the product. The pricepoint is nice too. The only drawback in my experience is that your skin almost feels like you used dishwasher liquid to clean your face because there is hardly fat/oil left on your face afterwards. Therefore you do have to be particular about mosturising.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have hormonal acne prone skin and a previous world-renowed dermatologist in Chicago suggest to my husband that the original neutrogena bar is what he would constantly recommend to his patients, so following that theme, I always like to try Neutrogena products.

I began to use this facewash with my Clarisonic. Unfortunately, i noticed my skin become dull, and did nothing to help my acne. I finished the bottle and won't be purchasing again. This might work great for some (teens, etc) but for adult skin, didn't work for me.

I bought this due to heavy advertising... the last time I will buy something without checking MakeupAlley. This stuff was drying and harsh on my combination, acne-plagued skin. I'm starting to clear up, but that was after I dumped this crap cleanser on its ass where it belongs. But hey, it did smell good.

on 1/12/2017 9:36:00 PM

Dried my skin out so bad. I don't know why this product is so popular. This strips away your skin of any protective barriers all while smelling like sweet grapefruit. Definitely not into this product, no matter how sweet and pretty it looks. Pass.

Destroyed my skins barrier. Gave me the worse acne I've ever had. DO NOT BUY

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff dried my skin out!! The scrub didn't do that though. It did help get rid of some of my acne but the itchiness and flaking though. I'd prefer something else.

on 12/31/2016 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

For me this product is simply this: a face cleanser. It helps me to get my makeup off post makeup remover wipes, and to cleanse it so that I can moisturize. I notice no difference one way or the other. My skin doesn't feel any better or worse than when I use other products. While I don't have acne, I wouldn't call this a miracle worker anyway. Very unimpressive product in my opinion, that I repurchase because of convenience and price.

on 12/9/2016 9:05:00 PM

Please do not purchase this chemical lardin product! I have never had an allergic reaction to any products before this one. I only used it once and it broke my skin out into a red scaly rash, not a good look at all!!! Took well over a week for it to heal.
Looked at the ingredient and should have known better, I just needed a cheap cleanser before finding a Lush store as I'm on holidays overseas.
I wi never buy a neutrogena product again.