Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

What's up with Neutrogena's Grapefruit line of skin care?! Just like their grapefruit moisturizer, this cleanser made my skin feel liek it was burning and angry. I'm so upset that this product is still available! It needs to be discontinued ASAP. I've found so many complaints about this cleanser and the grapefruit moisturizer as well, and they have both been around for years despite the reactions. SHAME on Neutrogena for continuing to carry toxic products.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is way, way too harsh; I have sensitive skin, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it for any skin type due to the harshness and the heavy fragrance. Even when my skin was less sensitive this really dried my face out and caused way more problems than it could have solved. It does smell nice, but face stuff doesn't need to smell nice--it needs to not wreck my face. I'd honestly just recommend staying far away from this product.

on 6/18/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a bottle of this for $6 at Target for my 12 year old who is starting to break out and has a typically oily-teen-T-zone. So far no issues but she does not use this every day. Can be drying by the nature of its ingredients.

I bought this because I have oily skin, and I´m usually fine using just micellar water but around my period it´s a freaking oil fest so I thought, maybe I can use this in the week before my period and it´ll do me a favor.
And it did, after using it 1-2 nights (only once a day) my skin was significantly less oily, but one more time and it overdried like it was getting paid for. It overdried my skin so bad it hurts, the sun hurts, the wind hurts, and I´m all red and bumpy around my mouth. This has happened to me twice so for me, I know it was this product that caused it. And maybe I´m allergic to a specific ingredient in this, but I still wanted to do this review because I´ve read others about this same product and found similar opinions.
I´ll never buy this again, I actually just threw away an almost full bottle of it, it was that bad for me.

on 7/6/2017 10:06:00 AM

I have been using this product for years and I have come to depend on it to keep my face clear. I am 62 years old but my face will still break out like a younger person if it isn't kept clean. I also gently exfoliate each time I wash my face. Not many women my age do these things but my skin is still oily so it's necessary. And...my skin looks much younger than my age so I am happy about that! I love it! I hope Neutrogena never stops making this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have somewhat sensitive, very oily skin and harsh cleaners can leave me with slight dry patches- this monstrosity had my entire face peeling after two uses. Unless you have the world's toughest skin, I wouldn't touch this, and even then there are many better cleansers at the drugstore and even in the Neutrogena range.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have hormonal acne prone skin and a previous world-renowed dermatologist in Chicago suggest to my husband that the original neutrogena bar is what he would constantly recommend to his patients, so following that theme, I always like to try Neutrogena products.

I began to use this facewash with my Clarisonic. Unfortunately, i noticed my skin become dull, and did nothing to help my acne. I finished the bottle and won't be purchasing again. This might work great for some (teens, etc) but for adult skin, didn't work for me.

I bought this due to heavy advertising... the last time I will buy something without checking MakeupAlley. This stuff was drying and harsh on my combination, acne-plagued skin. I'm starting to clear up, but that was after I dumped this crap cleanser on its ass where it belongs. But hey, it did smell good.

on 1/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This one gets a lot of hate, but I happen to quite like it.

I use it to remove makeup before toning and moisturising. The simple reason why I like it, is that it does what it`s suppose to do - remove my make-up without causing me breakouts or other problems. I even use it around my eyes with no irritation at all.

I also like the scent, texture and feel of the product. The pricepoint is nice too. The only drawback in my experience is that your skin almost feels like you used dishwasher liquid to clean your face because there is hardly fat/oil left on your face afterwards. Therefore you do have to be particular about mosturising.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A lot of people hate this product but it cleared my terrible acne in like 2 weeks . It first makes your skin worse the first week then after that my skin cleared up and now I have no more acne . I live in South Africa though so ours is different it's not the acne wash it's just the pink grapefruit so it might be a different formula that's why it worked for me 🤔