Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 11/20/2016 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm still on the fence with this here. Probably I don't want to rate it to high because every time I do, that product stops working for me and I start wondering why I was so excited in the first place. But so far I have been using this serum every morning under my moisturizer for 6 months and I can say that I noticed that my skin became smoother and clearer in the first 6 weeks and still is. For this reason I have bought now a new 50ml bottle, which I think will last me one year, and I hope that it will keep doing this small little wonder for me. I can't really say what it does but my skin just looks much better with less lines and smaller pores (but this could be also the result of my other wonder worker, Avene PhisioLift Night that I have started using around the same time). I only use half or one pump on a very damp face after a toner (Avene water or witch hazel toner). If your fingers are also damp it spreads much better so you don't need to use a lot and plaster your face with it. You will feel that your skin becomes smooth but also kind of dry (this is the effect the silica powder). This is why you will need a good moisturizer if you have dry skin, especially around your eyes. For oily or combination skins this is a dream.
Anyway, I only bought it because I was looking for a good primer to use before my foundations to smooth the fine lines and the large pores and make my makeup last longer, and because this is loaded with silica powder and with silicons I thought I rather splash on something that has also other amazing ingredients and is suppose to do something good to my skin, than on a shamelessly expensive Hourglass primer which is only made of silica powder and silicons.

Just an advice if you are tempted to buy it on Ebay, be very careful because there are many sellers that sell fakes. The first time I have ordered it on Ebay, 5 samples at 7ml, and I was lucky. The second time it was a fake and I had to open a case to get a refund. It is worth spending a bit more to have the real thing and keep in mind, if the price is too good to be true it is mostly not true. But you can mostly find it for a quite good price on online retailers or at US duty free.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used to love this serum, it was my HG for about 5 year, but not anymore. I recently develop rosacea that comes and goes depends on the products I use. Unfortunately this one is a big 'no'.
Pros:
- very smooth velvety feeling on skin
- improves skin quality (color, surface) when used constantly
- works well to diminish starting to appear fine lines
- the packaging is well made, very pretty and comes in several sizes (7ml - tester, 30ml - regular, 50ml - regular, 100ml - sold at airports only)

Cons:
- my makeup moves when applied over this serum (I had to use it at night only)
- provoke rosacea's redness and breakouts

on 9/18/2016 10:55:00 AM

I have used this serum in it's current formula and previous one for many years. I have stop using it and replaced it with other day serums but I have found that my skin looks dull without it. I know that Beautypedia indicated in their review that the effect of this product is cosmetic. However, I noticed that the longer I use this product religiously, the better my skin becomes. My only pet peeve is the packaging. It is very difficult to get the last amount of product out. I have to turn the bottle upside down and scrape it out with a q-tip. Since this is very pricey, I want to get every last drop out.

on 3/17/2016 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this about three weeks now under my moisturiser in the morning, and I like how it is slick and "blurs" my lines. I don't know ultimately if it's helping the underlying problem, but it makes my skin look better and smoother. Probably will buy again unless I find something similar with better hydration.

on 3/2/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently decided to give this a try. I have been using it for about one month and must admit it is wonderful. I have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. My lines are a bit less noticeable and my skin is more supple. I don't have to scrub as much. I still alternate between my Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Hydrating Serum and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream with Retinol for nighttime along with Cerave Moisture Cream. I spot treat my dry areas with Olive Oil too. I also use a mild antioxident night cream to give my face a break from strong treatments every third night.

Perfectionist is a day treatment and this is how I use it when I am not using Estee Lauder's Perfectionist Foundation or Chanel's Les Beiges Healthy Glow Fluid (my all time favorite!):

First for the day I cleanse then I apply toner(s) to my combination skin and fresh Aloe Vera gel. Then I apply Perfectionist to my entire face and my eye area as well. Next my Sunscreen goes on.

I honestly think it is a great serum but as far as skin care goes it is all in the regimen. If you are regular in your use then the proper effects can happen. Everyone is different too. I personally am a fan of Perfectionist. The cost is steep and there are other products you can use that contain Peptides as well. I am not sure how they perform as I have not tried them as of yet. I was impressed with the Perfectionist Foundation so I got the Serum. Estee Lauder has some of the best skin care on the market and I now know it is not just hype either

on 5/19/2015 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite skin treatment. HG, if you want to call it that. I use Retin-A at night (have for nearly 40 years) and Perfectionist in the morning. It's all I need.

I like the actives in this...polypeptides, yeasties and algeas, hyaluronic acid, collagen, licorice and soy to lighten and brighten skin. I love the aesthetics of the serum...nice silicones for slip which make it great as a primer as others have mentioned. I like the way my skin feels, and like what the serum has done to my skin over time. I have never once broken out from it.

Over the years I've bought and used hundreds of products looking for the fountain of youth. I could have funded a country on what I've spent, using the most and least expensive stuff out there. The most effective turns out to be the simplest...a gentle cleanser like Cereve; very occasional exfoliation with a gentle scrub alternated with AHAs and/or BHAs...drugstore is fine; Retin-A; EL Perfectionist; and almost any moisturizer that works for my skintype (I like the Cereve line, Olay, Estee Lauder, some Clinique). Did I mention sunscreen? (Cereve or Neutrogena work just fine.)

What's important for me now is that the skincare I use be effective and proven by science (backed by progressive research), easy to acquire, gentle, and feel good on my skin...prbly in that order. Oh, and my skin needs to look its best without upset. And I can't get completely bored with a product...the results have to inspire me to keep using it.

I could prbly add vitC to my skincare routine, but don't worry about it. And I have not found a good eye cream. I'm using Algenist brand eye creams at the moment, which I find to be merely average. What I do lately is use a tiny bit of Retin-A under my eyes...which can be dangerous, cause I react so quickly there, but there's nothing like the wrinkle-fighting power of Retin-A.

I think what I'm trying to say is that benign neglect is the perfect way to handle my skin, as long as I have some heavy hitters in there working for me like Perfectionist. The rest I can let go.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this serum, I have been using about 6 months now in conjunction with the Estes Lauder Micro Essence lotion after cleansing and could not be happier. No breakouts or sensitivity, is very pleasant to use, great consistency and goes in great with my skin care routine. I have noticed with time a clearer younger looking appearance to my skin with regular use (every night before moisturizing). In addition to that, this could be a stand alone product since once applied it has a mattifying, smoothing effect on the skin that almost reminds me of a primer. Basically your skin looks great immediately after applying but also has long term use benefits. And although my skin is very oily I need to moisturize on top of this anyways. I have used many serums through the years (Caudalie, Dior, Boots, Algenist) and really am pretty happy that I have found one I can stick with. I would have to say though that using about 7 pumps per night (face neck chest) the 1.7oz lasts me maybe a month and a half so kind of on the pricey side but with results and no breakouts I will continue to repurchase.

on 11/22/2014 8:33:00 AM

This is my favorite serum up to date. It's unscented, it's full of beneficial ingredients, which won't diminish deep wrinkles, but can help protect your skin from future damage. The silicone content doesn't make it unpleasant to use, but provides a nice, smooth finish and fills the smaller wrinkles for the day. It's an excellent primer, so I like to use it in the morning under make-up. For night I prefer Lauder's ANR or Clinique's Super Rescue Antioxidant.

Awesome serum. I use it once a day, in the morning before applying makeup. It feels and works like a primer! It has a very smooth, silicon-y texture and instantly diminishes the look of pores and fine lines. I am almost finished with my bottle, and I think I may try something different next (just because of all the options on the market!) but I will certainly come back to this in the future!

on 10/4/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Being in my early 30's now, I figured it's time to add another serum to my routine. I was interested in this because it has fish collagen in it. Like others have said- it does have a very thick consistency and lots of silicones to help smooth out/plumped up the fine line areas.
This is good for those starting to have fine lines. I mainly used this on my forehead, smile lines, and near eye area, and jaw line . I don't wear makeup on a daily basis but I can feel that this could be used as a primer. For now, I only use this 3 days a week on weekends.
I still love the advanced night repair serum so I use this during the weekdays from Mon- Thursday. Wish this serum isn't so darn pricey. Still experimenting with this routine.