Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 5/19/2015 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite skin treatment. HG, if you want to call it that. I use Retin-A at night (have for nearly 40 years) and Perfectionist in the morning. It's all I need.

I like the actives in this...polypeptides, yeasties and algeas, hyaluronic acid, collagen, licorice and soy to lighten and brighten skin. I love the aesthetics of the serum...nice silicones for slip which make it great as a primer as others have mentioned. I like the way my skin feels, and like what the serum has done to my skin over time. I have never once broken out from it.

Over the years I've bought and used hundreds of products looking for the fountain of youth. I could have funded a country on what I've spent, using the most and least expensive stuff out there. The most effective turns out to be the simplest...a gentle cleanser like Cereve; very occasional exfoliation with a gentle scrub alternated with AHAs and/or BHAs...drugstore is fine; Retin-A; EL Perfectionist; and almost any moisturizer that works for my skintype (I like the Cereve line, Olay, Estee Lauder, some Clinique). Did I mention sunscreen? (Cereve or Neutrogena work just fine.)

What's important for me now is that the skincare I use be effective and proven by science (backed by progressive research), easy to acquire, gentle, and feel good on my skin...prbly in that order. Oh, and my skin needs to look its best without upset. And I can't get completely bored with a product...the results have to inspire me to keep using it.

I could prbly add vitC to my skincare routine, but don't worry about it. And I have not found a good eye cream. I'm using Algenist brand eye creams at the moment, which I find to be merely average. What I do lately is use a tiny bit of Retin-A under my eyes...which can be dangerous, cause I react so quickly there, but there's nothing like the wrinkle-fighting power of Retin-A.

I think what I'm trying to say is that benign neglect is the perfect way to handle my skin, as long as I have some heavy hitters in there working for me like Perfectionist. The rest I can let go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you are older, try it on half your face. I tried it on half my face, and the results were so dramatic I immediately bought the jumbo size online. You can't tell the difference if you put it on your whole face so do half when you first try it! I am over 60. I believe this wonderful purple potion is made for older ladies. It is not a moisturizer. I received a sample packet from Macy's, after reading on Paula Begoun's site that it was like a girdle for skin, she gave it a Best rating. I had to do an errand right after I first tried it, and I looked at the side view window of the car, and was afraid to go in the store because I was afraid they would think I had a stroke, the two sides of my face are so different. The SA at Macy's said they run out frequently. The 3.4 oz. for $168 is the best deal. I feel it is worth every penny, because when I put it on, I can feel the saggy parts held in place and tightened, it IS like a girdle. The pump bottle measures out a perfect amount. I just wish it was cheaper, but you can't have everything.

on 9/27/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I blithely bought this serum 'cause I wanted to 'qualify' for a gwp. I have used many, many cosmetic and skin care items and have never expected too much; just so long as they were decent, I was happy. Well after a few weeks people started asking me what was I doing? One friend that I had not seen for awhile asked if I had 'work' done? My DH started to call me "beauty" for heavens sake. So I am convinced that this stuff DOES do something to improve skin. I guess I really needed the improvement so it shows!

on 5/19/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. I've been using Perfectionist for a month, twice a day, only on my wrinkled areas. I haven't seen any significant improvement. Kudos to Estee Lauder for the sanitary packaging!
(I saved the pump container and use it for Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II.)

on 8/20/2008 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Another excellent "must try" new product! Thank you, thank you cavewoman for recommending this wonderful new serum. I was suffering from an ugly, really bad reaction (blackheads and enlarged pores around my nose) from overusing a much too strong vitamin serum. I used CP+ serum a few times and the whole mess literally cleared up within a couple of days! That's awesome! I am now using the serum (daytime) on targeted areas with the goal of removing a few persistent brown spots and in conjunction with EL Ultimate Youth Cream (nightime) which is also top notch for mature, dry skin (reviewed that as well if you're interested). The prior reviews thoroughly explain CP+ benefits and ingredients, so I am simply adding this to show my appreciation to cavewoman for her recommendation and to share my initial positive results. UPDATE 9/2/08: My personal "negative" on this is the very strong scent....too flowery and sweet for me. Fortunately, the odor dissipates quickly once on the skin, so it's not a show stopper. The 1.7oz well designed container (efficient pump in a sturdy glass bottle) is an excellent value for $80. This product will last a LONG time and I am very hopeful, based on the prior great reviews, that the results will be long lasting as well.

on 8/17/2008 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week and a half. While I love how it feels on my face, I still see my wrinkles exactly the same , altho it says you should see some improvement after the first week. I'm disappointed.

on 7/29/2008 7:21:00 AM

My love affair with the former version of Perfectionist CP+ lasted for years. It is truly the only treatment product that I have ever used that gave me exactly what it promised. I had run out, and was at the Lauder counter to get more, and I saw the new purple bottle sitting on the counter. My SA told me that this was the newest version. She said it was even better, and I could not even figure out how that could be, but I bought it. At first as I started to use it, I was pleased with the way it felt on my skin, it feels like it is full of silicones. It definitely leaves a film on the skin and filled in pores and lines, but somehow it felt thicker on my face than the older version of CP+. I used the new version for a few weeks. I noticed a slight lightening effect on some spots on my face, but when using foundation over top of this new version, it seemed to make my foundation cake and clump and go on unevenly. I prefer the original CP+ and fortunately it is still sold at the CCO Lauder Outlets.