Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, PCA Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Distearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Cocamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Trimethylolpropane Tricaprylate/Tricaprate, Hydrogenated Propylene, PEG-150 Distearate, Polyquaternium-7 Dimethiconol, Isolaureth-6, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Silicone Quaternium-2, Panthenol Succinate, Cetyl Triethylmonium Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Panthenyl Ethyl Ester, Disteareth-7

Both my boyfriend and I enjoy this particular shampoo.

I remember being introduced to this by the original by my ex years ago, and I remember liking it immediately. Not only did my hair feel clean, but it left a nice tingle/cooling sensation afterward.

For starters, I have coarse and somewhat frizzy hair, and this seems to do the trick. When letting my hair air dry, I've noticed that I've left with frizz-free soft waves. Plus, there's not a strong scent left in my hair afterwards.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, has perfect hair. The only real complaint that he has is a somewhat severe case of dandruff, and he's relied on a cheap Wal-Mart brand that hasn't really done him any favors. Apparently, this has been a god-send as his hair and shoulders have remained virtually flake free.

Granted, this doesn't leave the same cooling/tingling sensation afterward, but it's definitely worth purchasing - especially those who suffer from the "dandruff halo."

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very impressed with this shampoo. Despite having sulfates, It hasn't stripped my hair color after nearly finishing a whole 10oz bottle and that's saying alot since I have blue hair. I have noticed a major improvement with the softness and strength in my hair as well. Although it isn't a bad scent I'm not crazy about it. I'm more of a fruity or floral scented kinda gal so that's the only thing that breaks it for me but if you're into the more minty basil,( and of course )lavender scents you are gonna love this stuff! It is the best shampoo I have ever tried to give you a squeaky clean feeling without stripping the moisture out of your hair or overdoing it. It leaves my scalp and hair feeling freshly clean and moisturized without weighing it down which is a good thing coz I have flat hair. Over all a great product. I would highly recommend!

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for 2 years and I still love it. The scent is heavenly and it doesn't weigh down my fine and slightly wavy hair. It cleanses well but doesn't strip and I haven't seen any adverse affects to my colored hair. I really have nothing bad to say about it. I love it so much I buy it in the liter bottles and it lasts a long time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked up the travel size at my local beauty supply to test it out. I do like the scent of lavender and this shampoo has a prominant note of it. The mint gives it a nice balance. It lathers well and leaves my hair feeling clean but doesn't dry out my ends which is a bonus. It leaves my hair smoother with more volume if that makes sense. It gives just enough moisture for my 3b curly hair without weighing it down or leaving any residue. The scent sticks which is nice if you like herbal smells. The knock off at Sally's was not as good despite the matching ingredients. I would buy this again.

on 8/2/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Paul Mitchell products are usually hit or miss for me. Some things i love (super strength line and super skinny serum), and others are just awful (fast drying hair spray and moisture line). To name a few. This shampoo was unfortunately a miss. It smells great and did leave my hair very soft. The problem? It made my scalp itch so badly! I found myself scratching my head for hours after i washed and sometimes at work the next day. People thought i was crazy. I looked like an animal that was flea infested. I do not have a sensitive scalp and ive never had this problem before. Perhaps i dont agree with lavender?? Who knows. Pity... i wont repurchase.

on 2/10/2014 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've tried other Paul Mitchell product and I didn't really care for them but this one it's awesome! I'm about to buy it again, for the third time (shampoo+conditioner) and I don't do that very often. I've noticed the result are great only if you use the shampoo+conditioner, I've tried using the shampoo with a different conditioner and the result wasn't that great.

on 12/27/2013 10:27:00 PM

Totally a HG product for me! I love the smell and it actually made my hair feel so clean without stripping it at all! First shampoo I've really loved from the Paul Mitchell line! I find very few shampoos I love, but this is a definite A+++++

on 4/25/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am extremely impressed with this. I usually do not like shampoos that contain sulfates. However, not only is this not drying in the least it is actually VERY moisturizing. When I use this I can easily run my fingers through my coarse, thick, tangly hair even before conditioner. It leaves my hair soft and the smell is awesome (I do love earthy smells though). The matching conditioner is equally as nice.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This stuff smells absolutely AMAZING. And if made my hair feel SO good and looked smooth. I actually used my sister's but I'll be picking some up tomorrow. Not usually a fan of Paul Mitchell but this one is a winner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this shampoo and conditioner because it smelled delicious in the bottle! I love lavender! It reminds me of Aveda products, which I sadly can't purchase in my small town. This line is supposed to be moisturizing, but I found that it really dried my hair out after using for about 2 weeks. The smell is also very different on my hair than in the bottle. My hair smelled very earthy when dried, kinda like a mix of dirt and patchouli. I even had co-workers comment that I smelled like patchouli. I didn't mind the smell as much as how my hair looked after drying. It was very fuzzy on top with flyaways. It looked dried out. It feels nice when you lather it up and it rinses clean. The conditioner felt like it was moisturizing my hair and it combed through easily, but it just looked fuzzy and gross after it was dry. Both the shampoo and conditioner have a TON of silicones too, which tend to build up on my hair. I don't think I used it long enough for that to be a problem.

Popular Shampoos