Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, PCA Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Distearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Cocamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Trimethylolpropane Tricaprylate/Tricaprate, Hydrogenated Propylene, PEG-150 Distearate, Polyquaternium-7 Dimethiconol, Isolaureth-6, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Silicone Quaternium-2, Panthenol Succinate, Cetyl Triethylmonium Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Panthenyl Ethyl Ester, Disteareth-7

on 1/4/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo. I have tried tons of shampoos both expensive and cheap and this one so far is the best I've tried. My hair is oily at the scalp and dry on the ends and is also very thin and baby fine. I always struggle to find a shampoo that cleans my scalp well but doesn't strip my hair or leave my hair greasy. This one seems to do the trick. I won't be changing shampoos anytime soon.

on 8/31/2016 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have coarse, wavy hair that leans towards dryness, but it's not damaged.

Love the smell, consistency and lather. This shampoo removes my pre wash heavy coconut oiling and leftover silicone from my conditioner. It leaves my hair clean and smelling good. Just like Suave Ocean Breeze, which is a fraction of the price for a liter-sized bottle.
The Paul Mitchell shampoo has dimethicone in it, and I don't like that. My conditioner has silicones, and using both shampoo and conditioner with these agents leaves my hair lank. Won't repurchase.

Shampoo is rinsed out, I really don't believe it can moisturize, it can be less stripping and have a pH that doesn't lift the cuticle, or it can coat with silicones to make hair feel softer and smoother, or both. For me, actual moisturization for hair needs to come from elsewhere, not a rinse off product. I want my shampoo to clean my hair fully.

If you want gentle, I reccomend looking for cocamidopropyl betaine as the strongest cleansing agent, and between 5-7 pH. This shampoo isn't pH balanced, and isn't moisturizing for my hair. Just cleans it and coats it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just recently got this. I thought the Tea Tree Special shampoo smelled way better but I take night showers so I thought the Lavender one would be perfect to help me sleep at night (not that I have problems doing that, lol). It leaves my hair so soft and doesn't kill it. I mix in a little extra virgin olive oil to ensure that my hair isn't completely stripped and it works like a charm. I got the 10 oz bottle for $14.50 at Ulta & I use a medium size amount each time.

Both my boyfriend and I enjoy this particular shampoo.

I remember being introduced to this by the original by my ex years ago, and I remember liking it immediately. Not only did my hair feel clean, but it left a nice tingle/cooling sensation afterward.

For starters, I have coarse and somewhat frizzy hair, and this seems to do the trick. When letting my hair air dry, I've noticed that I've left with frizz-free soft waves. Plus, there's not a strong scent left in my hair afterwards.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, has perfect hair. The only real complaint that he has is a somewhat severe case of dandruff, and he's relied on a cheap Wal-Mart brand that hasn't really done him any favors. Apparently, this has been a god-send as his hair and shoulders have remained virtually flake free.

Granted, this doesn't leave the same cooling/tingling sensation afterward, but it's definitely worth purchasing - especially those who suffer from the "dandruff halo."

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very impressed with this shampoo. Despite having sulfates, It hasn't stripped my hair color after nearly finishing a whole 10oz bottle and that's saying alot since I have blue hair. I have noticed a major improvement with the softness and strength in my hair as well. Although it isn't a bad scent I'm not crazy about it. I'm more of a fruity or floral scented kinda gal so that's the only thing that breaks it for me but if you're into the more minty basil,( and of course )lavender scents you are gonna love this stuff! It is the best shampoo I have ever tried to give you a squeaky clean feeling without stripping the moisture out of your hair or overdoing it. It leaves my scalp and hair feeling freshly clean and moisturized without weighing it down which is a good thing coz I have flat hair. Over all a great product. I would highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using this for 2 years and I still love it. The scent is heavenly and it doesn't weigh down my fine and slightly wavy hair. It cleanses well but doesn't strip and I haven't seen any adverse affects to my colored hair. I really have nothing bad to say about it. I love it so much I buy it in the liter bottles and it lasts a long time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked up the travel size at my local beauty supply to test it out. I do like the scent of lavender and this shampoo has a prominant note of it. The mint gives it a nice balance. It lathers well and leaves my hair feeling clean but doesn't dry out my ends which is a bonus. It leaves my hair smoother with more volume if that makes sense. It gives just enough moisture for my 3b curly hair without weighing it down or leaving any residue. The scent sticks which is nice if you like herbal smells. The knock off at Sally's was not as good despite the matching ingredients. I would buy this again.

on 8/2/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Paul Mitchell products are usually hit or miss for me. Some things i love (super strength line and super skinny serum), and others are just awful (fast drying hair spray and moisture line). To name a few. This shampoo was unfortunately a miss. It smells great and did leave my hair very soft. The problem? It made my scalp itch so badly! I found myself scratching my head for hours after i washed and sometimes at work the next day. People thought i was crazy. I looked like an animal that was flea infested. I do not have a sensitive scalp and ive never had this problem before. Perhaps i dont agree with lavender?? Who knows. Pity... i wont repurchase.

on 2/10/2014 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've tried other Paul Mitchell product and I didn't really care for them but this one it's awesome! I'm about to buy it again, for the third time (shampoo+conditioner) and I don't do that very often. I've noticed the result are great only if you use the shampoo+conditioner, I've tried using the shampoo with a different conditioner and the result wasn't that great.

on 12/27/2013 10:27:00 PM

Totally a HG product for me! I love the smell and it actually made my hair feel so clean without stripping it at all! First shampoo I've really loved from the Paul Mitchell line! I find very few shampoos I love, but this is a definite A+++++

Popular Shampoos