ORIGINS Ginger souffle

No Image

3.9

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 7/5/2006 10:15:00 AM

Ick, thank god I received only a sample of this stuff because it smells terrible! Very citrusy and sharp, burns my nose a little. The composition of the soufflé itself seems nice, I guess? It’s kind of interesting how it clumps together in the tube and won’t separate into little separate blobs. Must mean something good like high density, really rich moisturizing stuff? Except it seems kind of average to me. Yeck, don’t like this stuff at all.

on 6/10/2006 11:36:00 AM

This product smells ok at first, but it became so overbearing for me. It actually made me feel nauseated. I sold it after a few uses. Unless you are the world's hugest fan of the scent of ginger, I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like this cream. It's nice and fluffy and sinks into the skin quickly. I love the zesty and uplifting smell of lime, mandarin, basil, and ginger. It truly is a wonderful combination. The best part is that it leaves the skin silky smooth without feeling greasy. I MIGHT buy it again when I'm in the mood for a citrus lift.

on 4/29/2006 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a good moisturizer and the smell is very different. Funny thing is that my fiancé has asked me twice "What's that smell, I like it". I got this as a sample and I like it alot but the price is a little to step for me to purchase on my own, but if I were to splurge on myself I would buy it but maybe only once or twice a year to pamper myself.

on 4/27/2006 11:06:00 AM

Got this as a GWP from origins.com. I'm not crazy about the smell, smells really lemony to me, I'd much prefer a sweet gingerbread type smell. However, I think the moisturizing properties are great! I put it on 6 hours ago and my legs are still nice and silky smooth ! I wish I liked the smell better, but for those that do, it's a great moisturizer.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

My mom loves this stuff and got me addicted instantly when I smelled it a couple years ago. I love the whole line of ginger products!

I love this stuff, but am too cheap to buy it...I just use it on my hands every time I go to the mall! I will buy it someday...it smells soooo good!

on 3/24/2006 11:16:00 AM

The moisturizing effect aren't as good as some of the other souffles I've tried. I mean, even my lotion moisturizes my skin better than this! I thought souffle are suppose to be more moisturizing than lotion? For the smell, it smell like PEPSI to me. Yes, Pepsi, the soda drink. All my friend said that it does smell like PEPSI after I mentioned it to them. While it does have a warm kind of spicy ginger smell, along with maybe an ultra mild citrus hint with it, it still smell like Pepsi...I would not want to wear something that smell like Pepsi on me. Overall Rating is a 3, moisturizing effect is ok (it's more for someone with oil,normal-dry skin, don't buy it if you're skin is very dry), smell is ok, and the price is crazy at 7oz for $26. I think I'm pretty fair about this...

on 3/1/2006 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this hand cream with a Gloss order, and although I love how moisturizing and light it is, the smell is an incredible turn-off. It's so damn strong! My boyfriend hates it, my office-mates hate it ("What is that smell!?!??!"), and although I can usually deal with intense scents, this is off the charts. I will probably pitch my sample tube before it's finished...shame, because the consistency and moisturizing properties are fabulous.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off, I reall love origins.. have a whole shelf of the stuff. and i really love the ginger line. So when this came out I bought it with a quickness. Smell makes me smile, I love that it has a shimmer to it. Unfortunately it doesnt really moisturize, just feels good for an hour or so then you realize that you have this sticky film on your skin. I can literally rub it off my skin when I wear it. I hate that I spent the money on this and that it smells so good because I've almost made myself layer it under the ginger with a twist spray so the spray will last longer but everytime I regret it and just want to wash it off because of the film it leaves. don't buy it!