3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I read the reviews on MuA before using this product so I didn't have too high of an expectation. Perhaps that's why after my first use, it BLEW ME AWAY with how great it is. I have thin, fine hair that is dry because of the trails and tribulations I've put it through. I'm Asian, but my hair has not been black for at least 8 years. Imagine all the dying jobs I had - plus bleach, I decided to go "blonde" a few times; and the yearly perms in the past few years. My hair's been described as dry grass by every hair stylist I've had. I've tried deep conditioning treatment at saloons but I just can't afford to have it regularly. I use drug-store conditioning treatments with every other shampoo, and it helped a little. Then I used tsubaki and wow, I can feel the difference right after the first use! I kept on touching my hair through-out the day because of how soft and rich it felt; and I got comments from my family member about my hair looking healthy. I never have any itch or anything like the last reviewer - what she describes sounds like an irritation reaction. I used the shampoo with the conditioner, followed by the treatment. It is supposed to stay on for ~10min, but I only kept it in my hair for 1min before rinsing with warm/hot water. Seeing that it has great effect even if I don't follow instructions to a T, I'm excited to see what happens if I follow the regime religiously. Another point I want ot mention is that despite this being an "oil" haircare line, it does not weight down or make my hair feel greasy at all. I wash my hair every other day, but I get super annoyed at the first sign of greasy hair (for me, that is when my bangs start to strand). It's been close to two days since I washed my hair with tsubaki and it still looks very healthy, shiny without greasy look/feel. It also gives my hair a great volume and makes my curls volumized. WOW! Price: yes, it is expensive. However it's doable if you can catch it on sale. I purchased mine from a Japanese mart that had them on sale for $27 (50% off $55) for a package of shampoo (550ml), conditioner (550ml) and treatment (22g). They also had the white line, as well as some of Shiseido's other lines at 50% off as well. Packaging: lovely and sturdy packaging, with the twistable pump (you can twist it back to lock it - good for travelling). love the red. anyway this sits in my shower so I really don't have much need for this to look all kinds of sexy or anything. YES to buying this product again, especially if I catch them on sale I would stock up (lol).

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

8 years ago

The red version of the shampoo makes my head itch something furious -- other shampoos from even generic lines don't do this. I have no idea why! The golden head spa oil conditioner works fine on me, but definitely not this! Will discontinue use.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

8 years ago

This is a review for the Tsubaki Damage care both shampoo and conditioner, white bottle. I heard a lot of good things about this shampoo and conditioner, some people's holy grail on youtube and what not. I was not impressed. i bought the full sized pack of shampoo/conditioner/mask at a japanese store in the mall for about 40 bucks. a little pricey but i figured it'd be worth it. I gave the mask to my cousin. I tried the shampoo and it was heavily fragranced and didnt do much for my hair, i follwed with the conditioner and rinsed it out about 15 minutes later in my shower with ice cold water. I styled and ironed as usual. Later in the day i asked my mom, who sees me daily, to comment on my hair she said she couldnt put her finger on it but my hair looked like it has lost life, and vibrancy. i stopped using this, the next day i returned to my normal shamnpoo and conditioner and styling products from redken and kerastase. My color came back to rich brown. For reference i dont have asian hair, i have wavy/almost curly italian hair, and im male. i will not repurchase. maybe my hair is used to having better things so this was a step down, it'd be a step up for someone using v05 shampoo i'd imagine. I gave this to my friend to use, the full set (generous me!) and her hair looks shinier now and i can definitely tell when she uses it because the fragrance lingers in her hair.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I love this! I am using the Tsubaki SHINING shampoo, which is in the red bottle. This is a silky, weightless shampoo that smells fabulous and rinses out clean. I love the pump bottle style.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Just used the white one for damaged hair. My hair is bleached and colored, so it is quite dry. This smells mildly floral but it's not a strong, irritating floral - quite fresh and clean smelling. My hair is smoother and softer. Love it. Good everyday shampoo that won't dry your hair. However, I've used better shampoos (Kerastase) so it's not exactly the best but certainly not bad.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

3.0

8 years ago

I'm half asian, and have thick wavy hair. I was excited to find this at a local japanese grocery and dolled out the cash (it was $20 a bottle) with optimism given what I've heard this does to asian hair. I find this okay. My hair is naturally given to shine, its frizz that I need to worry about. I do like my hair using this, but I can't say that its a lot better than some other drugstore shampoos that I've used. I'm not crazy about the fragrance. I wish it smelled prettier (if that makes sense!). I wouldn't rule out buying this again, but probably just as another impulse buy. :)

About reviewer (232 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

I'll admit I bought this because it's by Shiseido. I have the damage care (white) shampoo, and the normal (red) hair mask. The damage care shampoo leaves my hair quite fluffy and light, which I like. But I do feel that my scalp gets oily faster at the end of the day. No flaking or dandruff from this though. The damage care isn't so strong that my hair feels super sleek and coated. But it's overall a good shampoo, and the price for something made-by-shiseido is of course a winner. The white damage care conditioner, however, couldn't live up to the likes of L'Oreal's damage care and strengthening line. The red hair mask is much richer, but even for daily use is not super rich or heavy.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0
from

8 years ago

At first i was expecting something positive from this shampoo and conditioner range but it failed me because my scalp was getting oily very fast throughout the day and my hair was so lifeless..furthermore i had serious hair drop ever since using this shampoo..guess it was kinda heavy for a climate weather users..not going repurchase any more.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

8 years ago

This is a great product for those with dry hair. It has the signature tsubaki scent and does not strip hair. The only thing I don't like is that I think it is a little too moisturizing for a shampoo, as my scalp gets oily a little faster than when I use a regular drugstore shampoo. It comes in a handy pump dispenser if you buy the bigger bottle and if you run out you can buy a refill bag instead of another bottle :) Though it does make my hair a little oily I would still repurchase just because Tsubaki products are really really great.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

This is great shampoo! I saw it in my local Marukai and thought sure, why not? Shiseido skin products are wonderful, and it's fairly inexpensive! The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the smell. It. Is. Lovely. Light and floral/fruity, but not aggressive like say, Herbal Essences. It's the perfect consistency-creamy, but not thick, and it suds up well and rinses clean. The Tsubaki conditioner that goes with it is wonderful as well. Nice and creamy, delicious smell, and leaves my hair silky and soft. I just run the conditioner through the bottom two thirds of my hair, never letting it touch my scalp, since I tend to be oily there. With other shampoos, this can get somewhat drying, but the Tsubaki shampoo has the perfect balance-moisturizing without being heavy. Probably one of the best shampoos I've ever tried!

About reviewer (142 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral