3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Okay so I am a faithful pantene user, but I decided to go ahead and spoil myself with a more expensive shampoo. Well just so you know I am filipino/chinese/white mixed and have very coarse straight thick hair, and usually pantene is the only thing that works in my hair but this product was amazing. I like pantene old formula better but they dont make it anymore so I think I am staying with this now. Its alot more expensive but it made my hair so soft and shiny and it felt clean and healthy. It smells wornderful. Literally like a flower. I love the pump too. I think the shampoo is amazing and the conditioner is nothing too special but the shampoo alone made my hair silkier right after I rinsed it out. Just for a bit more info! I think the price was very reasonable. everyone is saying they are buying it online for like $40+ and I only paid $31.54 for the large shampoo and conditioner with the treatment.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I love the smell of it. I feel that cleanses my hair and it leaves my hair really soft. Its the best shampoo i have tried so far. I still have a frizz problem but i guess i will have it with any shampoo i use. Overall its a good product.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

HairBlack

10 years ago

I found out about this product through a Japanese magazine article in which a famous Japanese idol used it. My interest was piqued but once I started hunting around for it I realised just how expensive it would be attaining it in New Zealand (NZ$35). The smell is amazing, I really enjoy washing my hair with this shampoo and I have noticed that over time my hair has progressively become softer and less frizzy! I have dyed blonde hair which is naturally curly/wavy so it tends to be more on the coarse and frizzy side. It's no miracle product but it makes for a nice shampoo. My only qualm with it is how expensive it is for an above average product.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

10 years ago

My review is for the white Damage Care Shampoo. I´ve been using it for a while now and I just love love LOVE the smell of it. It leaves my hair soft and silky and it´s very easy to comb afterwards. However, this seems to have a very gentle formula, as I have an oily scalp, I need to wash my hair every 2nd day when using Tsubaki (with other Shampoos, it´s 2-3 days) but I don´t mind washing my hair more often, as this didn´t leave my hair dehydrated or brittle. Far from it: it left my hair shiny, soft and yummy odourous =)

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

When I lived in Japan for half a year, I used this shampoo and conditioner combo. I LOVED the smell and the silkiness of my hair! The only thing was that I had to wash my hair both morning and night, as it gets oily as I sleep but also got oily (and smelled like pollution as much of my day was spent outdoors for my 2 hour commute on foot) by the end of the day. Washing twice a day didn't seem to damage it at all, though, but I had it trimmed regularly.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0
from

10 years ago

i bought tsubaki in white packaging,its lil bit expensive just for shampoo. i more prefer shiseido aqua air, its more cheaper than tsubaki, also works better than tsubaki. and i found that tsubaki made my hair so easily fall down. never buy again..

About reviewer (35 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

My mom bought this for me as she is a Shiseido nut. I love the smell of this shampoo and the effect is has on my hair. It rids my hair of oil and makes it smooth, not frizzy. I'll be sure to update later on about Tsubaki.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

10 years ago

I love the smell and the effect this shampoo has on my hair. I recently stopped using Bumble and Bumble volumizing shampoo and conditioner because I felt like it was making my hair too dry. Switching to Shiseido Tsubaki was a great alternative because now my hair is soft, shiny, and smells great. I love how it comes in a bottle with a pump that is refillable. The price isn't that bad compared with the Bumble and Bumble and the Redken products I used to use. Definitely a good buy, especially for Asian hair.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

HairBlack

1.0

10 years ago

I have been on a Shampoo hunt recently trying to find one that isn't as expensive as Kerastase and that basically cleans my hair well, doesn't strip color, adds a tiny bit of moisture and balance for my frizz, has somewhat healthy ingredients, and lathers decently. I relaly thought this was the answer considering sooo many people love it and the whole rave about it having that natural flower oil. I alos thought you got quite a great amount of product and loved the sleek pump packaging plus the lovely floral smell. Let's just say when I used it I no longer remembered any good points. To begin with I don't have super thick shiny beautiful asian strands (I wish), but more medium thickness naturally wavy somewhat frizzy hair. Seriously after I lathered with this (felt great at that point) and then washed out even soaking wet under water my hair automatically felt soooo strawlike, tangled, dry, and stripped. I though maybe this would get better after a good conditioner but no even after my hair was dry just felt so stripped and even more frizzier than before. Plus I can't return this bottle as I got it from a Shiseido store in China Town w/ no returns ofcourse so definitely not fun. I am lost as to why it worked so badily as I was hoping this would be it for me with the great natural oils, however with how it felt I don't feel like there was natural anything in here, and to think I was worried this might leave my hair greasy or weighed down lol. The way my hair felt I'm surprised this shampoo isn't pure Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Rubbing Alcohol, no joke. Glad I tried it but major fail!

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

So I love my work office because everybody shares the latest and greatest of all beauty products. Just recently, I turned my assistant manager/manager onto Aveda's clove conditioner for its properties of prolonging hair color and darkening brunettes without damaging. They loved it! <br> So when my manager offered me two big sample bottles of this shampoo/conditioner that she raves about making her hair soft, I was inclined to try it out. I didn't know what to expect, as nowadays I nearly always read a review about a product first (if not here, then on viewpoints, totalbeauty, buzzillion etc). <br> Firstly, this product is better than most all drugstore brands (Aussie and Garnier being excluded from that list) as I expected it would since it's manufactured from Shiseido. My hair didn't feel too dry. <br> It smelt divine, and that is perhaps the single strongest thing it has going for it. <br> Price-wise it's alright. <br> The true test was what my hair would look like on the following day. Long story short, the next morning my fly-aways were back and my hair didn't have nearly as much shine and body as when I used my normal hair products (The Healing Seed Shampoo/Conditioner, Redken All Soft, Kerastese, Nexxus, Aussie, It's a ten, Biolage conditioner). <br> So would I buy this? No. But if you're used to drugstore brands, this is a big step up.<br><br> However, volume (hair that doesn't fall flat) and control (no fly-aways) are the two biggest aspects to me. Moisture (usually weighing hair down but essential for damaged hair) and smoothness (being able to brush through without tangles) come secondary as I take very good care of my hair in the first place, so I need not products to rescue it, but enhance it.

About reviewer (232 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral