3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. The smell is great, and your hair feels so clean afterwards.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I fell in love with this shampoo mainly because I have very dry scalp and this somehow cleared it. I had a feeling it was just really dry and this smells absolutely amazing! It’s very difficult to find in my opinion. I know you can order it from amazon but it takes weeks to arrive and it just doesn’t seem practical honestly. I get mine from a local grocery store with a beauty booth inside, so if you can find it I highly recommend you try it especially if your hair is brittle and has a lot of damage. This has left my hair silky smooth and does not damage it at all. My hair is in the best condition it has ever been. My only complaint is I wish the bottle was bigger it is so worth it! I will say it does not work immediately and you do need to follow up with the conditioner from the same brand or else you don’t see desired results in my opinion. But it took me buying a second bottle to actually feel the difference. It’s not magic but if your patient you will get what you want.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I purchased while on holidays in Japan. Both my DH and I liked this shampoo and the matching conditioner. It does suit his hair more than mine - his is more normal whereas mine is colored (blonde balayage) and can be dry as a result. It's incredibly economical, we paid around AUD$8 for the set which contained a 500ml pump bottle of each. It lasted around 4 months for the two of us and I've actually hunted down some more from an Asian beauty store in China Town because DH enjoys it so much. It cleans our thick hair easily and doesn't dry it out even though it does have sulfates. I like a bit more hydration than this so I've switched to the Shea Moisture line. It has a nice floral fragrance that tends to linger in the hair and the bottles are really well designed - while quite bulky for travel, the pump top can be screwed down to seal and allow for easy transportation. A really nice shampoo and conditioner option especially for the price - best for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily fine to thick hair types - not so good for really dry or really oily hair.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

3 years ago

This is an affordable staple my family uses alternating with other brands and it's volume purple 'sis' from the same range

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

5 years ago

This shampoo has a nice smell even after washing off, not overpowering either. it is easy to lather too. However, it leaves residues sometimes. Hence, this is just an average shampoo to me. Some people may or may not like it. Quite acceptable though, since it is a drugstore shampoo.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Fine

EyesOther

5 years ago

I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner from a Japanese grocery store in NYC. I love the smell of this product, however it has a tendency to create build-up on my scalp. By contrast, Tsubaki seems to work very well for my mother's hair, giving her dyed short hair great volume and texture. If the Shiseido Tsubaki did not work for you, but you still like the smell, I would recommend trying Redflo, a milder Korean version of this shampoo.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I've been using Tsubaki Shining for a long time now. I saw it at H-Mart and decided to try it and it makes me hair so soft and shiny! My hair is pretty healthy already but Tsubaki makes it 10x shinier and smoother, not to mention it smells really good. I use both the shampoo and conditioner. However, when I use just shampoo, it does make my hair seem a little greasy and like I haven't washed it, so you should always follow-up with the conditioner. It's probably the camellia oil in it, as I've had experience with regular camellia oil. I accidentally put too much in and my hair looked absolutely oily all night, and the slight greasiness of my hair that one time I used just the Tsubaki shampoo was reminiscent of when I used too much camellia oil. But I love this brand, I've recommended it to many other people and they love it too! The only thing is, where I get this shampoo/conditioner it is expensive, about $20 per bottle (the pump), while the re-fill is about $5-7 cheaper, but I say it's worth it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

Just a simple shampoo with adorable smell. I have frizzy slightly curly hair and this shampoo makes my hair getting more frizzy and oily. This shampoo is quite costly in my country but it does not work well with my hair, absolutely won't repurchase.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I love this stuff!! I picked up the shampoo, conditioner and treatment cream during my stay in Japan. This product is sooooo frickin cheap in japan. I found it in a local drugstore for about $3-$4. I love the shiny red packaging. Formula is creamy and lathers well. I don't use too much of the shampoo because I find that it can be drying if I use too much product. Shampoo has a nice, light, floral scent to it. Definitely would stock up more on my next trip :) Edit (7/10/14): I can only use this shampoo when I want to deep clean my hair. I realized that this was making my scalp super dry and it made my scalp flake like crazy!!!!

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

I could love this shampoo, but I can't... I have dry thick hair and after two uses the shampoo and conditioner made my hair really shiny and soft! HOWEVER- with two uses my scalp was very irritated and had some little mosquito like bumps! :/ also, my scalp was slightly pink from irritation. The fragrance is very strong like perfume/flowers-in the past Victoria secret hair products with tons of perfumes have irritated my scalp-so I suspect it was the fragrance in the Tsubaki shinning products that gave me irritation. Also, because its very heavy in oils my hair was OILY by the next morning... and because of my dry scalp and thick hair it lasts clean up to three sometimes four days. I have hair ends that are really dry so I would hate to throw this away-I think I'll finish the bottle only my dry dry ends and wont repurchase. :/

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age30-35