Zia Sea Tonic Rosewater & Aloe Toner

No Image

3.7

Aqua (Water), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Extract, Panthenol (Vit B5), Phospholipids, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Leaf/Nut/Stem Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol *Certified Organic

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Good basic toner with a soft rose scent. I'm not happy with the spray feature because it tends to spray too much of a mist that goes everywhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great toner for sensitive skin, like me. Some other reviews mentioned stinging, but I did not experience that at all. Not even close! I love the spray bottle too.

on 2/10/2009 10:51:00 AM

I have very sensitive, dry skin. But my face has been better lately so I decided to branch out of my routine and buy this toner because I ran out of my Elizabeth Grady lavender toner. I figured that since it was alcohol free it would not harm my skin but this RUINED my skin. I applied it ONCE and it stung when it went on but the next morning my face was literally peeling off of me. Now it is dry, chapped and peeling and it's all because of this stupid toner! I will NEVER buy these products again, they ruined me! I'm going back to my Elizabeth Grady toner, despite it's 24$ price tag.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I decided I needed a toner in my skin care regime about a month ago after struggling with variations on the - cleanse, treat, moisturize - routine. I decided on Zia because it was available at the store and contains natural ingredients, no alcohol or parabens. It was only one added step, but, boy, did it make a difference. The look and texture of my skin have dramatically improved since I started using this product. It smells great, feels great, and comes in a spray bottle, which I love - it makes application so quick and easy. I didn't have any trouble with irritation and it makes taking off dirt and oil a breeze.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This toner made my dry sensitive skin sting a little when first applied, but there was no extra dryness or itchiness after that initial application. I like this toner because it is actually a toner- not an astringent. It refreshes and prepares my skin for my moisturizer. The smell is pleasant, like rose water and pepper.

I actually would not buy this product again unless it was on sale, the price for me was a bit much for a toner.

on 4/20/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This spray toner caused my dry and sensitive skin to burn for a minute or so, and then I had mild itching for a few hours. Fortunately, I bought the small refillable 1.6 ounce size.

on 3/11/2008 10:01:00 PM

I love this toner, it's natural, smells nice and makes my skin feel soft and prepped for moisturizer. Will buy again and again!

So far I feel this spray bottle is so great. It feels really nice and my boyfriend loves the scent. I can't help but think that all these ingredients would be great for my skin. I can already tell a difference in the way my skin feels.

on 5/25/2007 3:06:00 PM

I was stupid and used Philosophy skincare for far too long. (Over a year). While I didn't see any good results from philosophy's overmarketed products, I did see congested, oily, abused skin. I decided to forgo the chemicals and unnatural ingredients in mainstream brands. I wanted to try Dr. Hauschka's regime - and the idea that we don't need moisturizer at night. But I didn't feel like spending $75 on the rhythmic conditioner - and choose Zia's Sea Tonic Rosewater & Aloe Toner based on its rosewater and vitamin content. I have used this in conjunction to the Fresh Cleansing Gel for the past two weeks and it's marvelous. My skin is like new again. No more Philosophy products - or chemical ingredients in my skincare. This took the place of moisturizer at night - and my skin can breathe and feels and looks wonderful. All within 2 weeks. Prior to using the Fresh Cleansing Gel and this toner, my skin felt sooo dry right after washing with Philosophy, that I needed to apply moisturizer (Philosophy) immediately or my face would peel. Funny how I don't need moisturizer at all now. It's a wonder what changes can occur when we just eliminate the chemicals. Makes me wonder what I was thinking to use that stuff to begin with. But at least I learned.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This toner is heaven sent!!!!! I have oily skin so for me, I have a hard time finding toners that aren't overly harsh(like most toners designed for oily skin are...)but this one has saved my skin! I use this after my cleanser and my face is just radiant!!!
*** I notice that some of these (low-rated) reviews are from 4-5 years ago, and since then perhaps they changed their formulation??? I notice that the most recent reviews are five stars.