SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the worse skin breakout in my life after using this product. I have some friends who use this product and have an amazing skin as the result. Their skin is glowing. I buy thus product wishing the same resut. But turns out this product is a nightmare to me. Perhaps this product is just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This essence works better as I get older. I think it's one of those products you need to experiment with over time.

I was 18 when I tried this for the first time and while it did brighten my skin, it made it really dry too.

I gave it another shot when I turned 21. As expected, it made my skin glow, smooth and cleared a lot of acne scars. But it gave me a few random whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. I lasted a bottle.

I'm now 24 with hyperthyroid, hypo occasionally. Because of my hormones my face gets pale and dull easily. I'm allergic to makeup and even sunscreen. I recently switched my moisturiser from Clinique to Kiehl's. My skin is still supple but I look very sickly most of the time.

So 2 weeks ago I decided to give this essence a third try. I've been using it as a mask every night (applied on cotton pads- forehead, cheeks, chin, neck, décolletage). It's expensive but my boyfriend's returning in a month and I'm desperate.

For face: my face has been dewy since. Lightened scars, lighter dark circles and wrinkles, cleared up blemishes on jaw lines. I'm on my period and have less breakouts than the norm.

For body (décolletage mainly): I suffered from severe body acne for many years which weirdly recovered last year when I developed thyroid. I noticed earlier today the scars on my left shoulder and breasts have lightened. Reduced the occasional whiteheads I get.

It's expensive but it works fast if you're looking for a quick fix. I'm halfway through this bottle; I doubt I'm buying another one immediately. One bottle a month is insane.

It certainly causes whiteheads still but not as much as before. Now that I know how it reacts on me, I'm gonna let my skin rest for a bit and will give it another go when I'm ready.

on 3/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
Its one of those products that is just hard to explain. I don't know why it works, but it just does. My skin feels baby-soft, light and fresh all the time. I wouldn't go without it because I feel without it, my skin can't "breathe". (I went a week without it because I forgot to bring it on my trip)". It refines my pores, and makes my skin more tolerant to what I will be applying on top. The consistency is just like water but feels a million times better. It doesn't make me break out either.

CONs:
The packaging is pretty bad. The bottle is very heavy, especially if you're like me and move around a lot and have so many other products to carry, it adds up. Also, I don't like the way it pours, I always find it slips through the cracks in between my fingers and for the amount you pay, every drop lost feels like 5 bucks gone! SKII, please put it in a spray/spritz bottle!!!! The smell is another thing. I don't mind the smell of it at first, but once it hits your skin, its a whole different smell!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well so far so good, I cannot believe the amount of dirt has been removed with both the clear lotion and treatment. I'll update soon. (Combo skin - Oily t zone & Dry Cheeks)

Update: No way will I purchase this ever again. Within two days later i broke out and my skin started to get red. Will be discontinuing this product.

on 6/19/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought it when I was preparing my wed, 1st time I used it my skin felt smooth n supple, but after few days my face brokeout, I almost never have pimples (only in my period), but pimples started to came out, I kept using it just too see if the pimples disappeared, but unfortunately it didn't. too bad I really wish it will work for my skin, but it wasn't. .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have only been using this for two weeks. I got my first bottle with the Christmas Pitera Starter set - it came with the 75ml of facial treatment essence which costs $99 on its own here in Australia, as well as a 30ml bottle of clear treatment lotion and a facial treatment mask (worth $28). Overall, excellent deal! I do feel that my skin is less oily now. I do my make up at 7 or 8am in the morning, and usually around 2pm in the afternoon I would redo it in the bathroom. Recently, however, I have noticed that I don't touch up as often because I don't feel the need to. My skin seems a lot less oily now. Also, my skin was having a bad break out before (not so much break out, but it was just misbehaving with a lot of little white plugs that I could not help but squeeze out, which left a lot of redness and scarring) and it has cleared up quite a bit. There are still scars and little scabs, but they're diminishing fairly quickly, if only I would stop picking on them! I do feel that even though I still have scarring and stuff, my skin DOES look better even without make up. Once my scars fade, I might look into not wearing make up, or just going with a light dusting of powder. I bought a second bottle at David Jones just yesterday because they still have their Christmas Pitera bottle of 215ml (that was selling for $225) on clearance for $200! With it, the sales assistant also gifted me a travel set that included a 30ml facial treatment essence, 30ml clear lotion, 20g gentle facial cleanser, 30ml stempower cream and another face mask. I kind of wish I didn't buy the first bottle now because the second time I got a much better deal!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

"The fool and his money soon parted"

Ok, I have to keep that phrase in mind everytime I start wanting to purchase this product because honestly it's amazing. I bought the insanely overpriced tiny sample off amazon... it looks like water, and I wasn't sure how to apply it-- I applied it straight w/my hands because using it as a toner w/a cotton ball would have been a total waste of $$.

It makes my skin look RADIANT. There's just something about the way my skin looks after using this essence.. glowy and just great. My skin feels softer after using it and somehow hydrated even tho the texture is just like water with a little something added to it, like glycerin or w/e.

But the price of a full sized bottle is totally unjustifiable to my budget. Literally washing your money down the drain... Someday when I'm rich I'll buy bottles and bottles of SK II but for now the price just ruins the product. It's just not worth it for something so temporary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This thing is one of my holy grail items ! It's pricey but so worth it! I had problems with my pores skin discoloration and bumps on my face and ever since I used this they all are slowly going away! My face feels so smooth and I use the skii treatment essence lotion which helped my pores a lot and I don't get any breakouts after using them ! I will gladly repurchase these even though it's pricey until I find a better alternative

on 4/20/2013 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Initially I was quite skeptical as everytime I switched to a different brand my skin will react. However, this FTE doesn't create havoc to my skin. Bought it when I am pregnant because my skin becomes heavily pigmented. After application, skin immediately becomes supple and smooth. After two weeks, not only does my pigmentation disappear but my skin becomes less oily and I noticed a reduction of my blackheads. Been using it for 2 months now and my skin is starting to glow and is really well-moisturised. Get the small bottle first to try it out as different skin reacts differently. Am now a heavily pregnant lady with wonderful skin unlike my other pregnant friends. Thanks FTE.

on 10/15/2012 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

very expensive, very promising advertisement, very tempted to try, and i made a purchase on the mini product which cost me 20sgd
and didnt work. either my skin is at maximum condition or it just doesnt work.
and cause breakout on my forehead (small bumps) - which means allergy?
will pass it to my mum