SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.4

on 7/17/2018 11:09:00 PM

I bought the SK-II essence from Sephora in April and I've been using it almost everyday after I wash my face. I haven't seen any difference in my skin at all. It's just like rubbing water on my face. It didn't do anything. I paid $100 for a set containing a 2.5 oz essence, a mask, and a 1 ounce facial clear lotion. I haven't used the mask yet but the essence is way too expensive when it didn't deliver. I prefer the May Coop Raw Sauce. I'm so sad Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but I found that worked much better and it's $35.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

on 11/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've been using this for about 4 1/2 months, I did buy it because Cate Blanchett promotes the line regularly and her skin is perfection. I apply it after cleansing and toning and wait about 5-10 min for it to absorb before moving on to actives, serums and moisturizers. I use my hands and press it into my face and neck, the scent is light but not good, luckily it fades quickly. I find that my skin looks much more even when I use this, redness is reduced by a lot it almost makes me look too monotone to be honest lol, like stark white. It does seem to work a tad better with the SKII clarifying lotion used right before but I have stopped using both due to cost. Would probably repurchase if I can't find a suitable dupe. Unfortunately I find this far too expensive to fully commit to buying again but I would if the price was lower. It's currently $125CAD for 75ml.

I did not have good luck with this product. I am just shy of 40 and have a full face regimen that was working for me but I wanted to add this product to get that Kate glow. This made me break out. I started getting clogged pores in places I never do like my outer cheeks and forehead as well as in my usual spots. It's strange that it did this since it basically water but it was the only new item in my routine. If did actually give me a glow but the breakouts made it not worth it, which is why I gave it 3 stars because I do believe for some people this would work. I can't bring myself to push through the breakouts because my skin was pretty smooth and blemish free before trying this so I don't believe it was "purging."

on 11/22/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the kind of product that drives Paula Begoun, over at Beautypedia, nuts. "No substantiated research!" that pitera, the active ingredient, is of any particular benefit to your skin, she cries. And she hates the price. And although she doesn't mention it, she rarely has anything nice to say about bottles that admit light.

But here's the thing...while the experts at Beautypedia give SK-ll's Facial Treatment Essence two stars, the site's user community gives it four and a half. So I tried it, because frankly I get bored with my skin care products sometimes and I've been hearing about this stuff for years, and opinions of the people who use a product make me curious.

On Sephora's website you can buy a single-use Facial Treatment Mask. The mask really is good, and not very, for a single use. I don't like how it's shaped, especially around the chin. But the thing that's really interesting and useful about the mask is that before you put it on, you can squeeze a terrific amount of the Essence itself into the packet and save it for later. I rolled the packet up tight and used a barrette to clip it shut.

By dipping my (freshly washed!) fingertip into the remaining liquid and dabbing it onto my face (soaking a cotton pad would be crazy overkill) I was able to get about two weeks' use out of the Essence I had left. That's enough time for a very good trial run of a product, and since the mask cost $17, it's also a cheap trial for an expensive product.

And in my opinion Paula is wrong about this one. There are a lot of benefits to reading Beautypedia. I've learned a lot about the chemistry of cosmetic products, and information like what percentage of various ingredients a product needs to be effective, and how things need to be packaged so that they won't deteriorate before you can use them. But every once in a while I think that chemistry isn't the whole story. Just because the research isn't there yet doesn't mean a product doesn't work. Make sure, by all means, that what you're about to spread on your skin isn't going to be harmful, but when there's a wildcard ingredient like pitera, you need to try it for yourself to see if it works for you.

If I didn't respect the views of actual users, I wouldn't bother to write or read reviews here on MakeupAlley. So here is my rubber-meets-the-road view of SK-ll's Facial Treatment Essence: it's worth trying. My skin likes it, and has rewarded me for using it by becoming more even-toned, which is one of the things I want my skin to be and an issue I have consistently. I think my skin looks brighter.

Your millage my vary, of course. But try the trick with the face mask if you're really curious and don't otherwise want to spend the money.

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face. I've been religiously splashing it on after every time I wash my face for the last 5 months, and it's made no difference in any skin quality whatsoever. I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't destructive, didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything good either. What a ripoff.

I use Retin-A about once a week and SkinActives Antioxidant Serum; I'm not sure if those two are so effective that nothing else can really make a dent, but nonetheless, I would not recommend buying this to anyone.

Amazing product! I put off purchasing this for a long time because of the price. But it's worth every penny. Don't use a cotton pad to apply just use your hands. In two weeks my acne scarring has started to fade and my skin is glowing!

on 12/21/2014 6:48:00 AM

This essence works for me, and the results are enhanced when I use it with the Facial Treatment Repair C serum. I pat it with my hands onto my face, just a small amount, and I do try and take a break from it for a short while, so I use it every two days. My concern is that my skin will become sensitized to it if I use it too often. I`ve only noticed the unpleasant odor some people here mentioned after 2 months into my first bottle. Probably it reacts to something in the air once it`s been opened a few times and it gets that nasty saliva smell. Yes, it was nasty enough to make me throw away the rest of the bottle. Still, I`m on my third bottle now and I love the results.

on 5/1/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is priced like liquid gold. I heard that Missha's Time Revolution is a comp to this pricey product at an affordable pricepoint. That being said, this stuff is worth its weight in gold. I have aging skin that I'm trying to keep as youthful as possible. A difficult task considering the sun is the enemy of healthy skin and I live in sunny Hawaii. I know, poor me, boo hoo! but seriously my ancestors came from a snowy climate and I do not tan, I burn, no matter how much sunscreen I slather on. And we all know the ravages of the sun: wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc... I suffer from all of this and I am sadly only in my mid-thirties. The SK-II treatment essence is the only OTC product that I have used that had any visible effect. It reduced my pores, made my skin more even toned, and felt nice while doing it. Makes me feel like bathing in sake every night, but that would cost a fortune! So I'll stick to the SK-II.

Like many others I was drawn by advertising and the beautiful skin of Cate Blanchett. For me, alas it was not to be!

I purchased a sample size, I didn't waste money on a full size. I was hoping for a HG for my roseaca, but to no avail. I stuck it in the cupboard, and underwent laser treatment for roseaca, so tried this agin following, but was unimpressed.

Some people have mentioned the smell, I didn't find it offensive.

If it works for you, great! But I suppose it's 'horses for courses'.