Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Palladio's Oil Absorbing Rice Powder is definitely above-average; it's a lot better than some other powders in regards to absorbing oil on my face. What has me disliking it is that like a lot of cosmetic lines, it's not dark/black skin friendly. There are three shades: Natural, Translucent, & Warm Beige. I got it in Translucent because "translucent" is typically perfect for any & all skin tones. Can I tell you this powder is white on me! I don't like & don't use the puff enclosed; I use a separate kabuki brush. The darkest shade is Warm Beige, but I think even that would still be too light on me.

I use Rice Powder both alone & to set makeup, although for obviously reasons, I prefer to wear it on top of a foundation. The powder itself is excellentit controls shine & mattifies my complexion well. To those of you who care, the scent is barely-there; it's very light, if you can even notice it. While I can appreciate that this powder isn't tested on animals & is non-comedogenic, it would be a lot better if I could comfortably wear it alone & not just to set makeup. Even when I use it to set makeup, I have to be careful & use an extremely light hand. Anyhow, it can be bought for $5 at Sally Beauty Supply.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Palladio Translucent Rice Powder Review I am in love...I have combination skin that's more on the oily side, I have a fair African American complexion (like Kerry Washington), and I also have enlarged pores on my nose. After applying it my skin texture looked smooth especially on my nose and I did not ashy! After a couple hours I'm still oil free. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This powder keeps my combination skin completely matte for a full work day. It doesn't irritate my skin, and is so affordable! I've used the same box of powder daily for over a year (with some spills), and I have over half left. only wish that the container sealed more tightly or that it came in a pressed powder compact.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For the price, this is one of the best loose powders that I have tried. My skin is oily, but it also has a tendency to feel dry and tight (during the winter months I'll even get patches of dry skin on my cheeks). This is one of the few powders that I've tried that controls th oilies, and does not accentuate dryness.

This powder offers a lovely, matte finish that does not look dull, dry or cakey in the least. I use 'Translucent', which is totally invisible when blended and does not cause an ashy, pallid or chalky cast on my light brown complexion. This powder does not cake up or feel heavy, even after a reapplication (which I usually don't need anyway since this product works so well to control shine all day long). I haven't tried any of th pigmented powders so I can't comment on coverage, but I imagine it'd be very light.

All that being said, I have heard that a lot of women with super oily skin found that this powder left something to be desired (SUGGESTION: Mattify! Cosmetics Ultra For Oily To Very Oily, Fyrinnae Oil Control or Jurlique Citrus Silk)...But for women with combo to mildly oily skin, this is a great option.

What I do hate about this product is the packaging. It's aesthetically pleasing (a cute little square box with a photo of a Geisha), but it's very impractical and messy (even for a loose powder). If you're not careful, the lid could come off while in your purse (it is not a screw on lid nor does it have a little latch). ALSO, the puff that they include with this product is pretty much useless (like most applicators included with makup I suppose). I use a regular large powder brush and lightly dust this product over my entire face. Sometimes I wear this alone, but other times I use it to set my makeup (which it does a great job of, really locks everything into place and looks/feels invisible). I also like to dust this powder over my lids before applying eye makeup to mop up the extra sweats and oils.

This product has a light baby powder scent, which for me isn't a problem, but for someone who's very sensitive, it might be (not that it smells "bad" by any means).

Anyhow, I would most definitly buy this product again (I plan on going to Sally's to purchase a pigmented one). It's a high quality product at a very low price. Though it's far from the best loose powder on the market, it's still good and it IS one of the best CHEAP loose powders for women who don't want to spend $40 on powder from MAC or MUFE....But like I said, skip this if you have a huge issue with oiliness or sweating. This powder is best suited to combo or mildly oily skin. Even I opt for other powders on hot days when I know I will be sweating a lot. But for everyday, this powder is a nice little addition to any makeup collection :)