Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sure this powder is cheap but it's not as finely-milled as I want my loose powders to be. Therefore, I think it's hard to shake out of the sifter and it ends up being very messy. It looks too thick and cakey on my face, and I don't think it does anything to prolong the wear of my makeup. In fact, I think my makeup looks pretty bad after I set it with this powder.

For anyone who is sensitive to smells, this does have a slight baby poweder-esque smell.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

I love that it's inexpensive. It covers my skin nicely, just enough coverage to minimize my acne scars. The downsides... the packaging is kind of messy, the lid does not stay on very well- you have to store it upright otherwise powder goes everywhere! Also, the powder usually comes off after 4-6 hours, however, this does not bother me because the positive is that this is one product that does not aggravate my sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this is amazing. Besides the fact that I have dropped this an spilled all over my black pants and carpet. A little goes a lonnnnggg way. Excellent for use with the Goss method

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Sadly the strong perfume in it broke me out. It did work well though otherwise.

on 9/9/2012 6:33:00 PM

Okay, no lies here. I bought the product for three reasons: 1) It was on sale, 2) the packaging was adorable, and 3) I like Asian things (packaging, methods, etc) and had heard several Asian bloggers and video reviewers mention rice powder.

I purchased the natural first. It turned out to be a touch too beige for me. Note that I really like my pale skin, so some people might enjoy the "warming" and slight tanning effect it had. Anybody who is not super pale, but not very tanned would probably be fine.

Anyway, then I bought the translucent (which is the one I have actually used mostly). And for a while it sat in my make-up kit. But then I decided to try using a natural butter sunscreen idea and that stuff left my face looking quite shiny and oily. So I patted/dabbed/pressed on the rice powder and voila! It took away the shine without making me look caked up. I prefer a more natural look so that is very important to me.

I have since then tried it over liquid foundation for photo shoots/self portraits. It looks quite lovely in the mirror and in good, constant lighting, matching my skin tone perfectly. But when I took photos of it with my phone camera and flash, I looked quite ghostly. I imagine the flash caught it differently and made it reflect more or something.

Aside from that it works well for my purposes and I think it works well with continuous lights or natural light.

It does not react well over dry skin patches however and seems to actually make them stand out more (over liquid foundation or applied over just moisturizer). So it makes a good setting powder or mattifier, but not good for coverage or anything like that.

This product is an excellent oil control powder. I use a loose powder brush and apply a bit to areas of my face that I know tend to be oily. I haven't used the enclosed puff. I'm a brush kind of girl.
A little bit of this product tends to go a long way.
I haven't tried applying it as a setting powder all over my face, so I can't comment on the efficacy of that application, but it goes on lightly enough that it shouldn't be a problem to use it as an all over setting powder. It might even work well on its own simply for oil control.
My only gripe is that I just hate the box. It's a pain to get the lid off, and when I do pop it off, powder usually goes flying everywhere. I have another loose powder that I'm close to finishing off, so I'm planning on transferring this powder into the other container! The lid just doesn't give enough room to swirl the brush around and tap off the excess.
In spite of that, I still think it's a really good product.

The packaging quality is terrible, but besides that, the price is good, last a long way and it`s really good absorbing oil excess. I have dry, sun sensitive skin so after my moisturizer I use sunscreen and my face looks really shiny, so I love to use this loose powder, works better than my regular pressed powder to control the shine. I will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product was ok. Once blended in, it sets makeup very nicely and is not as obvious as some (BE Mineral Veil). Oil control is decent. However, the packaging always caused me to spill it on my counter or my clothing, and after awhile, I noticed I avoided using it because I didn't want to bother. If you're looking for a cheap product to try, and loose powders don't bother you, definitely try it.

Edit: I don't like this product. Yes, it goes everywhere. Your hands, your countertops, your clothing... Second, it feels and looks more obvious and chalky than my new drugstore favorite, L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte

on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love! This powder is so soft and gentle, looks gorgeous on, and I feel like a 1920's starlet using it. The transluscent shade works wonderfully for porcelain skin.