CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

on 10/6/2010 1:28:00 PM

I bought the Travel Makeup Palette in ''Romantic Destination' in the duty-free shop abord an Air Canada flight between Sydney and Vancouver (apparently it's only available in duty-free shops).
It's a collection of very versatile, very pretty colors that I think would work well for most people (unfortunately, there are no names or even numbers to identify the colors, so I have no idea whether Chanel has put together shades from its existing collection or whether they were created especially for this palette.
There are four eyeshadows, all matte: a vanilla light beige, a soft taupe, a pale warm pink and a medium warm brown. They are not highly pigmented, but the staying power is excellent.
There is also a blush (a coral-brown, very flattering) and four lip colors: three creamy lipsticks, in pale pink, pale peach and soft fuchsia, and a shimmery sheer pale beige lip gloss.
The colors are perfect for an understated, polished, classic (and classy) look.
The palette comes in a velvet pouch with three applicators (for eyes, lips and cheeks) which are small and yet a bit bigger and easier to use than the small brushes which usually accompany pallettes.

on 10/18/2009 8:15:00 AM

I've been eyeing one of these Chanel palettes for a while, ever since Allure named it in it's best of beauty list last year. Mine is named 'Romantic Destination' and is supposed to be newly released item. However, after comparing with photos online, I think this palette is basically the same as the Naturelle palette which was released in 2007.

The palette has 4 eyeshadows, one blush and 4 lip colours. My favorites are the beige and light grey eyeshadow combi. The light pink eyeshadow is alright, but I find the brown shade a little muddy on my skin tone. The blush surprisingly looks really good on my skinstone. I thought it might be a little dark like a bronzer, but it's actually gives a lovely coral glow. The lip colours are on the sheer side, but overall I really love the palette and the shades are all very classic and subtle.

The brushes and case are really handy and everything is well made and of a nice quality, which is what you'd expect from Chanel.The palette is quite pricey but I think it's well worth the money if you're looking for something that gives a classic, pretty look.