Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation

Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation

3.6

Water\aqua\eau, mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minerale, butylene glycol, ethylhexyl stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, propylene glycol stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearic acid, panthenol, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, retinyl palmitate, magnesium aluminum silicate, kaolin, simethicone, xanthan gum, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, tea-isostearate, tea-stearate, cetyl alcohol, lanolin alcohol, polysorbate 20, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 4/29/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product, it's quite sheer to medium coverage, so it's great for everyday. It actually gives the skin a very illuminating look. You have to use it with a primer though otherwise it just falls off your face. A little goes a long way and the pump is very handy. Probably not worth the price, but would buy again!

on 2/10/2016 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this foundation. It gives you a really nice glow and doesn't feel like you have any foundation on your face. The colour is also perfect for my very fair skin (20 watts) and it has a slight pink undertone so reduces my redness, but not too much. It has a liquid texture and feels like water and when you put it on your skin you can feel it hydrating.

The coverage is minimal which I don't really mind, however, some days when my skin has bad blemishes, it doesn't cover them up which can make it feel like a waste of money (£25 to be exact). This product is good for my skin when it is dry (like in winter) but in summer it can become too shiny and make my face look greasy.

The packaging is lovely and I like the design of the bottle.

Overall, if you are looking for a product for combination/oily skin and good coverage, this product is probably not for you, for this reason I would not buy it again

To Read all 328 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is absolutely beautiful. My skin is combo oily and I was worried that it would be too shiny, but it actually dries down quite nicely and stays put all day. The coverage is minimal, but I don't mind that, as I find the illumination helps to bounce light away from any small imperfections.

The only thing I did not like about this foundation was that it seemed to highlight texture and fine lines around my mouth towards the end of the day. It was quite minimal, but noticeable to me as I have never had a foundation do that before, and I am 29 so I don't have a lot of lines.

I will not repurchase, but it really is a beautiful foundation, just not for me.

on 4/3/2015 9:42:00 AM

Ok, so you probably notice, I have a lot of foundations that I like....yes.....different foundations for different times of the year, and this one I use all year around personally....when do I use it? When I feel like I am looking, flat, dry, dehydrated, or tired.....this makes my skin virtually glow, and not like a disco ball! Probably not good for oily skin, but for normal- dry, I love it....I set it with Josie Moran's Coconut hydration powder, and it will look great for hours. I see that now I am only able to get it at Ulta, and Stila online....haven't checked department stores....I wear the 50watts, but that is when I am using a slight color of self tanner. Give it a try if you think your skin is looking ashy or just plain "Blah"

on 1/1/2015 10:45:00 AM

This foundation is a perfect pair for anyone using Retin-A as that leaves your skin dry and flaky this is the only foundation that doesn't seem to exaggerate the flakiness. The coverage isn't full so concealor may still be needed but it made my skin look dewy when it otherwise wasn't:)

on 8/27/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

for a foundation with mineral oil as an ingredient id normally hate this but i cant help but keep a bottle in my stash. probably for nostalgic reasons but anywho, it is a beautiful foundation. it definitley illuminates and i find the packaging to be darling. i only where this on special occasions because i dont like illuminating makeup on my face in my normal makeup routine and.... it breaks me out in deep, cystic bumps.

on 5/2/2014 8:38:00 AM

Cannot believe I have not reviewed this yet. Okay, here goes. I have these in shade 40 watts, which is absolutely perfect. It has a truly neutral undertone – neither pink, peach nor yellow. Unfortunately the positives end there. First of all, this foundation is so sheer it does not cover anything at all! It should be called tinted moisturiser, not foundation. This is okay if your skin is nearly perfect for you only have some diffuse redness, but I have discolouration and acne scars that need more coverage. The second disadvantage is that the "illuminating" ingredient in this foundation is simply very fine glitter, which can be obvious in certain light. I have solved that by applying powder over the foundation, but forget about trying to build up the coverage - the more product, the more obvious the glitter becomes.

In summary, would I buy this again or not? Not as it is. I would however if they reformulated the product to add a tad more pigment. I have looked for a similar shade in other ranges and I have not found any that is so genuinely neutral – warm shades tend towards the peachy-orangey end of the spectrum whereas cool ones are too pink. In the end I have found a colour that suits me in NARS (sheer glow in Ceylan), but this is still possibly the best match ever.

on 3/16/2014 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love this foundation ! After trying many in the search of just the right foundation this is the one ..it is officially my holy grail of foundations.It has everything i am looking for it is light,sheer,illuminating yet has enough coverage and does not look heavey or cakey in the slightest.And wears well all day and does not settle in to the lines and i really love the selection of shades i chose 20watt and it matches perfectly..the only spot that it lost a point is the price which is on the high side but given that it does everything a foundation should do i can over look the price.

on 2/24/2014 3:47:00 PM

Not too sure what to make of this foundation. Tried it a couple of times and the first time the coverage looked slightly greasy by itself but Rimmel's trusty Stay Matte Powder gave it a nice finish. The second time I mixed it with my Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 and the coverage was gorgeous when set with my Rimmel powder once again. This had a very pretty natural finish.
Bought this product in 10watts, perfect for my fair skin. Doesn't stay on all day if being worn on its own. This product feels light on the skin as well :)
Would recommend this to a friend/family.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am surprised this didn't get higher marks! I love it and have waited a long time to buy it. I got color matched for it at Sephora Dallas Galleria. She said I was 40 Watts. Noooo. I tried the 30 Watts on it matched. I am conservative about sun so I don't need heavy coverage. I enjoy having a pump and a glass bottle. I think it looks nice too it's frosted glass with a black top.
We don't have Sephora unless I drive to JCP one it's 1 1/2 hour away so I am always thrilled when something as especially tricky as foundation works, since I do my Sephora shopping online.
I *was* surprised it had no SPF coverage. Most foundations today do. Using a primer with SPF takes care of that.
My mother swears by her Estee Lauder Double Wear and I've thought about going that direction but so far I think this is a good fit for me. Oh they also carry it at Ulta so you can try it on there.