Jane Iredale Active Light Under Eye Concealer

Jane Iredale Active Light Under Eye Concealer

3.3

Not tested on animals

My esthetician recently told me to try out Jane Iredale products because what I've been using contains talc (my foundation, my blush and my highlighter) and was causing breakouts so I bit the bullet and spent the money on some good products. I purchased two foundations, setting spray, blush, highlighter, lip balm and this concealer.

I don't feel like I need much coverage under my eyes but I am 32 now and felt I needed something for my occasional dark circles and puffiness from not sleeping and allergies. The sales associate was so helpful and nice and she chose number 4 for me, which sounded way too dark. But once she put it on the back of my hand, I noticed it was very pink/peach and not orange or dark.

I love this product so much and I honestly didn't think I would. I thought for sure I would need to return it because concealers always settle in my lines. But this is so light and soft.

I use my pressed foundation first, then I apply this concealer over it. I squirt a little tiny bit on the back of my hand and apply it with my ring finger by gently patting it on. Instantly I appear more awake, refreshed and I just glow. I love it!

I highly recommend using this product line as it's organic, doesn't contain gross fillers like talc that irritate the skin and clog pores. Yes the price is steep but I am willing to pay good money for good products that work. I think investing in your skin is important as we only get one go at it. Wear sunscreen everyday and stay hydrated!

For reference, I have combination skin, I am medium complexion with warm yellow undertones.

A great undereye concealer that imparts a healthy glow. Jane Iredale products are known for being natural and organic which is a wonderful thing, but the steep price tag is not going to work for me. I loved this product but will look for a dupe that I can afford to repurchase, because I love the effect that a luminous concealer has on the eye area.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/17/2013 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is HG for me. I have it in No. 4, which is a pinkish tone meant to disguise dark circles and brighten up the under-eye area. I would suggest this shade for EVERYONE. Just the tiniest bit really neutralizes that unwanted darkness under my eyes and makes me look radiant, healthy and awake the second I apply it. This isn't meant to be a full coverage undereye makeup and that's why I think so many reviewers are disappointed with this amazing product. Kind of like YSL's Touche Eclat, its meant to brighten and enhance the eye area, not provide full coverage alone. So I use this first, just a tiny bit to neutralize my dark circles and calm down puffiness, and then and add whatever undereye concealer that tickles my fancy! I actually really like it with Maybelline's 'Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser' because it has a really nice thin consistency that really pairs well with the Active Light and doesn't make a cakey looking mess under there bc I'm layering 2 products. I almost think of the AL as my undereye 'primer' that sets the canvas for my concealer! It sucks that so many women find fault with this product but I really think it comes down to improper usage.. I feel that this is a common issue with ALOT of Jane Iredale products. If you know how to use them properly, they all are wonderful products. Their website is fantastic and has tons of tutorial videos that show you how to properly use their products and tools and I would suggest going and checking then out before you just toss or return something, bc most likely you could be turning your back on something that could truly be a game-changer for your makeup routine. What I love even more about JI Active Light is that its filled with soo many beneficial and natural ingredients that actually improve the skin over time! That's my main reason for loving all of JI's products so much! Her makeup not only hides your imperfections, but it actually contains beneficial, all natural, non irritating ingredients that will not exacerbate any current issues with your skin. That's why is called the "skin CARE makeup"! And for me and my sensitive, easily irritated skin, that's definitely worth the money!

on 10/29/2013 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this concealer. I do not need a lot of coverage and was looking for something light under my eyes. The Active Light has a lot of great ingredients so I gave it a try. I use Amber in the liquid minerals for reference. I chose #3. The concealer ended up in every line I had under my eyes. I found lines I never knew I had. I put it on sparingly and blended it in very well and it still went in all my lines. I was hoping to disguise them not put spot lights on them. I ended up returning the concealer. I gave it two lippies for the great ingredients.

on 10/17/2013 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

not as good for dryer skin type. doesnt seem to cover anything. not brightening either. the circle delete is better for me as it covers much better and more moisturizing around dryer eye area. the application is quite convenient but you do still need to use a finger or a brush to blend in.

on 3/3/2013 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm on the fence about this 'clean' product. It looks ok in the morning. It highlights and hides darkness a little, but it looks ashy on me. Other downsides are the price as well as the staying power. It's $30 for a tiny pen. And it doesn't really last, so you would have to reapply and on dry skin it may not look as good.

Ingredients:
Isopropyl Jojobate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Beeswax, Hydrated Silica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Boron Nitride, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Bisabolol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 10/2/2012 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Although I loved the packaging quality of this product, it didn't do anything for me. I ran out of #5 TE and tried this. I was dissapointed as I love Jane Iredale pressed base. Reading the reviews on here, I realize it has to be layered with full coverage foundation. I found this concelear to be really lightly pigmented and flat looking to be honest. Will never stray from Touche Eclat again !

on 5/19/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

love this. I have medium(to light dep on time of year) shade skin and use #5 (2nd darkest shade of this) then lightly dust with my mineral powder to match the color to rest of face. this is amazing for dark circles. Really amazing. I could be on 3 hours of sleep and not look it, thanks to this. because of the lightness of shades, have to be careful applying or could end up looking racoon-y.
I've had no issues with the packaging, I like the little brush applicator - no fingers needed; it travels well - compact, no leaking.

on 8/15/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

In my endless search for a paraben free concealer, I am almost ready to give up. What can I say about this product?

Well, the color is fine, the consistency is OK (not Lancome but OK). The packaging is so cheap it broke after 2 months of use and now I can't get any product out. Considering I paid 34CAD+tax for it, I would expect much longer life shelf.

Poor packaging, way too expensive for the quality. Back to Lancome for me.

on 3/1/2011 7:16:00 AM

Hate this stuff. It's the first concealer I've ever bought and I got it cuz I work night shifts and my eyes get dark, so I thought this would help brighten up the eye area. Well, it is hydrating and it does brighten for a couple hours, but after that, it sinks into my "fine lines" that I didn't even know I had and I'm only 28! Has given me a major complex about it. I tried it for several weeks with different applications, but I will never buy again and it was a total waste of my money. And I'm usually not this negative about makeup that doesn't work for me...this just made me really mad...probably because it brought out my wrinkles, now I can't forget.