Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash

Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium chloride, laureth-2, panthenol, glycol distearate, parfum, saccharide isomerate, allantoin, niacinamide, piridoxine HCI, glycine, magnesium aspartate, alanine, lysine, leucine, biotin, glycerin, sodium lauroyl glutamate, sodium citrate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sorbitan laurate, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 47005, CI 42090.

Years ago I had this major breakout that forced me to consult a dermatologist. She recommended that I replace my cleanser with this. After a few months my face cleared up but I couldn't attribute it solely to this cleanser as I was taking meds (Doxycyline) and applying creams (Benzoyl peroxide, Adapalene etc) as prescribed to me. In fairness to the product I did notice that it was a lot milder than my previous cleansers plus it felt like my face is squeacky clean. I did experience a slight tightness on my skin after each use and the smell although not awful is a bit strong. It didn't actually stopped me from having breakouts since I experienced an occasional one or two zits. I finished up my whole bottle (the second to the largest ml size) and stopped using it since it was very costly (she definitely charged me a lot back then) and hard to find here in the Philippines. I used several cleansers after this however after a few years I had another major breakout and I decided to give this another try. Luckily I found it in a store here in the Philippines and the cost is much lesser. I have been using it again for 5 days now and so far the condition of my face is just all right (its not yet better but atleast its not getting worse). I returned to using it again since I have faith in dermatologist's recommendation (why would she recommend it in the first place if it won't make me better right) so I'm hoping this product would help me again. I'll definitely keep you posted guys!

on 7/31/2015 12:32:00 AM

OMG! I can't believe I had to wait this long to find a great product that works for my sensitive skin! I can't tell you how great it feels to be able to wash my face and not worry about having a reaction. It has a pleasant scent and green color. Now.... I want to try the body lotion...

To Read all 89 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/26/2015 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm acne prone, allergy prone and very oily.
A week of using this turned my skin into whitehead city with cracks of dryness here and there. It's the first time a cleanser dried up my skin. I'm still amazed.

on 12/3/2014 5:32:00 PM

Tried this product as a sample at a Costco and fell in love. I especially love it to take off my makeup. Keeps my skin smooth, and don't understand previous review about it burning my skin. It has a scent, but love the ph 5.5 formula. I am now loyal to sebamed for life, as it has truly changed my skin in a positive way.

on 12/2/2014 6:17:00 AM

I was recommended this by a pharmacy worker and I used it and it has made my skin feel like it is burning and very tight so I have just wasted my money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This worked really well for me for approximately 3 months. Then I started breaking out like crazy all along my jawline. I haven't had problems like this with acne for almost 10 years. It (stupidly) took me way to long to figure out that this was causing it. I'm back to Cetaphil and I'm never leaving again. Slowly and with a lot of toner (thank God for salicylic acid!) I'm getting back to normal.

It's too bad because I did enjoy the Sebamed when it was working for me. And I still love the lotion.

I used this pretty faithfully for a few weeks and not much else came in contact with my face. My skin clogged up gradually with this, I ran the ingredients through cosdna and aside from the main sulfate it seemed alright. I did find that it was gentle and I can use it on my body occasionally but same there, using this too much causes breakouts over time. Ymmv. I didn't mind the fragrance, but I would prefer it fragrance free.

on 8/31/2014 2:22:00 PM

Impulse purchase while back-to-school shopping at big box store. I like the clean but not parched feeling this leaves: however, I am afraid something in the formulation caused a breakout as I awoke with a new spot every morning I used it. Another big complaint is the fragrance. If this is intended for sensitive skin, why is fragrance 7th in the list of ingredients in a list if 25? There is more fragrance than allantoin, niacinamide, and glycerine? Sebamed should adjust the formula or the marketing!

on 6/30/2014 2:59:00 PM

I've been using this a my sole facial cleanser and body wash for the past 3 years. My husband even takes a bar version of it with him when he travels he likes it so much. It's BRILLIANT for oily, acne prone skin like mine and the pH balance is key. Although I prefer it to other pH balanced washes. I buy very high end skin products and have professional peels that cost a lot of a regular basis but I no longer buy facial cleanser because even the best and most expensive cleansers don't beat this for me as an acne treatment. On top of it I use Kiehl's 10.5 Vitamin C-based moisturisers and serums. On the body I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter or Kiehl's Creme de Corps afterwards.

on 6/30/2014 1:15:00 PM

Didn't make my cheeks burn, didn't try out my skin. I actually like the smell. It simply smells clean. It's a bit expensive at places like Rite-Aid and other stores, but you can find it cheaper at Wal-Mart (Shocker, I know). In general, I do feel this product is overpriced.

You get a lot in the bottle, though. For me, I do prefer Cetaphil, but I do alternate my face washes a lot. I use one for 2 days then another for 1 day, rinse repeat.

I like the health pH claim - but I use ACV as a toner every day for the same effect.
I'd probably buy this again, it isn't terrible.