4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I recently went back to using this as my daily conditioner after a decade long absence. Before I started coloring my dark brown hair about 6 years ago (it's about 40% white), my virgin hair was naturally dry, curly (3a), somewhat coarse, and very thick (big hair!) so it could handle a product like this every day. My hair looked great for years and hairstylists always told me that my hair was in great condition despite my natural texture and relocating to the arid SW with the hardest water in the world. Dry air + hard water = hair trouble for women like me, especially once you choose to start coloring it. So, why did I stop using this? I developed rosacea and avocado is a trigger food and in desperation I got rid of any beauty product with avocado, as well. Turns out this doesn't bother my rosacea a bit! However, a decade later my hair is a complete nightmare. As stated, I need to box dye it every 3 weeks and that never looks good--ever. The dye (supposedly my natural dark brown) makes my hair so dry, brassy gold, and frizzy when I never had frizz in this climate. On top of that, the hard water destroys color (hence all the brassy gold) and dries out my hair further. I wish I could take showers with distilled water or just live with the salt and pepper look! And, to add more icing to the cake, I've been on steroids for months and my hair has been breaking off everywhere as a result and I've never had breakage--like dozens and dozens of little hairs on my counter a day. The meds also make my hair just fall out of my head. Ugh! I have had to start a whole new hair care regime, or at least until I'm off the meds and have all new growth, and remembered this old Redken product. After 6 weeks or so of use my hair is still breaking, but it is easier to comb out with a wide-tooth comb while wet, feels like it has more slip in the shower, and is easier to get my fingers through when applying products (mind you, I am still on steroids). However, I got my layered bob cut again 4 weeks ago and it stopped breaking off for a few weeks until I colored it again so this gave me some hope that this conditioner is doing its thing as the breakage didn't stop with my previous haircut. I have faith that my old standby will help me out on this new hair journey and highly recommend it to anyone with more texture in their hair or major damage like I'm dealing with. If your hair is thick and porous, by all means use it daily! I'm experimenting with other products in this line so stay tuned...

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

a year ago

Love a first use! My hair was so dry and lifeless. This made my hair soft and moisturized without weighing it down. I was going to stop getting highlights but now I may give them another try because I think this product may help keep my hair healthy.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I've got waist length, thick, rebonded hair. Back then before I started rebonding, my hair was coarse, frizzy and unmanageable. Yes, the trend is relaxing and not rebonding, but relaxing doesn't tame my frizz at all. I've been repurchasing this for more than 15 years now. Absolute hair HG! I went through a phase where I'd want to try every other hair treatment, but I'd always come back to this. Leaves my hair manageable, soft, tangle free and I really really love the smell (though I had an ex who'd tell me my hair stinks everytime I used this). Now that I'm over the experimental hair treatment buying phase, I keep telling myself I can do without this, but at some point I'd feel like I need it anyway. Honestly, even if it does nothing for my hair, I'd still use it for the wonderful smell. I find that there's no difference in how soft my hair feels if I left it on for a longer period of time vs rinsing it right off after applying.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Coarse

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I really like this conditioner. I have used everything, including Olaplex. This really seems to have moisturized my dry hair better than any product I have used since the original Wella Kolesterol with a heat cap. I was reluctant to try it as I was irritated at Redken for discontinuing the Smooth Lock line. It is expensive, but worth it. I may get three used out of my tube which almost never happens as I have a big head and a lot of hair,lol! My hair is naturally gray and brown mix, heavily highlighted blonde, and I frequently (several times weekly) use heat styling, for the record.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I use this after the Redken Hair Cleansing Cream and Matrix Total Results Brass Off Blue-Violet shampoo (I always use one shampoo after the other) and it makes my naturally dark brunette hair that I have bleached every month super soft and silky. I never put this in my roots since my hair is short and it's a bit heavy for that but it's perfect for my ends.

About reviewer (424 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Hair background: Long (breast length), wavy, thick (not overly thick, each strand is thick, but amount is fairly normal), somewhat coarse in texture. Color treated (some balayage, and demi permanent- not super damaged chemically). My damage comes from lack of hair cuts and heat styling. (blow dry and flat iron regularly). I was my hair about 2-3x a week, so I'd say even heat styling isnt that bad. I had been having the driest hair for the past few months, and I tried everything albeit cutting it off. I tried joico, oribe, shea moisture, tigi deep conditioners... and although they were fine, nothing was truly moisturizing my hair! I used Moroccan oil (which is still use and love) but I was still not getting enough moisture. enter, REDKEN ALL SOFT HEAVY CREAM- hoy buckets yall, this stuff is so good. I used it as an everyday (every wash, by no means everyday) conditioner as well as a treatment ( i'll wash - usually with malibu undoo-goo since this is about 2x a month- then follow with this, comb through and leave on 20 minutes or so, then rinse) I finally have real hair again! My ends are not fried, my scalp doesnt look oily, its not weighed down, its just feels SOFT and MOISTURIZED. no more broom straw ends! If you need moisture, you need this!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

First off- I have super long, super thick, super dry, wavy hair. If I don't use good conditioner, it becomes one giant dreadlock. Not a good time. Buuuut, I found this magic in a tube, and I love it. It's a thick cream texture, that glides effortlessly through the beast. It detangles like a champ,really moisturizers,and makes my hair feel so heathy. I've noticed a huge difference, especially when I ran out and reverted to whatever was left in my shower. This also helps keep the mane detangled all day. I just wish it came in a bigger tube!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Love this stuff. Like seriously love it and have been using it for at least a few years as my regular conditioner. I have long hair that turns into a tangled mess the second my hair gets wet and this stuff is the only conditioner strong enough to actually put a little moisture in my hair and let me brush it after a wash. I try to keep it in as long as possible and have used it as a proper conditioning treatment with a shower cap on for at least an hour. My hair feels like silk afterwards. I will always have a tube of this in the house as long as Redken keeps it in their line.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

I used to bleach my hair platinum and it was so dull, frizzy and dry. It literally broke off in the shower until I used this. My hair is 1A or 2A /ii/f and was heavily bleached from box dyed black and I'd recommend this product anytime to anyone with bleached damaged hair. I'd also recommend to get a leave in conditioner and/or some oil for the hair.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

3.0

4 years ago

Not a bad product but for the price I think the packaging is too small. It smells GREAT. However I can't say I've noticed much softening. Maybe I'll give it another go with a repurchase. Probably not.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure