Kerastase Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated Reconstructor

Kerastase Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated Reconstructor
Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated ReconstructorCiment Thermique Heat-Activated ReconstructorKerastase Resistance - Ciment ThermiqueKerastase Resistance - Ciment Thermique

4.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-4, potato starch modified, hydroxylpropyl guar, methylparaben, limonene, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, methosulfate, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, geraniol, linalool, cetrimonium chloride, citral, parfum/fragrance

on 1/29/2017 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wonderful product- makes my hair soft and silky.
My hair is very fine, sparse and prone to oiliness. Mid length. Coloured with henna. Using Living Proof PHD shampoo & conditioner.
I got a full size bottle of this free with an order from an online beauty store which was pretty darn generous. Needless to say, I was rapt since I use a straightener on my hair every day so it could use some protection. So, have I noticed a difference in hair breakage etc after using this for the last 6 months of so? Not really- my hair is still full of split ends and those little white break point things near the ends (sorry, I don't know how to describe them!). But- my hair has grown! Not much (only an inch or so) but that's massive for me. I never thought my hair would get much beyond my shoulders and now it's almost halfway down by back! I think I can contribute that to using this.
The major, immediately apparent benefit of this stuff is how soft and silky it makes my hair. It actually makes it rather difficult to put my hair in victory rolls (which I do every day) since it's so silky!
The texture of this stuff is somewhat runny and pearlescent, with a sweet, fruity scent (I really dont care for the scent- mercifully it fades). I use a small dollop of this on wet hair, starting at the ends and rub it upwards to the rott before finally brushing it through. Distributes easily and evenly.
Does increase the oiliness of my hair- I do need to wash a day earlier when I use this.
Great product for creating silky, manageable tresses. And yeah, probably does help protect against heat styling.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this, but I'm really disappointed! I've used this three times now and every time (using prior to blow drying and curling) my hair has been very tangled and dry on the ends. Exactly where I concentrated the product. I always comb out sections of hair before curling, and every section my comb would get tangled at the ends and I'd have to work out the snarls. This has never happened with any other serum I've used. To make matters worse, my hair looked dry and frizzy all day.

My John Frieda serum is less than ten bucks, and makes my hair look smooth, shiny and healthy. And this stuff was nearly forty bucks! Not only does my hair not look any better, it actually looks worse. Totally not worth it.

on 12/29/2016 4:19:00 AM

I got this from the salon, and was shocked with how expensive it was... but after a couple of uses, I can honestly see and feel a difference in my hair. I have really long hair and this made my hair feel really smooth and more manageable.

on 12/16/2016 12:08:00 PM

Pros: doesn't weigh my hair down, lovely smell, hair felt smooth, silky and shiny. Cons: I couldn't think of any.

P.s: use it correctly in order to get a successful result. 1. Apply it while your hair is still wet. 2. You only need a small amount a walnut size is enough unless your hair is thick then you can double the amount. 3. Blow dry it or iron for more sleek result.

on 11/15/2016 1:06:00 PM

Best heat protection treatment in the market! For the last six months I've been getting blonde highlights and have noticed that my hair is drier than usual. After blow-drying my hair looks frizzy. It's a problem I have never had before, because I have fine hair that leans more to oily than dry. For reference, I have shoulder length hair that is fine in quality, but I have lots of it.

Ciment Thermique has been a lifesaver. Most anti-frizz leave-in treatments weigh my hair down, but this blow-dry milk makes my hair smooth but at the same time lightweight. It never feels greasy or leaves any build ups. I use this last of my styling products, just before blow-drying. With Ciment Thermique, I can blow-dry and heat style my hair even after every wash without being afraid of hair breakage. I don't know if it cures split ends (can any product do that?), but it keeps my hair in good condition.

Hopefully Kerastase will never discontinue this product! This has become a stable product for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Not good for thick or wavy hair! This product may be a god send for those with fine limp hair, but I have long, thick wavy hair that I blow out straight... this product did not detangle my hair, nor did it smooth or soften it... may work on fine fragile hair but not good as a smoothing treatment!

on 10/13/2016 7:57:00 PM

I believe this may be discontinued but if I run out I will look for something as close to this as possible. I was recommended by the stylist at Suki's in Vancouver to try this. I have colour treated hair that is a little brittle. My hair is quite long. I use this about every 3 washes. It makes my hair feel smooth and strong. It does not have a noticeable build-up. I put about a dime to a quarter's worth in my hand and apply. It goes on easily, spreading nicely through my hair. I have hair licks in my hair. While this doesn't tame them down completely the product does seem to give me some extra styling control. Like it a lot.

I love the entire line of Kerastase products - they're the ONLY products that have Transformed my dry hair to healthy hair! I love using Ciment Thermique on towel dried hair...it keeps it from frizzing, and nourishes it from being dry. Nothing will repair split ends, unfortunately, BUT trimming the split ends, and using Kerastase products will make your hair healthy again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Ciment Thermique...where have you been my whole life?!
I've always been hit or miss with Kerastase products; I either love them or just feel meh with them. This blow dry milk has changed...let me say that again...CHANGED my hair. Revolutionized. Transformed. Huzzah!

Along with Living Proof's Restore line and AG's The Oil this has become a permanent staple in my hair care routine. HG status. I have dry, heavily damaged blonde, ombre hair and I notice immediately when I don't use it. When I do it's silky smooth, shiny, bouncy, my ends look sealed and my hair overall looks like there was never any damage. It's unreal how well this product works. Just like other users have said, make sure you use heat with this product, that's how the product is "activated". The smell is divine and fresh, the feel of the product is surprisingly light, never greasy or heavy on my hair. I can honestly say that every single time I use this product I have a "good hair day".

To those users who say it "stopped working" or made their hair dry and brittle, take a look at what other products you are using on your head. Yes, you can overload your hair with protein or damage control products. When I fried my hair after going from blonde to black to blonde again (yes, I am crazy), I was using keratin after keratin product thinking I needed to replace the lost protein in my hair to make it healthy again. Boy was I wrong! The keratin was actually making my hair more brittle and weak. Yes, you can use protein on your hair but in moderation. I ditched all my keratin-based products and stuck to ones that had alternative ingredients to help restore and repair hair. Ciment Thermique is a lovely alternative to the keratin treatment that's so much better for your hair! It gives you that beautiful shine and smooth strands without the damage. In my opinion it's worth every penny! Yay!

on 3/10/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so I should preface this review by saying I never, ever, EVER heat style.
I'm a spiky pixie sporting outdoors freak who doesn't even own a hairdryer, lol.
So why do I use this stuff?

Because summer desert heat is pretty much as damaging as flat ironing IME.

So I like to use this before heading into the Nevada desert to spend weeks in 3% humidity with temperatures ranging between freezing and scorching in the 3 digits.
Without it by summer's end, my hair looks like a microwaved Brillo pad.

This protects my color and keeps my hair silky and soft, I always pack a tube when I travel.

Popular Hair Treatments