Kerastase Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated Reconstructor

Kerastase Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated Reconstructor
Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated ReconstructorCiment Thermique Heat-Activated ReconstructorKerastase Resistance - Ciment ThermiqueKerastase Resistance - Ciment Thermique

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-4, potato starch modified, hydroxylpropyl guar, methylparaben, limonene, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, methosulfate, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, geraniol, linalool, cetrimonium chloride, citral, parfum/fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Not good for thick or wavy hair! This product may be a god send for those with fine limp hair, but I have long, thick wavy hair that I blow out straight... this product did not detangle my hair, nor did it smooth or soften it... may work on fine fragile hair but not good as a smoothing treatment!

on 10/13/2016 7:57:00 PM

I believe this may be discontinued but if I run out I will look for something as close to this as possible. I was recommended by the stylist at Suki's in Vancouver to try this. I have colour treated hair that is a little brittle. My hair is quite long. I use this about every 3 washes. It makes my hair feel smooth and strong. It does not have a noticeable build-up. I put about a dime to a quarter's worth in my hand and apply. It goes on easily, spreading nicely through my hair. I have hair licks in my hair. While this doesn't tame them down completely the product does seem to give me some extra styling control. Like it a lot.

To Read all 283 Reviews, Login or Join

I love the entire line of Kerastase products - they're the ONLY products that have Transformed my dry hair to healthy hair! I love using Ciment Thermique on towel dried keeps it from frizzing, and nourishes it from being dry. Nothing will repair split ends, unfortunately, BUT trimming the split ends, and using Kerastase products will make your hair healthy again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Ciment Thermique...where have you been my whole life?!
I've always been hit or miss with Kerastase products; I either love them or just feel meh with them. This blow dry milk has changed...let me say that again...CHANGED my hair. Revolutionized. Transformed. Huzzah!

Along with Living Proof's Restore line and AG's The Oil this has become a permanent staple in my hair care routine. HG status. I have dry, heavily damaged blonde, ombre hair and I notice immediately when I don't use it. When I do it's silky smooth, shiny, bouncy, my ends look sealed and my hair overall looks like there was never any damage. It's unreal how well this product works. Just like other users have said, make sure you use heat with this product, that's how the product is "activated". The smell is divine and fresh, the feel of the product is surprisingly light, never greasy or heavy on my hair. I can honestly say that every single time I use this product I have a "good hair day".

To those users who say it "stopped working" or made their hair dry and brittle, take a look at what other products you are using on your head. Yes, you can overload your hair with protein or damage control products. When I fried my hair after going from blonde to black to blonde again (yes, I am crazy), I was using keratin after keratin product thinking I needed to replace the lost protein in my hair to make it healthy again. Boy was I wrong! The keratin was actually making my hair more brittle and weak. Yes, you can use protein on your hair but in moderation. I ditched all my keratin-based products and stuck to ones that had alternative ingredients to help restore and repair hair. Ciment Thermique is a lovely alternative to the keratin treatment that's so much better for your hair! It gives you that beautiful shine and smooth strands without the damage. In my opinion it's worth every penny! Yay!

on 3/10/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so I should preface this review by saying I never, ever, EVER heat style.
I'm a spiky pixie sporting outdoors freak who doesn't even own a hairdryer, lol.
So why do I use this stuff?

Because summer desert heat is pretty much as damaging as flat ironing IME.

So I like to use this before heading into the Nevada desert to spend weeks in 3% humidity with temperatures ranging between freezing and scorching in the 3 digits.
Without it by summer's end, my hair looks like a microwaved Brillo pad.

This protects my color and keeps my hair silky and soft, I always pack a tube when I travel.

on 3/6/2016 9:55:00 AM

I started using Ciment Thermique after frying two sections of my hair with a malfunctioning flat iron. Otherwise my hair was in very good condition. I was already using Tigi Blow Out Balm (except on the day I fried it...D'oh!), but felt I needed something that could help repair the damage I had done. I have oily hair and wash it every day, and started using a pea-sized amount of Ciment Thermique daily. I loved it for the first several days of use, as I felt that it was taming the remaining frizzy bits left over from my "triage" haircut (my hair was already short) and my hair also felt very soft and bouncy.

However, after about five days my hair suddenly became extremely dry and brittle and I started to freak out until reading some of the other comments on this thread. I immediately stopped using it and it took another 5 days or so of daily washing until my hair felt normal again. Now I am down to using it once a week using Tigi Blowout Balm on the days in-between. So far, this seems to be working quite well for me.

Bottom line, this product may not be for everyone. There is definitely such a thing as "too much" protein, especially for those who already have healthy hair. But if it left your hair feeling dry or brittle I suggest using it much less frequently before giving up as it can last through several washes. And a little goes a long way so don't use too much!!

on 1/25/2016 12:15:00 AM

This is hands down my HG product. I use it after every wash on my weak and fine blonde hair. I can't recommend it enough.

However you have to make sure you're using it correctly otherwise it doesn't take effect. It doesn't seem to activate until you blow dry and apply heat to your hair (from a straightener) and then like magic - POW! Soft, smooth locks.

Worth every cent.

on 1/20/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used this product for about six months now and I add about a dime size to my freshly washed, long hair before blowdrying it. It seems to make it smoother and a little bit softer. It doesn't weigh down my hair the same way oil sometimes does. However, I could probably get the same result using a small amount of pure argan oil instead of this more expensive product. It smells alright, not super delightful, but nice enough.

on 1/16/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got a miniature of this product as a gift with purchase at the Duty Free. It has a lotion kind of texture and a weird medicine/grass smell, but works amazingly on my hair. To be honest, my hair isn't damaged, but this doesn't weigh it down and makes it soft and shiny instead.

I always blow dry my hair and use a heat protecting leave-in, but it's good to know that Ciment Thermique is not only protecting, but also improving my hair's health. I'm still deciding whether or not to get a full size of this product, considering its price and the fact that my current leave-in works great for me as well.

EDIT: Not only I didn't get the full size, I couldn't finish the miniature. I find that it doesn't work very well as a leave-in as it's not very softening/detangling and leaves my hair kind of rigid. Also, I do prefer other types of treatment, like hair masks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love!
I have natural brown hair (no highlights or colouring) but with lots of split ends because I blow dry daily.
This product leaves hair SO smooth and soft! And I usually run away from leave in products, but this one didn't weigh down my hair.

Popular Hair Treatments