Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would definitely buy again. This is the only chapstick I've ever given a damn about lol. I've had it since the summer which is a surprise for me that I haven't lost it
It smells good and really moisturized my lips. They look so good when I use this. Moisturized and it adds a bit of a reddish tint to them :)
The ingredients speak for themselves- all great oils and moisturizing components

on 11/27/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So disappointing :( I used to love Burt's Bees products in high school, so recently when I noticed my lips were feeling a little dry I picked up a couple tubes for old time's sake. I don't know if the formula has changed or what, but yeah...my lips started out a bit chapped and after maybe a week of using this every day, they had turned to peeling, cracking, nasty sandpaper lips.
I switched to plain Vaseline for a few days and my lips went back to normal. I'll be avoiding Burt's Bees from now on, especially since you pay a premium for the supposed 'natural' ingredients. Bargain bin, store brand petroleum jelly is legit a better option.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

HG chapstick for me. I've probably been through 10 of them. I'll try other chapsticks but I always come back to this, especially in the winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

From friends and family, I have gotten interpretations of the "pomegranate" scent as:
- a barn
- animals
- candle wax
- herbs/plants
- medicine

It has grown on me with time. I like the very very very sheer pink cast and how it feels more like an oil than a waxy balm.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this thinking it would soften my cracking dry lips. However, it's wax seems to just coat my lips and not offer any deep treatment. The only thing I really like about it is the tinge of colour it give to my lips when they're dry.

on 10/23/2016 10:02:00 AM

Works very well especially when your lips are cracked and dry during the day

on 10/23/2016 8:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This balm is so hydrating, but I didn't love the pomegranate scent. I kept this on my nightstand until it was fully used up and it wasn't drying or irritating at all. I would repurchase this, but I'd try another flavor/scent for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, as if the original wasn't good enough, this is the absolute best. I am a long term fan of burts and love this stuff. Tastes so good, moisturizes amazingly well, is inexpensive, readily available, and is a cruelty free product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this and will keep rebuying. And his bees. I love the original balm, but it's a little too waxy. I loved the peppermint tingling sensation more than anything else about it. But I'd use it under my lipglosses, but it started to make them smell nasty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reviewing the ingredients list the only thing I can conclude that caused it is the lanolin, carmine or fragrance. How Burt's Bee's can continue to claim all natural is beyond me.I don't think this is natural at all and made my skin terrible!