Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this thinking it would soften my cracking dry lips. However, it's wax seems to just coat my lips and not offer any deep treatment. The only thing I really like about it is the tinge of colour it give to my lips when they're dry.

on 10/23/2016 10:02:00 AM

Works very well especially when your lips are cracked and dry during the day

on 10/23/2016 8:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This balm is so hydrating, but I didn't love the pomegranate scent. I kept this on my nightstand until it was fully used up and it wasn't drying or irritating at all. I would repurchase this, but I'd try another flavor/scent for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, as if the original wasn't good enough, this is the absolute best. I am a long term fan of burts and love this stuff. Tastes so good, moisturizes amazingly well, is inexpensive, readily available, and is a cruelty free product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this and will keep rebuying. And his bees. I love the original balm, but it's a little too waxy. I loved the peppermint tingling sensation more than anything else about it. But I'd use it under my lipglosses, but it started to make them smell nasty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reviewing the ingredients list the only thing I can conclude that caused it is the lanolin, carmine or fragrance. How Burt's Bee's can continue to claim all natural is beyond me.I don't think this is natural at all and made my skin terrible!

on 4/10/2016 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of the greasier, more emollient Burt's offerings, and not waxy. My least favorite in terms of smell and flavor. But one of the most moisturizing, (if the the most), out of all the Burt's I've tried. In fact, one of the best moisturizing balms I've ever tried, period.
Slather this one with a more occlusive/barrier balm on top overnight and wake up to great lips.
It's cheap and easy when compared to my recent, less effective splurges like La Mer and
Nuxe. It doesn't last on the lips long though, so don't expect it to help if you're gonna be outside in the cold/wind/dry air, grab something else. This one is for moisturizing.
Because it's so slippery, it's not my first choice to use under lip color. I use this at night anyhow, so no big deal.

This smells like an ashtray. So vile.

Couldn't get past that so gave it to my husband and he doesn't mind it as much, so he gives it three lippies.

Got it in a Burt's Bees mini gift set and I hate almost all the other smells as well, but this one especially.

Definitely one to smell before you buy.

on 3/31/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The BEST lipbalm. Most tinted balms make me look stupid, but this yields the *loveliest* pink flush—something I haven't been able to find even in lip products marketed for their color—with the teensiest bit of sheen to it. Smell is so-so, not bad but not great. Moisturizes beautifully.

I'm pretty much going to repurchase one of these whenever I see them in a store, so that I can always have one on hand

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

There is no real magic to this lip balm, but I don't need magic from a lip balm. I need a quick hit of moisture when my lips feel dry, or a base for lip colors that can be drying on bare lips. This stuff is simple. It smells fresh and pretty, leaves a *faint* rosy glow and doesn't contain a ton of scary chemicals. It is inexpensive enough that I can afford several, to have stashed everywhere I may roam. There is some truth to the complaint that it wears away too quickly, but- again- this stuff is pretty cheap. Maaaybe there's magic in some of these $30 wallet-slayers, but I'm not gonna risk it only to find out I was right all along. I'll keep up my Burt's Bees habit, thankyaverymuch. I may be single-handedly keeping this stuff on the shelves.