Johnson & Johnson Medicated Penaten Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

Petrolatum, Zinc Oxide, Lanolin, Talc, Aqua, Panthenol, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Water, Allantoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Paraffinum Liqidum, Glycine Soja Oil, Alcohol, Parfum, Beta Carotene

I remember my mom using this cream on my skin when I was a kid, after a winter morning spent outdoors, or summer evening after a day on the beach. Now, 20 years later, I buy and use it myself. It works incredibly well as an overnight spot treatment, as well quickly heals cheilitis in the corners of my mouth. It's thick and leaves white residue. The smell is powdery, not unpleasant, but it doesn't go away quickly after application. It has high concentration of zinc, which has anti inflammatory properties. I have acne prone skin so it saved me a couple of times- I put it on my pimple before going to bed and next day it's visibly reduced, and completely gone within 2 days.
It's a staple in my skincare regime.

on 1/6/2015 1:12:00 PM

I found a seemingly very very weird use for this stuff, and that is lighten my foundation with it. crazy, i know!!! but it works for me! i have a hard time finding foundations that match my skintone, so that really was some discovery for me!!!! :-) actually, i just discovered this cream recently and since my colleague once told me she used it on insect bites, i purchased it. been using it on a blemish and it seems to work for that too. i was glad to discover it doesn't smell of baby (what i feared it might, since it is used as diaper cream a lot) but it smells hardly of anything to me. I read it was supposed to smell citrusy what it doesn't do to me. Anyhow I mostly use it mixed with my foundation. It gives it more staying power also, which is great! might get whitewashed if i use too much. One tad is enough. but that works perfectly!!

on 4/13/2013 1:18:00 PM

I use this cream for every type of skin irritation. It works great for rashes, burns, pimples, or to heal cuts and scrapes. My mom used it on me and my siblings since we were babies so I have always had a container of this around. I now use it on my three boys, as a diaper cream and for all the weird little rashes they get! Packaging is not so good, the lid always comes off. One time I bought it in a tube like container which was better but it wasn't the exact same formulation but still worked well.

on 11/3/2007 5:34:00 PM

This product works great for rashes and pimples. I read about using zinc diaper rash creams for an overnight pimple treatment, and it works for me! I just put a bit on my pimple (it stays white on the skin), and my pimple is really decreased in size and redness overnight. I will definately repurchase.