Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray

4.4

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Distilled rosewater, glycerin, aloe juice, polysorbate 20, tocopheryl acetate, vegetable oil & Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) and Vitamin B (ergocalciferol), fennel (and) hops (and) balm mint (and) mistletoe (and) maticaria (and) yarrow extracts, mallow (and) ivy (and) cucumber (and) sambucus and arnica extracts, trace mineral concentrate, methyl paraben

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bummed to report that the formula* prevents this from misting properly. At first I thought it might just be an issue with the packaging, but decanting it into two different tried and true misting bottles didn't solve the problem; something about this formula disallows spraying it in a fine mist, and you're just not going to get it to spray evenly or lightly. Since I wanted to use this as a midday refresher, it won't work for me. But if you like the ingredients and don't mind spraying it into your hand and then patting it on, it could work for you as a hydrating toner.

*Googling quickly revealed that this has been reformulated--and I mean substantially--multiple times. These are the ingredients for the version I bought:
Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, PEG-50 Shea Butter, Caprylyl Glycol, Aloe Vera, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panax (Ginseng) Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rose Oil Fragance, Cholcalciferol, Sodium EDTA, (Vitamin D3), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay I'm really not sure if I received a bad batch or something but this stuff actually caused me to horribly breakout. I've used rosewater sprays and other rose products without any irritations or breakouts but something in this just really caused havoc on my skin! Woke up with several zits sporadically placed around my face and one was a deep cystic pimple in my chin, really painful and I have the type of the skin that's rarely broken out. I immediately took this out of my routine and my skin healed with some time.

I spent such a long time after using this thinking that I was allergic to rose or rosewater, but finally worked up the courage to try other rose products such as Ren's rose cleansing balm, Mario Badescu rose water mist, and Fresh rosewater mist. I enjoy all of those and none have caused any reactions so I'm honestly confused. I never threw away the bottle after the reaction I had, so I stumbled across this in a drawer a couple months ago. I was NOT about to try it on my face again however I did do a patch test on my hand just to see if any reaction would occur and sure enough within 5 mins my hand started to itch and become visibly pinkish red. I washed it off immediately and chucked it out because I definitely now know it was this spray and not just my skin randomly breaking out. It sucks because it seems a lot of other people really like this one maybe I got a weird dud :( I won't take the chance again though

love reviva labs rose water facial spray and tbh i dont LOVE anything until it proves itself to me..
i dont have mac fix plus but i use a strong makeup application regime so i know what products to use for a flawless face. i have been using this spray over 6 months. i think that it does an excellent job as a setting spray just as good as model in a bottle and its gentle..
around $8 at the vitamin shoppe, someone below complained of the sprayer, alot does come out but if you buy an oquaque spray bottle (vitamin shoppe $2) i put it in there and it balances the released amount out. this only takes about 30 seconds to dry no irritation definately a staple in my collection with a reasonable price this helps my makeup last 10+ hrs..
on my second bottle will repurchase, lasts forever

I don't use a spray prior to this. But I thought to give it a try after seeing a lot of very good reviews. And I like it! What I like:
- good price for a good size bottle. will last ages. I bought this online from iHerb.
- 2 spritz covers the whole face with some to spare for the neck.
- gives added moisture to the whole face including eyes and lips. with no stickness, no oil. can use as many times as you want in the day, or as you need to when feeling dry.
- has some really cool ingredients like hyaluronic acide, feels like I am taking good care of my skin.

It does have a heavy scent the first few days I used it, but I have become desensitized after that.

I struggle to find a good moisturizer that works in my hot humid weather, and my combination skin on the surface but dry beneath. Now, I spritz this for that added moisture, layer on a serum (which tends to be lighter in texture than moisturiser), and add sunscreen. Pat on some loose powder and I'm ready to go.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love love LOVE Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray! Prior to finding this product, I was using Heritage's Rosewater + Glycerin spray. Revivals rosewater facial spray has a much stronger rose scent (which I love) and I've found that my skin just reacts so beautifully to it. I cannot see myself ever taking this facial spray out of my skin care routine.

I currently use this facial spray as a toner and I honestly haven't seen my skin this good in so long. Granted, I'm using a lot of other products now which I didn't use before so can't give all the credit to this rosewater facial spray. But oh the smell, I do love it very much.

I deducted a packaging lippie because the facial "spray" is not a misting kind of spray. It is like a face DRENCHER kind of spray. Reviva, can you please fix this? It's like this jet stream. Till then, I'll continue to spray first into my palms and then apply to face. Only two sprays are needed to cover my entire face. I love it! Can't wait to buy more ;)

I have had this product for over a year and every time I spray it over my face, I end up having a horrible rush. Wouldn't recommend if you have acne prone skin

This product has been a HG for me for literally decades. I initially found it at my local health food store.and they still order it for me 3 bottles at a time..I don't have to pay tax or shipping..altho, I would if I had to..this is perhaps the one thing in my arsenal that I would never, ever, ever, give up. I mostly use it to..set.. my makeup at the end..it makes an amazing difference.. Altho, as I have gotten older, my skin has gotten better..and I am literally not using any makeup..just concealer around the eyes if needed.But I always use it as a finish..In reading some of the reviews here..I think I am going to try it on my hair...never thought of that..That is why I LOVE MakeupAlley!!!!!!

Is okay, I feel its a little over priced

This is a really great product. I bought a bottle at Vitamin Shoppe for about $8 and I loved the directions- it gave many valid uses for the product, some that I've never even thought of, like setting makeup. It's easy to use, and I usually use three sprays for every day and nighttime cleansing session, two spritzes for my face and one for my neck. The smell is very wonderfully rosy, light and old-fashioned. I don't believe that this is a direct cause of why my skin has been clearer lately, but my face feels very supple after a few hours of using it with a moisturizer. I highly recommend this product- except for one thing. Please be very careful not to accidentally spray it in your eyes, like I did!! Being the idiot that I am and trying to set my eye makeup, the spray got in my eyes and they burned for about 15 minutes. Please, PLEASE do not be me. This contains hyaluronic acid (sort of like a natural Botox) and may cause problems for people with sensitive skin. That being the only con, it is a wonderful product and this is now an essential in my beauty routine.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just purchased my second bottle of this and I will never be without this product. I use this multiple times a day. I spray my face before applying makeup, as a moisturizer and then after, to give a natural, fresh, dewy and glowing look to my makeup. I spray my face at night before bed. I definitely notice a difference if I'm not regularly using this. This evens my skintone, moisturizes, and gives me glowing skin. It smells amazing. I love this

Popular Face Skincare Products