Jergens Original Scent Lotion

Jergens Original Scent Lotion

4.2

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ESTERS, GLYCERYL DILAURATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, LANOLIN OIL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7/17/2006 - I have finally found an all-purpose body lotion that actually makes my dry, itchy skin feel quenched and soothed upon application. The scent is pure nostalgia and reminds me of when I was a little girl but, it loses a lippy because the cherry almond scent turns into the scent of baby powder minutes after I've applied it. It's still nice but I would prefer if it stayed cherry almond. I still love my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula right out of the shower the best for my super dry skin, but Jergens Original is perfect for 'cleansing the palate' and soothing the 'itchies' when I need a change from the cocoa butter fragrance. Did I mention it's dirt cheap? HG :) (Originally 4 lippies)

UPDATE: 7/18/2016: I just purchased a new bottle of this lotion. Well, it really isn't this lotion anymore. They've changed the packaging AND the formula but kept the original scent and charge three times what the old one cost. I apply my lotion right out of the shower while my skin is still damp. This new formula completely breaks up and balls on the skin. I had to jump back in the shower to rinse it off! I normally would just pass it on to a friend who may just use it as a hand lotion, However this time, I am returning it. I feel I need to take a more active role when I am unhappy with a product. Will never repurchase.

on 7/3/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this body lotion. The scent of cherry almond is to die for. I have repurchased this over and over. It soaks in my dry skin and the scent lasts on me. No migraine inducer either....

To Read all 148 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/28/2016 12:33:00 AM

A classic. Nothing since the creation of this iconic lotion has been able to top it.
It moisturizes the skin without making it greasy but it's cherry-almond scent is what has endeared it to many generations over the years. Comforting and a beauty in it's own class.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of Jergens lotions, especially this one because of the scent!! Moisturizes my skin without making it feel greasy or thick. I like to use this product during day and night. Definitely would repurchase :)

on 2/8/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. I needed a cheap travel size (hand lotion in a pinch and these were on sale at Walgreens (2 oz. tubes) for 99 cents (reg $2.00) so I picked on up. Not a huge fan - did not like smell. Felt a little greasy but not horribly so. I will stick to Aveeno or other drugstore brands - or my fancy-schmancy stuff.

Cheap - yes.
Awesome? No.

P.S. - Strongly "fake cherry" scented - and I am NOT a fan.

on 9/3/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this lotion for years. It deeply moisturizes my dry skin and my skin looks and feels smoother and healthier looking. It doesn't leave a greasy film either. I use it on my feet all the way up to my hands and neck. If you have never tried this stuff the first thing you will be attracted to is the smell. It smells like cherry almond! And I love almonds. Here's also a perfume tip, this lotions scent pairs perfectly with Guerlains Le Petite Robe Noire, Lolita Lempicka, Dior hypnotic Poison, and other cherry and or almond perfumes.

This lotion is so cheap too and can be found in most stores. I buy a jumbo 32oz(946 ml) size bottle with a pump and it lasts me a long time. This is a classic and one of the best lotions out there!

Broke out in rash.. Dr determined it was the sodium hydroxide in the formula. Same stuff that is in drain cleaner. As much as I like the scent and feel of it. I can not use it. Please beware. May be harmful

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loooove this product! My favorite lotion to use on my body at the moment! I've always been a bath and body works lotion lover, but as I've gotten a bit older I've noticed that my skin doesn't agree with their products :( This lotion however has made my skin feel so much softer and look much more hydrated and glowy!!! Love love love this item!!

on 4/20/2015 12:58:00 PM

LOOOVE THIS LOTION. The scent reminds me of the 80s and 90s when my mom would use this and I would sneak under her sink to use it too haha. This makes my skin super soft , and for the price you can't beat it ! I use this in the spring/summer and switch to the Shea butter formula in the winter. This is a classic product that I will continue to buy !

on 1/18/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this lotion!! It does a great job of moisturizing and it's light, not heavy or greasy. The best thing about it is the classic cherry almond smell. I really can't get enough of it.