Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 2/11/2017 12:46:00 PM

This is a miracle cleanser! I got it as a free sample and loved it so much I immediately went and bought a bottle. Only been using it for 2 weeks or so but it has already helped clear up my minor acne. It leaves my skin so soft I don't even need a moisturizer afterwards. The other cleaners I've tried always left my skin feeling tight and dry afterwards so moisturizer is a must. I use this in the morning and at night. It removes my makeup and makes my skin look and feel radiant. I've already gotten serveral compliments from people saying my skin looks so much healthier! Will definitely continue to use this product and recommend it to all my family and friends!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is an alright cleanser. My face feels clean after using it but that's all there is. I find that it doesn't really take off heavy makeup well (I use an oil cleanser beforehand instead) and does little to control oil production. It's not bad but nothing special.

on 12/31/2016 7:59:00 PM

I have normal, but dehydrated skin and I have been using this product as a morning cleanser for a good three months now and I love the results.

I wouldn't trust it to remove make up, but it's nice and gentle for morning use. My skin is left feeling clean and refreshed but there's no tightness at all.

I know smell shouldn't matter in skincare but the smell of this is so gorgeous...it smells like a spa to me and when I have a morning cup of tea and wash my face with this cleanser I feel so calm and ready to start the day.

My skin is the best it's ever been, and while this product can't take all the credit for that it's definitely a vital part of my routine.

on 12/25/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a non-foaming gel that gets rid of flakiness and smooths skin. Good to use after over-enthusiastic retinol benders: leave it on for a moment before rinsing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

this is the WORST cleanser ever. simply had to write this review as I have never came across such an AWFUL cleanser as this one. I have not gotten pimples for the past 4 years and my skin is not sensitive. i can usually jump from product to product with no breakouts whatsoever until I used this cleanser. firstly, it broke me out SO BAD, I'm talking about huge cystic acne all over my forehead. initially, I thought my skin just needed to adjust to the new cleanser, so I used it for a month (which I feel is more than ample time to give the cleanser a fair shot) but the cystic acne just got worse. everyone around me was commenting what happened to my skin as it is usually clear. not to mention, it leaves a sort of film / residue on your face after washing off. thus, when I'm using a toner after, I can still see dirt on my cotton pad which I've never experienced EVER. BEWARE of this cleanser!!!!!

on 11/9/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this item as my friend recommended it. I've seen a lot about MB's products, however much to my disappointment. I did not notice any difference, I continued to use the cleanser it hopes it would start to show results and instead little red sore spots starting to form on my skin, spreading each time I used this cleanser! My skin is now worse then ever!!!! I have discontinued using this cleanser with immediate effect! Avoid at all costs.

on 9/17/2016 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just finished my bottle of this stuff and I quite liked this cleanser. At the start I was confused because it didn't foam at all so I didn't really know if my face was really getting a good cleanse. The bottle has a really cool lid that helps you get our just the right amount of product out. Initially my skin broke out a little but, but after a week or so it evened out. It feels really gentle on your face.

on 8/27/2016 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand the high reviews on this. This product smells like straight up hospital cleaner. I bought a bottle of this at Urban Outfitters for $18 canadian when they started carrying Mario B in Canada finally and wanted to try out some of his well reviewed products, I should of never got it. It burns my eyes and doesn't do a whole lot in terms of cleaning my face. The bottle is huge and despite using it 10x or so by now it doesn't look like I've used any, so if you like this stuff it would last you a while, too bad I hated it and will probably end up throwing it away since it's far past the return time.

Bought this a couple of weeks ago and at first it didn't have much difference, my makeup hadn't come off easily and my skin didn't feel clean but as work in a skincare store I knew to give it a week or so to take effect and still nothing , it has a nice cream/ gel like texture and the price is great !! ($28 at mecca ) but unfortunately didn't clean my skin or give it any moisture / light exfoliation as mentioned on the bottle. Wouldn't recommend 😔

on 5/26/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Okay so I bought this about a month ago.

At first I want impressed but it was the only cleanser I had for a while so I ended up is if this day and night ... Removing makeup - wasn't too easy with this, but I usually double cleanse anyway. For some reason I had thought this wasn't giving me a good enough cleanse, cause I'd tone and see residue or peeling stuff coming off my face.

So after a month or so of using it non stop, I decided to exfoliate with a traditional exfoliating scrub.

Mario badescu never broke me out or made me look dirty btw. It was and is a wonderful cleanse.

But anyway, so I just took to my face to quickly exfoliate with a facial scrub and noticed my skin was incredibly brighter. My complexion was totally even and I almost felt silly applying makeup on, cause I usually wear super full coverage and once I saw my face after washing, it looked SO PERFECT. I definitely felt silly with makeup on cause I felt like it hid my new wonderful complexion! Lol

So after that, I decided I would only use it in the mornings, because it's not doing so great at night coming home with so much makeup removal in my process.

But this definitely works. It's gentle and over time does leave your skin brighter and looking amazing. It's not overnight - as it took me almost a month to notice, lol.