Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 11/10/2017 4:57:00 AM

Oh my God!!! I never use the word ‘Holy Grail’ often but this cleanser is seriously dope. Don’t expect it to clear your makeup but definitely use it as a secondary cleanser. Your skin will feel clean but not drying and it leaves a healthy glow on your skin. Gonna buy this again and again! <3

on 9/19/2017 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this cleanser and want to try more from the brand.This gel is very smooth and my face feels clean and soft but not completely stripped once I’m finished using it. I wouldn't count on this to cleanse makeup, recently I’ve been going makeup free more often, in exchange for more sleep in the morning, lol. My face does still get extremely oily on its own and this gel had been enough to take away the shine and sweat that builds up on my face from during the day. I think the price was reasonable, $14 for 8oz. The scent is fresh and not artificial.

on 8/11/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Recently my face has been breaking out with small zits. Sunscreen? Too much fast food? Sleeping way too late? Who knows???

My acne responds well to products with acids (AHAs, BHAs, glycolic, etc.) in them so I opted to try this cleanser to use in combination with my other, current products. This is also my first Mario Badescu purchase and I've been curious about how they work!

The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is an iridescent cucumber green gel that you have to rub across your skin in circular motions, according to the label. It doesn't spread well, but it's kinda funky to use! Very slippy. It doesn't have exfoliating beads or peach seed shards or anything so you might think it's not exfoliating, but when I woke up the next day I had bright, soft skin! I love it! And it's only $14 for 8 oz. of product, which is niiiice for a semi-luxury product.

on 5/14/2017 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really do like this one, it's nice and gentle and smells nice like citrus and fruits. The bottle is large and you only need the size of 10-20 cent piece. So it will last a long time. However, I only use this of a morning. It's fresh and invigorating and gives me a slight glow for the day. I find it is way too weak to use of a night time. Unless you're a fan of double cleansing, this isn't a very good end of the day cleanser. It doesn't remove makeup well at all. It also doesn't spread too well over the face. Overall, it's nice and fresh. Good for a wake up in the morning.

on 2/11/2017 12:46:00 PM

This is a miracle cleanser! I got it as a free sample and loved it so much I immediately went and bought a bottle. Only been using it for 2 weeks or so but it has already helped clear up my minor acne. It leaves my skin so soft I don't even need a moisturizer afterwards. The other cleaners I've tried always left my skin feeling tight and dry afterwards so moisturizer is a must. I use this in the morning and at night. It removes my makeup and makes my skin look and feel radiant. I've already gotten serveral compliments from people saying my skin looks so much healthier! Will definitely continue to use this product and recommend it to all my family and friends!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is an alright cleanser. My face feels clean after using it but that's all there is. I find that it doesn't really take off heavy makeup well (I use an oil cleanser beforehand instead) and does little to control oil production. It's not bad but nothing special.

on 12/31/2016 7:59:00 PM

I have normal, but dehydrated skin and I have been using this product as a morning cleanser for a good three months now and I love the results.

I wouldn't trust it to remove make up, but it's nice and gentle for morning use. My skin is left feeling clean and refreshed but there's no tightness at all.

I know smell shouldn't matter in skincare but the smell of this is so gorgeous...it smells like a spa to me and when I have a morning cup of tea and wash my face with this cleanser I feel so calm and ready to start the day.

My skin is the best it's ever been, and while this product can't take all the credit for that it's definitely a vital part of my routine.

on 12/25/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a non-foaming gel that gets rid of flakiness and smooths skin. Good to use after over-enthusiastic retinol benders: leave it on for a moment before rinsing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

this is the WORST cleanser ever. simply had to write this review as I have never came across such an AWFUL cleanser as this one. I have not gotten pimples for the past 4 years and my skin is not sensitive. i can usually jump from product to product with no breakouts whatsoever until I used this cleanser. firstly, it broke me out SO BAD, I'm talking about huge cystic acne all over my forehead. initially, I thought my skin just needed to adjust to the new cleanser, so I used it for a month (which I feel is more than ample time to give the cleanser a fair shot) but the cystic acne just got worse. everyone around me was commenting what happened to my skin as it is usually clear. not to mention, it leaves a sort of film / residue on your face after washing off. thus, when I'm using a toner after, I can still see dirt on my cotton pad which I've never experienced EVER. BEWARE of this cleanser!!!!!

on 11/9/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this item as my friend recommended it. I've seen a lot about MB's products, however much to my disappointment. I did not notice any difference, I continued to use the cleanser it hopes it would start to show results and instead little red sore spots starting to form on my skin, spreading each time I used this cleanser! My skin is now worse then ever!!!! I have discontinued using this cleanser with immediate effect! Avoid at all costs.