Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

Filtered by skin type : Combination

this is such an awesome product! for $12 at sallys yoy can get a professional spray tanning system and make it as dark as you want! the dry time was really short so I did sections at a time. the little song is great for the times that it clogs a little and sprays too much in one area. I just used it to rub in, and used the extra on my knees and ankles:) the face thing is kinda hard. I didn't want it on my hair so I sprayed it on the sponge like the directions said, and I feel that just wasted a lot of product. i ended up putting on a shower cap ams spraying my face and rubbing it in with the sponge. it's really easy to spray the floor too so make sure you put a towel or newspaper down:) overall I love it!

This is the most amazing spray tan I have ever used. People ask me all the time where I went on vacation. They don't believe me when I tell them it came from a can. lol. Usually the second or third time, they want to know all about it. It is a very natural color and the "green" others refer to is the result of not shaking the can long enough and/or spraying on too much. You have to shake it a really long time, I shake almost a minute the first time. Then about 10-20 sec after stopping longer than a few seconds. The only con I can think of is that my feet always get it on them. Ugh. I have tried wearing little socks, Vaseline, ect. Finally what I decided to do was to put on lotion and then carefully scrub my feet after and that seems to do the trick.
If you want the perfect spray tan, then here is what I do:
ALWAYS wear gloves.
The first spray out of the can is "thick", make sure that you hold the can as far away as you can for the first second or two. After that, I usually hold about 1-2 feet away and I am careful not to spray the tops of my feet directly, they get enough just when I spray my legs.
Also, the first time you spray, do it very lightly and then the second day, do more. If I haven't sprayed for a while. I usually do a 3-4 day build up for the perfect tan. I exfoliate like crazy before the first time and then usually on the third day and then I usually exfoliate every 2-3 days after that. I think to have a natural tan, you need to spray about every 3 days after you have built up a good base. Sometimes it looks a bit blotchy after I exfoliate, but when I wake up in the morning after spraying the night before, it looks great. I also spray my face, and I was VERY hesitant to do that because my skin is incredibly sensitive and I have reactions to everything. I did get 1 blemish when I first started, but thank goodness I continued with my face after that because I never had anymore trouble, You need to refrain from spraying too heavy because then it will not look natural at all and it wastes so much of the spray that it isn't worth it. Also worth mentioning is that I am very, very white when not spray tanning and it worked great for me, so don't let that hold you back. I am fairly dark now and every says I look great. Have fun....

I LOVE this self tanner. It is the only one I will use!! I truely feel it is the closest thing to a Mystic Tan. So much cheaper than a tanning salon. Mega worth the money!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have and will keep repurchasing this product. I use it every three to four day to keep a decent color and it is very easy for me to use. I personally don't think I could spray myself right so I just spray some in a container and I use makeup sponges and apply it on myself that way. I think the color comes out better that way and it doesn't really take that long to do. I think it helps to conserve the spray too, it doesn't really use that much when you are wiping it on. The color comes out very nice and natural on me. Brown and tan, not orange and fake like most tanners i have used. It fades really naturally on me, as long as you exfoliate well you shouldn't get any chips or breaks in color when fading. I highly recommend this to everyone. It is the best I have found and I have used a lot of tanners. I am pale white and cannot tan in the sun to save my life. So these tanners are my only option, because skin cancer runs in my family so I don't want to go to the tanning bed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I personally love this stuff. I always spray myself, my friends, my mother, and sister with this before they have a special event. They LOVE the results they get. It does look orange at first but after 12 hours when you rinse it off in the shower, the color you get is beautiful and even. I do not recommend this for someone who is not good with self tanners because this would be difficult for someone with no experience.

This product was awful for me. I love getting airbrushed at a salon but it's expensive so i thought this might be a more economical solution. I had my sister apply this to my legs as a test, and I am so glad I tried it before spraying my whole body! This was awful for me. Smelled awful, the application was streaky and the color was the most unatural orange you can imagine. I had horrible, blotchy skin and looked like I had a skin disease. I guess I got what I paid for in this situation. Went right in the trash. To be fair I am very pale, so perhaps if you already had a base tan and you just wanted to deepen your color this might work.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only self tanner I'm confident enough to use. If you follow the directions exactly it works perfect. It's not orang-y or streaky. I use it by myself. The only suggestions I could make are...using it outside or on a towel is a plus....it comes out of the gun in a mist and it will get on anything around it. I made the mistake of spraying myself in the bathroom and it was all over the floor...on the other hand it's very easy to wipe up.

It lasts about a week...it made my legs feel very smooth. You can find it at Walgreens or Sallys. They even have it in the winter but they keep it in the back...so you have to ask for it. If they're nice enough they'll get it for you.

This is the best self tanner I've used so far, however, it's the second type I've used so I don't know if that's saying much. I will try more types, though. It was very cheap ($10 at Walgreens). It wasn't bad, just not very convenient to use. First of all, you need someone to spray this on you. I had my husband spray me in the shower and it splattered all over the it and made a huge mess. Secondly, it looked scary on (really splattery and dirty). I was pretty scared that it was going to stay like that. After standing for 20 min. waiting for it to dry, I finally rubbed my skin to rub in any remaining splatters and smears and it still blended and my skin still felt wet. 2 hours after application, I still feel the wetness from the tanning solution and I just don't feel very comfortable or dry. However, I did like how it was tinted...it made me feel like no spots were missed and I also liked the believable tint it immediately gave my skin so I feel like the tan will be very nice. I'm not sure how long it's going to last so I will update on that later. UPDATE: Okay, I noticed as the day progressed that my husband totally missed spots on me and totally saturated my right foot (It was dirt brown) so I was pretty freaked out thinking I was going to be walking around with dark brown and white slashes all over me (although I did like the color of the dark brown tan). I decided to take a bath about 10 hours after application in order to maybe scrub some of it off my foot and anywhere else I was really splotchy. As soon my body hit the water, the stuff came off...and I mean all of it. In fact, it is all now around my neck from floating to the top of the tub. I didn't even have to scrub. In fact, I lifted my foot with scrubber in hand and there was nothing there! I know it had a tint in it so you can see where you applied it, but I think that's all it had! No wonder they lowered the price of it from $18 to $10. It's nothing but bronzer with a promise of DHA.