Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste

No Image

2.2

Evil

on 7/9/2017 4:47:00 PM

I bought this because it has Stannous Fluoride as the active ingredient, which is a preferable form of Fl, if it doesn't cause staining. It works well for me. I have used this in cinnamon flavor and have not had any problems at all. I use it with a Sonicare and I have not had any issues with oral or peri oral sensitivity. Cinnamon was not available and picked up "intense peppermint" but have yet to use it. So there may be some variation among the flavors.

on 10/11/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Crest toothpaste FOREVER!! I had a coupon and purchased Pro Health, the taste was a bit strong but the problem was it was almost liquid. It ran all over the place. The lid on the tube was not tight so therefore the leakage problem. Most caps for toothpaste are very secure, this one was horrible, thankfully I have no children in my home, which could turn the bathroom into a disaster area. Whoever designed this tube certainly did not plan on using this product. Unfortunately I bought a double pack and the price was not a bargain even with a coupon. I will give the other tube to charity. It might be time to switch brands!

Great for gum health and an overall deep clean. I have received great check ups since using this product. I have really sensitive teeth. My mom told me to try this and it has helped immensely.

Despite having always taking care of my teeth, I ended up with a gum infection after a long hospital stay. I went to the dentist and had a deep cleaning. I tried three different toothpastes. The standard sensitive toothpastes didn't give a deep clean and I was still having issues at my next checkup. I started using ProHealth Deep Clean and at my most recent check up the hygienist and dentist were both thrilled at how healthy my teeth and gums looked. In addition to that I have very minimal sensitivity left. The improvements are amazing.

on 4/3/2015 7:33:00 PM

I have always used Crest toothpastes. Has a coupon for Crest Pro Health. Gave it a try. It was absolutely terrible. Toothpaste automatically turned to a liquid when you start brushing. Burning, not refreshing, feeling. The worst thing, however, was what it did to my lips. All of a sudden, the skin started peeling off my lips. After about 10 days of my lips peeling, it dawned on me that they started peeling when I started this toothpaste. Stopped using it. Lips stopped peeling. This product should be taken off the market. Dangerous.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I do find this toothpaste strange in that it doesn't have as strong a cooling sensation in my mouth as the average toothpaste. It does feel strangely warm. However, it got the job done and I have finished a travel size tube without too much hassle.

I won't be repurchasing in full size though, as I've since read that the decorative beads included in this toothpaste can get stuck in your gums. I had noticed that a small section of my gums had been feeling tender a week or two ago (while using this toothpaste and my normal one and regular one does not contain these beads). I'm not definitively sure that the decorative beads were the cause, but seeing as this toothpaste was somewhat strange to begin I'm not crazy about repurchasing.

For reference, the article I read can be found here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/09/18/why-dentists-are-speaking-out-about-the-plastic-beads-in-your-toothpaste/

on 1/17/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Stay away from this toothpaste!! I have no idea what Crest did with this toothpaste, but it's horrible. I had a coupon, and my family has always used Crest (the other formulas) so I picked it up. Usually, toothpaste has a "cooling effect" in your mouth, and the blob of paste on your toothbrush kinda melts in your mouth so you can move it around and brush. Hard to explain in writing, but you get the idea--KWIM?
This stuff WARMED in my mouth like a warming face scrub. It was THICK and never thinned out and so GRITTY. It instantly STUNG my gums, cheeks, and tongue. Seriously..I felt like I had that expandable foam stuff, that you use for insulation, in my mouth, along with 10,000 fire ants biting the inside of my mouth. I rinsed, rinsed, and rinsed again to get this crap out of my mouth. After barely one use, my gums and tongue were bright red and stinging.
I didn't get any of the white stringy stuff other people have experienced, but that's because I couldn't even get through one brushing. Throw this in the garbage where it belongs..don't use it anymore if you are using it, you're probably ruining your mouth. Never buys this!

on 5/29/2013 11:47:00 PM

I bought this when it was on sale, and completely regret it... Like many others who have tried Crest Pro Health, I also find the insides of my mouths to be peeling a white jelly substance (which is actually our skin!). It made my mouth feel really gross.

I didn't notice it happening everyday despite the fact that I was using Crest Pro Heath everyday, so at first I was skeptical about what was causing it. But here are some things I did notice:

- My understanding is that a ingredient to try to avoid (which Crest Pro Health has) is "Sodium Lauryl/eth Sulfates (SLS)". It is extremely harsh on the skin.
- Dryness of the mouth seems to be another additional factor to the peeling. I seem to notice the film more if I'm really thirsty.
- Also, the film appeared on days where I use Listerine, especially if I keep the rinse in my mouth for longer than a minute (since I try to multi task).

It seems like a combination of things, so not just the toothpaste itself. But I've never had a problem with Sensodyne + dry mouth + Listerine causing peeling. In the end, I definitely think this toothpaste should be avoided.

Regardless, if you find your mouth to be peeling, stop using it! Better safe than sorry!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I should have read the reviews before buying this. While I think this does a good job of cleaning my teeth, it does irritate my gums a bit. I have not noticed any staining or peeling thank goodness. I do find this an average toothpaste. I usually follow up with the matching mouthwash and I think that has helped get rid of the filmy aftertaste this leaves. I will still use up my tube until something better comes along.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This toothpaste smells & tastes good + gets your teeth really clean, but it makes the insides of my gums peel so bad. I wont repurchase or in a full size. There are effective & less harsh toothpastes out there.

I ran out of this tooth paste and decided to try sensodyne which was horrible! This toothpaste leaves my breath nice and refreshed and my teeth feeling squeaky clean!!

Popular Other Products