Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.8

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I first got this product a while ago for my KP and didn't use it diligently. I was a bit put off by its sour smell and stickyness and wasn't in the habit of using any product diligently anyway.. I rediscovered it in my closet about a month ago and have been using it once a day (at night time after showering) on my arms and also on my legs for stubborn in-grown hairs from shaving. It has worked WONDERS but it takes time and regular use.

The KP on my arms is basically gone! I combine it with a scrubby cloth like salux and basic Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as bodywash. My legs are rapidly improving (though not perfect - had really bad in-grown hairs).

THEN recently, I got the idea to try it on my face. I have pretty bad acne and clogged pores, am using a retinoid/BP combo and am mostly improving. All the breakouts are gone, but tons of clogged pores and dull skin, plus dry and flakey from the retinoid. I was scared of using this because it has parabens and other stuff, but it worked like a miracle! I slathered some onto a clean face at night, and in the morning my face was smooth, breakout free and flake free. This stuff is a miracle.

CONS:
-I wouldn't put this on your face unless your face is "bullet-proof". My face isn't sensitive and can tolerate most harsh stuff pretty well. This stuff still stung.
-It does not smell nice. It has a lingering sour-ish scent.
-This stuff is sticky and takes a while to sink in. Kind of gross.

Overall:
Would 100% recommend to anybody with KP and people with dull dry facial skin/clogged pores/acne that don't have sensitive skin. Maybe they can try the 5% first? This is totally worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like the initial gluey feel and chemical-like scent of this lotion but it's exfoliating properties are AWESOME!!! It gets rid of uneven skintone, flaking and rough skin, clogged pores and is just all around fabulous for any dry skin related problem. I especially like using it on my feet and hands. You have to be patient though, you have to use it continuously to see results. But believe me-they will come! :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my secret weapon skin moisturizer. It is the reason my face is silky smooth and flawless. It is dirt cheap here in Canada and runs for about 10 bucks for a good sized bottle. I use it nightly and it lasts me over a year. I have oily-combo skin and it doesn't clog my pores or make me break out, it also allows my daily makeup to go on smoothly the next morning after removal. But because this is an AHA you gotta use sunscreen daily if you are gonna try it out.

on 2/5/2003 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is good for kerititis pilaris - the bumpy, hardened hair follicles that form on the backs of people's upper arms and elsewhere. It dislodges the dry flakies pretty well. It's probably a good idea to wear sunscreen when you use this as it's similar to glycolic acid in how it works...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In Canada Lac-Hydrin 12 is NOT prescription and costs approximately $9CD for a bottle, so I buy this up there.

It is the only thing that works to help the bumps I get on my arms and legs. There's a name for the condition but I can't remember offhand.

The lotion is cheap, the smell fades quickly which is a good thing :)

If you have a problem skin but can't afford to see your doc and fill a prescription in the US, I would try to get someone to custom buy this for you in Canada and give it a try.