4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

So sad this has been discontinued! I used to swear by it for my flaky skin. I read that a lot of people are using Dermal Therapy Alpha Hydroxy Lotion. I just started using it and so far it's working even better than Lac-Hydrin!

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Was so bummed out this product was disocuntined but Shopperks Drug Mart recommended Derma Lac to me which is the exact same thing!

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

2 years ago

Actually devastated that this is discontinued. It was the only product which could give me soft silky skin and now I am back to what looks like horrible body acne. This was my miracle cream.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

So I'm super saddened to say that this product has been discontinued. I am so disappointed and kind of mad. I don't understand how this company can make a decision like this about a beloved product. I called the manufacturer to confirm, because I haven't been able to find any at multiple Shoppers for months and it says Discontinued on the Well.ca website. As far as I know, there is no comparable product. This really sucks.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

My skin gets really dry/flaky in the summer from heat/sun. This lotion WORKS. I agree with the other reviewer that said it the most unsexy lotion you'll ever use. It sticky, stinky and heavy on skin but it does the job. I use it at night and rinse it off in the morning.

About reviewer (340 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I think this is my first ever review here, I had to do it because I love this stuff so much. This is the only thing that has worked for my breakouts, I've been using it for a couple of years. I lightly apply to my t-zone every night after cleansing. It doesn't smell great, and it's a little sticky, but those both fade. My skin only breaks out occasionally now, usually due to something I did, and any dark marks from scarring get faded nicely. This has also cleared up the bumps on my arms, they are really smooth. Here in Canada, I get it at London Drugs, it's usually hidden on the top shelf or you have to ask for it. It's $11 or so. I also found it at Costco for $7, which is the best price I've seen. The bottle is so large and you use so little that it lasts a very long time. Beware any open skin or cut, this stuff will sting like a B. If I am applying to skin with an open spot, I will cover it with one finger so I can safely apply the product around it with my other hand.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

Works to smooth out bumpy skin. I used it on my face, 2 days in a row, at night (keep away from eyes and lips!), and on my body 4 days in a row so far. My facial skin has completely begun smoothing out (the uneven bumpiness from irritation or past scars)--it's almost scary to think how quickly I got results there! I like this better than glycolic acid. I think on my face i will use it once a week, so the results may be gradual, but i won't be risking damage. Something so potent might be easy to overdo. . My body skin is very polished and nice now. I have very sensitive skin which easily gets rashes and bumps, especially my legs. (My legs are usually red and bumpy and irritated from most creams.) This cream smoothed it out very nicely in such a short period of time! No irritation. It is also quite hydrating but feels sticky. on the face you will want to wash it off right away! It is a good treatment product and worth having. Would make a good and useful little gift for anyone, too. - (What I wish i had known beforehand: wash hands after using it so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and get it in.)

About reviewer (635 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

I just didn't see any results with this. I'm so disappointed, I've been trying it off and on for a long time and it just doesn't make a difference to my skin at all. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

4 years ago

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

Unfortunately, after my first bottle I didn't see any results. However, after reading all those reviews, I'm tempted to try it again, so I might update this review if I buy another one.

About reviewer (534 reviews)

Age25-29