Biosilk Biosilk hydrating shampo

2.3

So almost two years ago I alllwed someone go bleach my hair three times in one day and I ended up having to chop my hair off. I had burgundy hair for a few months and then decided to go back dark. I was using framesi color lover in the green bottle and then joico kpak shampoo and conditioner. My hair is a lot better now but I saw this at tj maxx for like $10 and heard a lot of people always talking about biosilk so I figured I'd grab it and try it out. My hairdresser said it should be okay for my color treated hair, too. I dye it black with a hint of purple. I've been using this for maybe a month now and it's just okay. I don't think it feels super cleansing or anything and I think it might be taking more dye out of my hair than other color safe shampoos do. Idk if it's maybe not that great since I got it at tj maxx but I'm glad I didn't pay a lot for it. I'll probably use the rest up but won't buy again. I already bought a bottle of the framesi shampoo and conditioner to use when I'm out of this and my joico conditioner. Edit: my scalp has been really itchy lately, even after I wash my hair which is not normal for me. I think this shampoo might be drying out my scalp or irritating it. I'm tempted to throw the rest out and not bother finishing it up.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this thinking because it said "hydrating shampoo therapy" that it would actually moisturize my hair. Upon rinsing the lather my hair was stuck together and matted, could hardly get my conditioner through the strands. Horrible shampoo. So sorry I wasted my money. Oh plus the smell was really REALLY bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will never buy this product ever again, even if it is the last shampoo on earth. It makes my scalp physically sore. So sore. It causes my hair to fall out , to the point I thought something was seriously wrong with me. I thought to myself maybe it was the shampoo and conditioner, so I tried another shampoo I have and boom 1/4 of my hair fell out and my scalp is slowly healing. Please don't waste your money or your hair on this crap product.

I got this because i really liked the serum and the Silk shampoo. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair that needs moisture. But after using this all i got was greasy hair. That never happens to me, i never have to wash my hair every single day.
It is definitely not worth the price, doesnt last a long time. I was also not a big fan of the smell of this product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this in a shampoo/conditioner/Silk Therapy set from Target and I find they work absolutely amazing when used together. The smell is a great smell that I feel everyone could enjoy and the results are beautiful. After washing my hair with the shampoo and conditioner, I let my hair half-dry before putting in the smoothing serum. My hair results in a smooth, shiny and sleek look after straightening. I don't suggest this product for someone looking for volume but my issue is frizzy, wavy hair so volume wasn't a concern.

This shampoo doesn't lather, and makes my hair feel like it has residue. As a cleaner, I don't like it. As a once-a-week treatment for soft hair, I use it and the conditioner. It does make my hair really soft, but after a day it feels like it's picking up dirt! So, I will use this until it's gone, but I won't buy it again. There are deep conditioners that provide the same/ better results.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I saw lots of bad reviews but I like this shampoo. I bought big bottle (12 oz.) and I'm using it 4 moths now and there is still product left although I washing my hair every single day.

My hair is virgin, so I don't know maybe this shampoo to weak for dyed ones. It smells really nice, my hair shiny and the best thing they not dull anymore. I'm using conditioner and oil from this line as well. I am sure I will buy another bottle.

I also have very sensitive scalp, this one doesn't cost any problem.

I don't know maybe some people want some miraculous results from shampoo but as I don't believe in miracles and I tried a lot of different brands in the same price range - this is one of the best.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Extremely drying!

Bottles leak, product stinks like an old musty building that's been sitting untouched since the 70s, leaves you OILY and gross even paired with trying to fix it with decent products. Glad I got this as a gift. I'd never spend a dime on this.

Terrible, terrible shampoo. It is drying and does not smooth or hydrate the hair.

I bought this on a whim, having success with the Biosilk serum. Big mistake - should have checked MUA reviews first. Now I'm stuck with getting my hair back into the shape it was before I started using this shampoo.

Save yourself some time, money and grief - Pass on it if you see it on sale, throw it out if you currently own it.